Chapter 8

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Eunsoo almost choked on her drink, she looked at Kai with wide eyes.

“What are you two talking about?” Luhan looked up.

“School.” Kai shrugged. Lay shook his head at the two. Eunsoo glared at him.

“What are you doing?!” She hissed lowly. Kai grinned.

He shrugged and sipped his coffee.

 

“Ge, I still have to head back to school, I’ll be home for dinner.” Eunsoo said as she stood up.

“Kai, why don’t you drive her there, don’t you still have class?” Luhan blinked. Eunsoo shut her eyes briefly.

NO!

“I do, that’s fine.”

Lay narrowed his eyes at his friend.

“Don’t worry hyung, she’s your cousin, I know.” Kai chuckled.

 

Kai’s POV

 

“You could have said no, you know.”

I shook my head at her.

“Tell me honestly, Eunsoo.”

“What?”

“You don’t want to go back to school huh?”

I saw her look away, I opened the door for her. She wordlessly got in the car.

 

“Kind of.” She muttered as I started the engine.

“I don’t understand.” I said.

“What?”

“Why did you reject him?”

“Because, we’re still young, we both have our dreams and goals in life that we have not yet reached. And if we marry, what about our parents? They’ll be disappointed.”

I nodded.

“Plus, I’m not yet even ready for marriage.” She whispered.

I don’t even know why I’m being good to her. But what she said was right. She’s different, if it was another girl, she would jump and say yes to the crown prince, but Choi Eunsoo….she’s one of a kind.

“I get your point, Eunsoo.”

She smiled lightly.

“I guess you being the Cassanova that you are, you have your good points.” She chuckled.

“Whatever you say, young miss Zhang.”

 

Narrator’s POV
 

Hoya and his friends were talking at the parking area. Hoya was being quiet, leaning on his car beside Sunggyu. Then they noticed as black Aston Martin arrive.

“That’s nice.” Dongwoo whistled.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu looked up, then L’s brows furrowed.

“Eunsoo?” He questioned.

Hoya looked up and saw Eunsoo get out from the car, then Kai went down. Hoya narrowed his eyes, Infinite looked at him worriedly.

 

“Well, it’s just one class, Eun~”

Kai stopped when he noticed that Eunsoo was looking elsewhere. He followed her gaze.

He found Hoya and his friends looking at them.

“I should…..go.” He muttered before leaving. Eunsoo bit her lip and began to walk to the school’s gates.

“Eunsoo, wait.” She felt a hand on her wrist.

She looked at Hoya.

“Why?” He looked at her eyes.

“Hoya, I told you~”

“I cant marry her, Soo. You know that, why are you being like this?” Hoya sighed.

“Hoya, I love you I do, but I cant marry you.”

“You’re lying.”

“No, I’m not. I cant just marry you right away. What about our parents? Did you even think about the consequences?” She sighed as she shrugged his hand off.

“You say this to me and yet you’re with someone else?”

“Hoya~”

“I don’t get you anymore, Soo.” He shook his head before leaving.

 

Eunsoo held her tears as she walked to the classroom. Kai looked up with worry as he watched her. He decided not to disturb her. But deep inside, for some unknown reason, he was worried.

Then his phone was ringing. He ignored the call, knowing it was his girlfriend. Well, one of his girlfriends.

Eunsoo on the other hand, was zoning out of the lecture. She was right, no matter how hard she tried to explain to him, Hoya would not understand her.

 

As soon as class was over, Eunsoo stood up.

“Eunsoo?”

She looked at Kai.

“Just so you know, if you need someone to talk to, I’m here.” Kai smiled and patted her shoulder.

“I know, Kai. Thanks.” She nodded and left.

Kai puffed his cheeks and watched her.

“You’re going to be okay. He’ll understand your reasons.” He whispered before leaving.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

even author is confused....howon...kai? who??????

hahhaaha