Insecurities

You're The One

 

It was the day of the party and I was still in my room agonising on what to wear. I laid out some of my best clothes on the bed but still nothing attract me. I heard the doorbell rings and when I got out of my room, Ah In was here.

            “You’re not ready yet?”Ah In said widening his eyes.

            “I don’t know what to wear…”

            “I knew this would happen so I brought you something to wear…” he gave me huge box. “I picked this especially for you…my latest design…”

            “Thank you so much Ah In ya…you’re the best brother ever…”

            “It’s a good thing Taecyeon hyung send me here…he will meet you there…”

20 minutes later, we arrived at the party venue. The place packed with reporters and fans trying to catch a glimpse of their favourite idols.

            “Are you ready noona?” Ah In looked at me.

            “Ready as I ever be…”

Ah In got out of his car and opened my door. We walked arm in arm along the red carpet towards the entrance. Camera flashes went on like crazy, blinding me momentarily.

            “Are you okay noona?”

            “I’m good…” I said clutching tightly to Ah In’s arm.

As soon as we got inside the hall, many people from the entertainment industry were there. Idols, singers, actor and actresses were having fun mingling around.

            “Unnie…” Min greeted me with a hug. “You looked great…”

            “You too Min ah…”

            “Let’s go meet the girls…” Min pulled my hands.

I was talking to MissA girls when I felt a pair of arm s around my waist from behind. I turned around and it was Taecyeon.

            “Hey babe…” a kiss landed on my cheek.

            “Eww…too much PDA…we’ll leave the two of you alone…” Fei said and dragged the girls away leaving us.

            “Looking good jagiya…” he twirled me around.

            “You’re not bad yourself…”

            “Although there’s a little bit too much skin showing…” he pulled the sleeve of my blouse to cover my slightly exposed shoulder. He can be a little too conservative sometimes.

We were talking when his manager came.

            “Taecyeon ah…we need you over here…”

            “But hyung…” Taecyeon looked at me.

            “It’s okay…I’ll be here…”

As Taecyeon went away, I walked to the refreshment table and grabbed a glass of juice. I was lost in my thought when I heard a group of people talking behind me.

            “Isn’t that Taecyeon’s older girlfriend? She doesn’t look that pretty in real life…” a girl said.

            “I wonder what makes him fell for her…there’s so much more beautiful girl idols out there he could choose from…why her?”

            “Maybe she has what other girls don’t…”

            “Yeah…something like age…” a wave of laughter erupted. I felt my chest tighten and I quickly put the glass down and walked to the far corner of the hall.

I saw Taecyeon being surrounded by female idols and he looked comfortable around his circle of same aged people.

            “What are you looking at?” I was startled by a male voice. I turned around and saw Hoyoung oppa.

            “Oh...Hoyoung oppa…what are you doing here?”

            “Attending the party of course…” he smiled.

            “Ok…stupid question…”

Taecyeon POV

Minjae hyung pulled me away before I could get a chance to talk to Hee Jin noona. I went to see Jin Young hyung and his seniors along with other 2PM members.

After greeting the seniors, I wanted to get back to Hee Jin noona but I was stopped midway by the new female group from MS Entertainment, GG.

            “Oppa, you’re looking great tonight…”

            “Thank you Mi Young ah…”

            “Oppa, do you think you could give me Wooyoung oppa’s number?” Hanna asked holding my arm.

            “I can’t do that Hanna ya…you have to ask him yourself…”

I was looking for Hee Jin noona and my eyes spotted her immediately. Hoyoung hyung was next to her.

            “Um…I gotta go girls…I’ll see you later…” I’m walking towards Hee Jin noona when Fame J hyung pulled me to the other side. Aishh!

End of POV

            “So, I’ll see you around Hee Jin ah…” Hoyoung oppa said and walked towards his friends. I’m all alone again. I really hate being in this kind of place, I’d rather get stuck in my kitchen doing some baking. I walked towards Taecyeon but when I tried to ‘steal’ him away from his crowd I failed miserably. I just stood there as if I was invincible. Feeling annoyed and quite pissed off I decided to grab a drink and went outside the hall for some fresh air.

Walking around at the garden made me feel at ease. No cameras, no photographers watching your every move. Sometimes I just wish that Taecyeon were just an ordinary guy doing ordinary job. I even doubt that I was cut for this kind of relationship…but I choose this path so I had to live with it. I should’ve said I was busy if I knew I would be alone at this party.

            “There you are…” I saw Taecyeon coming towards me. “I was looking all over for you…”

            “You’re just a little too busy with your idol friends so I thought I could just stay here instead…”

            “Is that jealousy tone I heard?” he smiled.

            “No…I was happy being alone like an idiot here, while you get surrounded by girls…” I turned around crossing my arms together. The chill outside is getting under my skin.

            “I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to leave you alone in there…” he put his jacket over my shoulder and spun me around.   “How about we get out of here and go somewhere quieter?”

            “Can you leave just like that? I wouldn’t want you to cause another scene…”

            “I’ve told Jin Young hyung that you’re not feeling well and I have to take you home…”

            “Now you’re using me as an excuse?”

            “Let get out of here and then you can get mad at me all you want ok?”

With his hands firmly around my waist, we went to the private parking lot behind the venue. I heard camera clicks and we saw some photographers busy taking our pictures together. I wonder what will be on the headline tomorrow.

Taecyeon stopped the car at the brick bridge that we always went to when we wanted to have some undisturbed privacy. I got out of the car and stood facing the wide sea.

            “Ok…you wanna tell me what’s going on tonight?” he looked at me.

            “I have nothing to say…” I looked out the window and stared at the dark sea.

            “Jagiya…talk to me…you’ve been acting weird ever since we’re at the party…if you don’t tell me, how I am supposed to know what’s going on…”

            “I was jealous ok! I felt insecure when I saw you surrounded by those beautiful female idols…I kept wondering if you would leave me for one of them later…there! I’ve said it!” I heard a soft chuckle from him.

            “Is that why you’ve been acting cold towards me? Come here…” he pulled me into a hug. “You know that’s not gonna happen right?” I felt his hands rubbing my back gently.

            “But what if it did? I know I’m not as beautiful or as famous like any of them…I’m nothing but a commoner…”

            “And I’m not even a royalty if you haven’t noticed…” he broke the hug, cupped my face with both of his hands and kissed the tip of my nose. “Do you honestly think that I would leave this beautiful treasure in front of me for some fake stars?”

            “It could happen…”

            “Jagiya…I’m not like the other guys you’ve dated before…you’ll only be able to get rid of me if I died…besides, there’s no one but you that could make me feel happy, nervous, excited, scared all at the same time…” he hugged me again. “Hear that?”

I could hear the beating of his heart against my chest.

            “You’re the only one who could do that to me…the way you touch me…looked at me when I’m telling you stories…listening to my problems…it’s you and only you have that effect on me.”

I felt like my heart swell with emotion when I heard his confession. No guy ever said that to me before.

            “Did you pick that up from a song?” I looked at him.

            “Jagiya…” he frowned in dissatisfaction.

            “I’m just kidding…I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have doubted you…” I buried my face against his chest and inhale that sweet manly fragrance exudes from him.

            “Where is that strong, confident, independent and no nonsense lady I’ve fallen in love with two years ago huh?” he my hair.

            “I don’t know babe…maybe it was a hormonal talking…I’ve been on emotional wreck these couple of days…I was missing you, and the shop is busy…and there’s a club I have to be concern…”

            “I’ve been missing you too…ok, how about we go back to your place and I’ll give you my special massage session…how does that sound?”

            “Tempting…but, could we just stay like this for a while? I just wanna hold you…”

            “Sure…anything for you…” he tightens his hug and it seems like all the trouble I was thinking slipping away between my fingers. Only god knows how much I love this man.

 

A quick update...

Happy reading!!!

BBYONG!!!