Chapter 18

The One For Me

 

Your POV

 

“Ani, gege, wae?!” I whined as Lay ge parked the car in front of a club. I eyed the long line of people waiting.

“Come on, mei.” Gege tugged my wrist as we walked to the entrance.

“Look at that line!” I tried to dissuade him.

“VIP baby.” Gege chuckled as one of the bouncers nodded at him and he opened the door.

Oh brother.

 

“Why would you bring me here?” I hollered over the loud music.

“Because, you need this. Enjoy honey.” Gege kissed my forehead then he banished.

I looked at the cluster of dancing people on the floor. Why is this place so dark?

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

 

“Oppa, here!”

I smiled and got the drink from Misun.

“Oppa, are you busy this weekend? Let’s watch a movie.”

I nodded, then I looked at the entrance.

I saw Lay hyung talking with Suho and Xiumin hyung.

Theyre here.

“Uh, Kai?”

Am I starting to hear voices too?

I came here to drown all thoughts about Choi Eunsoo, why am I hearing her voice?!

I looked up and Eunsoo was looking at me. I felt Misun wrap her arm around mine. I saw Eunsoo shake her head at me.

“It’s you again. At school, it’s you. In class, it’s you. Even here? Choi Eunsoo again?”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Eunsoo made a face at her friend.

“I didn’t know you were busy, Kai-ssi. I’ll see you later.” She turned her back and walked to the bar.

Kai chuckled and went back to his drink. Misun eyed Eunsoo warily.

“Is she going to be your next one oppa?” She asked.

“No. She’s not that type.” Kai shook his head.

“What do you mean oppa?” The girl asked while gently touching his arm.

“She’s not cheap.” He said bluntly.

 

Eunsoo sat on the bar and ordered bottled water and some fruit. She looked around for her cousin. But Lay was no where to be found.

From a far she saw Xiumin and Tao dancing. She sighed, she wanted to get out of the place and go home.

“Hey there sweetie.”

She turned and someone had occupied the seat beside her.

She smiled briefly and looked away. Then a drink was pushed to her.

“My treat.” The man whispered to her ear. She tensed and pulled away.

“I…don’t drink.” She muttered as she tried to stand, but the man reached out to her wrist.

“Oh no, don’t leave yet, we still have to talk.” The man slurred. Eunsoo panicked as she looked around for her cousin.

 

Kai looked up from his drink and saw that Eunsoo was in some kind of trouble.

“Kai~”

He stood up abruptly and crossed the dance floor with a hard look on his face.

 

Kai pried the man’s arm off her. The guy looked up.

“What the hell?!”

Kai smirked and pulled Eunsoo behind him.

“Don’t touch her.” He said and turned, but the man pulled him back.

“I saw her first, back off.” The man sneered.

“Please leave before I call for security.”

The man glared at him, Kai just pulled her out of the club.

 

“You…are a magnet for trouble.”

Eunsoo shrugged and leaned on the car’s hood.

“What were you doing in there anyways?” Kai asked.

“Gege dragged me with him, I thought you were busy, go back inside, I’ll take a cab home.” She said.

“Nice try, then your cousin will kill me for leaving you.” Kai rolled his eyes. Eunsoo chuckled.

“Good point.”

Kai looked at her as Eunsoo watched the night sky. He smiled.

“Do….you miss him?” He asked. Eunsoo looked at him.

“Yes, but I try to..block it all out. Just like earlier, I wanted to drink but I couldn’t make myself do it.” She chuckled.

“Good thing you didn’t.” Kai nodded.

“I never thought that I’d get along with someone like you, Kim Jongin.”

“Is that supposed to be a good thing?” Kai looked at her.

“What do you think Cassanova?”

Kai laughed.

“Neutral.” He nodded.

“If you say so.” Eunsoo rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

I sense a lot of confused readers... Hah! Thats what i feel when i write for this fic *evil laugh*

good thing to know that i'm not alone :"">