Chapter 34

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

“…..you forgive me.”

Eunsoo looked at him. She couldn’t even understand herself. Why was she so aggravated earlier?

“You’re right, I’m not your responsibility, there’s nothing to forgive.” She nodded.

“Eunsoo, please, look at me.”

Eunsoo didn’t dare look up.

“I need to go.” She pulled away.

“I was just annoyed okay?!”

“The whole day you kept on reminding how I was-” Kai stopped talking suddenly.

Eunsoo looked up.

“How you where what? Look, Kai, it’s fine.”

“I’m not letting you walk out on me again.” He said.

“Ah, earlier~”

“So, please stop reminding how I was before Eunie. I know you think that I’m a jerk, playing with girls’ feelings.”

Eunsoo looked away and she sighed.

“Right. A jerk.” She tried to lighten up the mood. Kai chuckled and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“I’m sorry. I do care about you, you’re my bepu. I just got really~”

“I know.” She nodded.

 

Lay’s eyes narrowed as the two walked back in the restaurant. He purposely pulled his cousin to sit beside him. Eunsoo smiled and gave him a hug.

“Did you buy me something?”

“Nothing.” He gave her a look. Eunsoo made a face and began to eat. Kai gave her a smile before taking his seat.

 

 

Your POV

 

“Class is over, finally.” Jihae stretched her arms beside me.

“I hate Mondays, Soo.”

I chuckled.

“Everyone does.” I nodded.

“So, will you be going back to the dorm this week?”

“I’m not really sure, my cousin says it would be better if I stay home.”

“Oh, your gege? He’s so handsome.”

I chuckled.

“Whatever Ji.”

“Can you give me his number?”

“Jihae!” I playfully shoved her away.

She laughed, and then I felt someone pull me away.

 

Narrator’s POV
 

Hoya winced as he felt the egg hit him on the back. Eunsoo had her eyes closed as her face collided with his chest lightly.

There was a gasp heard from the students present at the hallway.

Hoya gently looked at her face.

“Are you okay?” He asked. Eunsoo looked up.

“What happened?” She blinked.

Hoya shook his head and let her go.

“Howon~”

She noticed the eggshells on the floor, she stepped behind Hoya.

“Eggs?!”

“I saw someone aiming at you. You didn’t get hurt?”

She sighed.

“Let’s wash that blazer of yours.”

 

The two ended up outside the school’s gym in front of the water faucet. Hoya was leaning on the wall and observing her.

Eunsoo carefully rubbed off the sticky substance and placed in on the chair.

“It might take some time to dry.” She said with finality as she pulled the down the sleeves off her sweater. Hoya gave her a nod.

“Thanks for saving me.”

“You’re welcome.” Hoya nodded. Eunsoo looked around, then she started to walk away. Then, Hoya reached for her wrist.

“I’m sorry.”

Eunsoo looked at him.

“I wasn’t able to protect you.”

She smiled a little and looked at him.

“Can’t I hug you? I miss you so much, Soo.”

Eunsoo looked at his eyes, they were filled with hurt and longing. Gently, she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I missed you too, Howon. But this cant go on, you know that.”

Hoya nodded and gently placed his chin on her shoulders. Eunsoo felt fresh tears fall from her eyes.

“I really did love you, Hoya. I never thought this would happen.”

Hoya’s eyes watered.

“I hurt you, pushing you away killed me too. But I had too.” Eunsoo whispered.

Hoya tried to look at her but she just hugged him tighter.

“That’s why I’m begging you to let me go. It’s hurting me too.” She said. Hoya shook his head and kissed her hair.

“Please.”

He sighed as he felt his own tears fall.

“I’m so sorry.” She whispered before she broke away from him and ran away.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++