Chapter 21

The One For Me

 

Your POV

 

 

“Myungsoo.” I stood up. He looked at Kai then back at me.

“I…”

“I need to speak with you.” He said.

“About what?” I asked. I felt Kai’s gaze on me.

“Hyung.”

“L, I don’t~”

“You’re hurting him, Eun~”

“Eunsoo-ya, sit down.” Kai said without looking up.

“He’s here, Eunsoo. He wants talk to you.” Myungsoo said.

“We’re already over L, we broke up~”

“So this is what I get?”

She spun and found Hoya with half of his face covered by a baseball cap.

Kai stopped eating.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Hoya~”

“Is this still about following my parents? Or have you fallen for this guy’s trap?”

Eunsoo looked at Kai.

“We’re friends, Hoya. There’s no trap~”

“You know what kind of~”

“What is your problem? Don’t you know that just by your mere presence you’re putting her in danger again?” Kai stood up.

Myungsoo looked around, some people were watching them.

“Kai, it’s fine~”

“No, it’s not fine. What if people recognize him here? You’re going to get hurt, again.” He hissed.

Myungsoo looked at his cousin.

“I want you to leave her alone, Kai. Then I’ll go.”

Eunsoo’s eyes widened.

“Arent you going overboard?” She looked at him.

“Soo, you don’t know~”

“He is my friend, Howon. If he leaves, we’ll leave together. Go back to your wife.” Eunsoo took her bag from her seat and walked out.

“She wanted to fight for you two, Hoya. But you always hurt her with your actions.” Kai said before following her.

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

 

“Eunsoo, wait up~”

“You just….had to add that.” She sighed and looked at me.

“I was just trying to keep you out from trouble.”

“I know, thanks.” She nodded and continued to walk.

“Every time I see him, I feel…..”

“You still like him, don’t try to reason with me.” I chuckled. She smiled.

“I wasn’t trying to.” She shook her head.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Hoya watched as the two walked away. Even Myungsoo turned skeptic towards Kai. Even though they weren’t close, he knew that Kim Jongin isn’t a smiley person.

“Hyung, Eunsoo and him and are just friends. Don’t worry.” Myungsoo nodded. Hoya’s brows furrowed and he stepped out of the place.

 

Eunsoo got out of her class. For some reason, she felt extremely exhausted today. She didn’t even want to talk to Jihae or to Kai. Quietly, she stepped inside the school’s hall.

She sat on one of the chairs and put on her headphones. She closed her eyes and tried to relax.

A few minutes later, she felt a presence beside her.

“Hoya.” She muttered. Hoya smiled at her as he held her hand. She tried to pull away.

“Don’t…please.” Hoya said. Eunsoo noticed the pain in his voice. She sat still.

“Give me a chance to be with you again, Soo.”

“Hoya, you’re married.” She replied.

“I love you, that’s all that matters. I know you haven’t forgotten about me, Soo.”

Eunsoo looked away as she felt her eyes moisten.

“At least…stop avoiding me. I’m still your Lee Howon.” Hoya looked at her face.

Eunsoo didn’t reply. Hoya smiled lightly and hugged her.

 

Chaekyung stood on the doorway, her grip on the ballpen she was holding tightened as she saw them.

“He’s mine.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++