Chapter 38

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Chaekyung…believe me…Hoya and I are over.”

“Lies. All he ever paid attention to is you, you !”

Eunsoo closed her eyes again.

“I hate you. You think you’re so great because everyone likes you! Including his friends~”

Eunsoo collapsed on the floor. Chaekyung’s eyes widened as she saw Eunsoo lie motionlessly on the soil.

She took a step back. That was when the door suddenly swung open, she noticed that a group of students had gathered outside to watch them.

“What are you doing?!”

She looked at Hoya who was glaring at her.

“Oppa, I was~”

Hoya bent down and picked her up. A gasp was heard from the crowd.

“I’ll take her.”

 

Everyone looked at Kai as he stepped to the crown prince.

“It’s okay~”

“Give her to me.”

“Stay out of this~”

“I don’t think Eunsoo would appreciate if you would do this.” Kai said. Hoya looked away, Kai took Eunsoo from his arms and effortlessly held her.

“Please, stop hurting her.” Kai said before leaving.

 

Your POV

 

I sat up as soon as I realized where I was.

Home. In my room, specifically.

What happened to Chaekyung?

“This is it, I’ve had enough watching you suffer.”

I looked up and saw Kai leaning on my dresser.

“Kai~”

“You told me you already let him go! Why are you still entertaining that wife of his~”

“What are you talking about?” I looked at him. I’ve never seen him this mad. There was something different about him.

“Me? Ask yourself, what kind of a fool are you to follow her?!”

“Kai, she just wanted to talk~”

“That’s the whole point! Why would you talk to her? You know very well that she’s nothing but trouble!”

“Why are you so worked up?!” I sighed. Kai uncrossed his arms.

“Because, you told me, no, claimed that you already let Hoya go, then why are you still associating~”

“What does it have to do with you?! I just woke up and now you’re yelling at me!” I looked at him.

“Because I like you! I don’t like seeing you hurt!”

 

 

Tao puffed his cheeks as he heard Eunsoo and Kai argue. Lay shook his head and went to his room.

“Someday, those two might end up together.” Lay chuckled and closed the door.

 

Hoya was inside his room. He sat on his desk and he sighed deeply.

What Kai said to him was right.

He should stop hurting her. The more he interacted with Eunsoo, the more she would get hurt.

Just like earlier.

Finally, he accepted the truth that he had been denying.

 

He should let her go now.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++