Chapter 5

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Kai played with his car keys as he walked to class, he was absentmindedly walking ahead and shaking his head to the imaginary beats he was listening to but then he heard some people arguing. He stopped walking and peeped at the door.

“I’m—I’m sorry, Hoya. I cant.” He heard a feminine voice. Then someone went out, the girl. She ran off.

Kai looked up and found a man looking at him. Kai looked away and watched the girl’s back.

“It’s her.” He said.

 

 

 

Earlier that day.

 

Eunsoo brushed her hair before going down. She headed down; she was quite surprised that Hoya wasn’t waiting for her. He usually does that every morning. She shrugged the thought of and walked to the university building.

She entered the school, she was quite puzzled at the sight of some girls crying and gossiping. And some were even passing newspapers to each other.

“Did someone die?” She muttered as she made her way to the elevator.

Then she accidentally stepped on the newspaper.

She looked down, and her eyes widened.

 

“Abeoji, how could you?!” Hoya burst into the dining room of the king and queen.

The queen looked down.

“We wanted to announce it as early as possible.” The king said calmly.

“I said no. I am not going to marry her!”

“Are you going to ignore the royal family’s values? We promised her family.”

“This is not fair.” Hoya said.

“No it isn’t, you are not going to marry that commoner. Miss Shin is the one for you.” The king placed his utensils down. Hoya gave him one last glare before heading out.

 

 

Eunsoo looked at herself in the mirror. Part of her wanted to believe that the newspaper was lying.

She closed her eyes briefly. Then she heard someone enter the rest room.

“Soo?”

She froze as she recognized the voice. She found Hoya looking at her.

“Let’s talk.” He said as he took her hand gently.

 

 

Your POV

 

He’s getting married to a royal.  

I flinched as we went out.

“Hoya, let go. What if someone sees us?” I asked. He just shook his head. He found an empty classroom and we went in.

 

“I’m sorry, I should have told you earlier.” He whispered as I felt his chin on my shoulder.

“I…..I don’t know what to say.” I sighed.

Should I hug him back.

“I wont marry her. I cant. Soo~”

“You’re going to defy the king, Hoya.” I said. He leaned on the desk.

“I love you, I cant just marry some girl.”

I looked away. Honestly, after seeing that paper, my mind just went blank. I never saw this coming. I never knew that this would happen to him-us.

Howon looked at me as he got something from his coat pocket.

It was a small blue box, then he opened it and faced it to me.

My eyes widened.

“Choi Eunsoo, will you marry me?”  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++