Chapter 29

The One For Me

Narrator’s POV

 

Chaekyung scoffed as she saw Eunsoo and the new student talk.

“A total flirt.” She hissed under her breath.

“I’ll make you suffer.”

“You hate her that much?” Her friend asked.

“She thinks she can get everything she wants. Even my husband.”

 

“Do you guys know why Kai is such a grump today?” Eunsoo asked as she sat beside Chanyeol and Baekhyung for lunch.

“Ani. Is he in a bad mood? That’s quite…unusual.” Baekhyung tapped his chin.

“Maybe he broke up with his girl or something.” Eunsoo nodded.

“Soo, that doesn’t happen. He never feels down just because of a fling.”

“Ah.” Eunsoo nodded.

 

Kai went out of the restroom and looked around. All day he’s been hearing girls squeal about the new student. And he was annoyed by it, well for another reason. No, he wasn’t jealous of the spotlight given to the newbie. He didn’t like the fact that the newbie seems to be close to Eunsoo. Too close.

Then he saw Eunsoo walk out of the cafeteria with her bag, she was about to push open the door to head out. Kai’s sharp eyes caught the pile of books hanging on top of the door.

 

Your POV

 

I headed out of the cafeteria to grab some things from my dorm. I opened the door, but then I felt someone pull me back, I winced as I felt my back collide with the wall.

I saw a set of books land on the floor, right on the spot where I was standing.

I looked up, Kai was looking at me.

“Are….you okay?” He asked.

His two hands were on my elbows.

“Yeah..Thanks.”

He sighed and pulled away.

“How…did you…”

“I saw you from afar.” He nodded as he opened the door, we stepped out.

“You were ignoring me the whole day. Why save me?” I gave him a look. He looked away.

“Should I let you get hit by those thick volumes then?” He challenged.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Chaekyung bit her lip in annoyance as she saw Eunsoo walking out with Kai without any bruise.

“He saved her.” She crossed her arms.

“Bigung, the crown prince is waiting, let us go.”

 

“We’re over.” Eunsoo said. Kai looked at her.

“With Hoya.”

“Mwo? Ya~”

“Yesterday, I told him that we have to accept things.” She nodded. Kai frowned.

“Then, what about you? Are you okay?” Kai asked. Eunsoo smiled and gently patted his hand.

“Don’t worry.”

 

Kai’s POV

 

I waited for Eunsoo to go down from the dorm. She said she had some things to pick up.

“I got it already.” I heard her voice behind me. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a black racer back.

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere.” She nodded.

“You’ve been keeping things from me, Eunie.”

“Aniya. I just have some things to fix here and there. You can go now, thanks for walking me here, bepu.” She chuckled.

“Stop it.”

“Huh?” She looked at me.

“Pretending that you’re fine. Stop it.”

“Kai~”

I shook my head at her and gently wrapped my arms around her.

“I can see it in your eyes, Eunsoo. You’re sad. Stop saying that you’re okay.”

“I never….knew that…it would..hurt..so much.”

“Don’t worry, I’m here.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++