Chapter 44

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Eunsoo went down from her room and found the house empty.

“Where is every~oh!”

She changed into a pair of shorts, a high low shirt and a pair of loafers. She went to her car and began to call her cousin.

 

Suho stifled his laugh as the girl beside Kai clung to him. Ahyeon was her name, she saw Kai when they entered the restaurant and she had forcefully invited herself to their table.

Kris and Luhan were finally back from China and the whole conversation on the table was multilingual.

“Where’s mei mei?” Luhan looked up at Lay.

“She said she was on her way, she slept late last night, I think.” Lay nodded.

Sehun and Tao looked at the girl beside Kai.

“Who’s she?” Chen whispered. Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Some random girl who keeps on clinging to him, I wonder how Kai is feeling.”

Xiumin laughed then his eyes brightened as he saw someone enter.

“Looking hot, mei.” He chuckled.

 

“Lulu!” Eunsoo chuckled and gave him a hug. Luhan laughed.

“I missed you too, Soo.”

Eunsoo chuckled and looked at Kris.

“Glad to see you back, Ge.” She beamed and gave him a hug.

“Same here mei, now sit down before they notice the height difference.” Kris smirked.

“Ya!”

Eunsoo plopped beside her cousin, she was seated between Suho and Lay.

“Is everybody here? Am I the only tardy~”

“Oppa~”

Eunsoo binked and looked up. She saw Kai and Ahyeon. Ahyeon was clinging to his arm tightly. Eunsoo raised her brows briefly and she looked away.

“We already ordered Mei.”

Eunsoo nodded and took out her phone.

“Why do you have one girl with you guys?” Ahyeon spoke.

“She’s my cousin.” Lay replied.

Eunsoo looked at Chanyeol.

“Mwo?” Chanyeol mouthed.

“What?” She blinked. Then they both chuckled.

“She even flirts with everyone.” Ahyeon muttered lowly. Not low enough though. Kai shook her arm off and looked at Eunsoo.

“Eunie~”

“Oppa, I was wondering about the gradation project, do you remember the criteria?”

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at Kai.

“Kai oppa why are you looking at her?” Ahyeon asked sweetly and she wrapped one arm around Kai’s waist. Eunsoo kept her gaze at Baekhyun.

“Ahyeon~”

“I know, you did tell me that I always the one in your eyes.”

Chanyeol looked at Kai. Eunsoo’s brows furrowed slightly.

“I love you too, Kai.” Ahyeon chuckled.

Kris and Luhan looked at Eunsoo.

“Mei~” Lay started.

“Where’s the food? I’m hungry.” Eunsoo said, Lay noticed she was gripping the table napkin hard.

 

“Should we go somewhere after this?” Suho asked as the waiter cleared up their table. Eunsoo looked at him.

“Naru Park oppa, I heard they have rides there.”

“How old are you again, Mei?” Luhan chuckled. Eunsoo stuck her tongue out.

 

They went out of the restaurant, Eunsoo made her way back to her car. She shook head as she walked. She was trying to clear her mind.

Earlier, for some reason, she felt really…angry inside. She didn’t like the way Ahyeon clung to Kai. She didn’t like her whiny voice. She didn’t like her brown her hair. She just didn’t like her.

“What am I thinking?!” She muttered.

“Am I being jealous…?”

“Eunie, wait.” She felt a hand on her arm.

“Let go.” She said without facing me.

“Eunsoo, please, we need to talk~”

“Kai we can, later. At the park.” Eunsoo looked up and met her eyes with his. She faltered a little but she stood her ground.

Kai shook his head.

“Earlier, with Ahyeon, she was just joking~”

“Why are you trying to explain? It’s nothing. I know how you are Kai. I get it now.”

“Eunsoo, no~”

“Stop explaining!” She blurted out and pushed him away.

“I am explaining, because of this.”

Then he pulled her to him and placed his lips on hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++