Chapter17

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV
 

 

Lay chatted with his friends while Kyungsoo and Xiumin were reading the menu and doing the ordering. Kris and Luhan had already left for China.

“Is Kai coming?” Tao asked.

“Yes he is, Zitao.” Suho nodded patiently.

“Suho oppa?”

They turned and found Eunsoo looking at them. Suho smiled and hugged her.

“Aigoo, how are you doing?”

Eunsoo nodded meekly and sat beside him.

“Mei mei!” Tao beamed at her.

Eunsoo smiled a little. Lay sighed in relief as he saw her cousin’s mood lighten up a little, but he knew that wasn’t her real smile.

“Chen chen.” She greeted Chen. Chen smiled at her warmly and pinched her cheek.

“What about Chanyeol and Byunbaek?” Xiumin asked.

“They’re coming with maknae, Kai is on his way.”

“Kai too?”

“Yeah.”

“How come I’ve met all of you but I just knew Kai? Is he new to the….group?” Eunsoo voiced.

“Ani, Kai just really busy….with dates.” Xiumin chuckled. Everyone at the table laughed. Even Eunsoo had to chuckle at that. Suho squeezed her hand meaningfully. Eunsoo looked at him.

“Nan gwaenchanha, oppa.” She nodded.

“I’m always here, you know that right?”

She smiled back at him.

“So that’s how you guys do it? Back bite me?”

Kai was standing behind them. Eunsoo looked at him. Kai rolled his eyes and plopped beside her.

“At least I’m not the last to arrive.” He nodded.

“It’s you again.” He smirked at Eunsoo. But then he smiled.

tumblr_m7huerz51W1r6ow53o1_500.gif

Kyungsoo and Xiumin blinked at him.

Did he just smile whole heartedly?

Even Lay was taken aback.

Suho blinked at his friend.

“I know, me again.” She nodded.

Kai chuckled and ruffled her hair.

“Who is that person?” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

Hoya sighed as he got inside his room. Chaekyung and him had separate rooms; it was the king’s order that they live in separate quarters until they graduate.

He saw the framed photo of him with his friends and Eunsoo was sitting on his lap. He smiled bitterly.

“You have no idea how much I miss you.” He whispered as he touched the glass.

He frowned as he remembered her walking with Kai. Then he grew worried, why was he always with her?

 

Hoya’s POV

 

 

He can’t be toying with her right? Everyone knows about his reputation with women.

But Eunsoo’s not that type of girl. She’s smart enough to see what kind of~

I shouldn’t be thinking about this. That Kim Jongin is just using our situation to his advantage.

I heard someone enter my room.

“Jeonha, the king and queen requests your presence at the main palace.”

“Wae?”

“They want you to dine with them.”

I gave the palace maid a nod.

 

On my way to the main palace, I ran across L.

“Hyung, something’s not right.”

“Mwo?” I looked at him.

“I’m just telling you this, but something went wrong. Eunsoo had a reason to break up with you.”

“Myungsoo~”

“Just….watch out, arasso?”

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Kai mentally cursed himself. The past few days he had been so caught up on worrying about a certain someone that he forgot about his usual routine.

Le girls and le dates.

He knew he was getting too attached to her. But he couldn’t help it, there was just something about Eunsoo that pulled him. Maybe it was her warm disposition or her being loyal to her loved ones.

Kai shook his head and all thoughts of her.

He picked up his cellphone, which have been ringing endlessly.

“Oh, sorry I was busy.” He said.

“Oppa, are you busy? We’re at the club already!” The girl on the other line whined.

“I’ll be there soon, wait for me, babe.”

He placed his phone down.

“I have to get out.” He nodded to himself as he went to his room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++