Dinner Drama

You're The One

 

            “Omma…” I said. My mom looked at me with an equally shock expression on her face. Oh man…this gonna be a long dinner for sure.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo omonim…” Taecyeon bowed.

            “Oh…you’re here too?”

            “Yeah…I brought him along so we would be having dinner together like a family…”I said looking at Doojoon. “What are you doing here?”

            “Um…”

Before Doojoon could say anything, my mom cut him off.

            “I saw him eating alone so I thought it would be nice if he join us…”

            “Okay…” as if I’m gonna believe that.

            “Let’s all have a seat…and we could order some food…”

While having dinner…

            “So, what’s new with you Doojoon ah?” my mom asked.

            “Um…nothing much…the new clothing line gonna hit the market in a month or two…” Doojoon replied.

            “That’s great…”

            “Omonim, I heard that you went to London a week ago…how is it going there?” Taecyeon asked.

            “It’s nice…so Doojoon, didn’t you tell me that you’re a marine when you did your military service?”

            “Yeah…my grandfather was a marine and so does my dad…I guess I just continue the tradition…” He replied with a smile.

            “Your parents must be proud…”

I looked at Taecyeon and saw the hurt look on his face. I need to talk to my mom.

            “Omma, can you come with me to the washroom for a while? I need to fix my make up…” I said.

            “What’s to fix? You’re already looking great…” Doojoon winked. I rolled my eyes and held Taecyeon’s hand. “Baby, I’ll be back okay…”

            “Play nice boys…” my mom said and we left the table.

In the washroom…

            “I can’t believe you just did that!” I said as soon as we’re inside.

            “Did what?” my mom checked herself in the mirror.

            “That! You were extremely nice to Doojoon but when Taecyeon said something you just give him the cold shoulder…” I was trying my hardest to contain my anger.

            “I did not!” she argued.

            “Did too! Need me to remind you that my boyfriend is Taecyeon, not Doojoon…”

            “I wish it was the other way around…”

            “I will pretend that I just not hear that…”

            “Look, I like Taecyeon but from my point of view, Doojoon is more suitable for you…he’s rich, successful and the way I see it, he still loves you…I wonder what makes you broke up with him years ago…”

            “Because he’s a jerk that’s why…”

Author’s POV

While the two woman in the washroom, Taecyeon and Doojoon were left behind at the table.

            “Wine?” Doojoon asked.

            “No thanks…I’m driving tonight…”

            “If you say so…” Doojoon poured himself a glass of wine. “Why are you here anyway? It’s supposed to be me, Hee Jin and her mom private dinner…”

            “Hee Jin noona invited me to spend some quality time with family…” Taecyeon retorted.

            “Family? You still think you’re a part of it? Her mom barely gives her attention to you…”

            “You’re the guest…it’s only right thing to do…” Taecyeon said.

            “Look kid…I got the upper hand here…her mom likes me, and no daughter could go against their mother’s words…I suggest you better know your spot…” Doojoon glared.

Taecyeon POV

            “Look kid…I got the upper hand here…her mom likes me, and no daughter could go against their mother’s words…I suggest you better know your spot…” he said to me glaring at my face. My hands clenched tightly into a fist and I’m having a hard time refraining myself from launching myself at him and beat the sense out of that guy.

            “I already know my spot…by Hee Jin noona’s side…”

            “Let see how long that last…” he sneered with a smug grin on his face.

Hee Jin noona and her mom came back to the table before I could say anything back to that guy.

            “So, any interesting stories among you boys?” Hee Jin noona’s mom looked at the both us.

            “Nothing…Doojoon ssi just offering me some wine but I have to decline since I’m driving tonight…” I said with a smile.

Throughout the night, it was clearly that Hee Jin noona’s mom keep her attention to Doojoon and my mood are not getting any better. She keep praising him and it seems like I was the third wheel in this dinner.

            “Baby, are you ok?” Hee Jin noona rubbed my thigh.

            “I’m fine…just tired I guess…”

I need to get out of here.

End of POV

I glanced at Taecyeon and I saw the hurtful look on his face. My mom keep talking about Doojoon this, Doojoon that and it’s getting on my nerve.

            “Baby, are you ok?” I rubbed his thigh.

            “I’m fine…just tired I guess…” he gave me a halfhearted smile. I knew he’s trying to keep his feeling inside.

            “So, Doojoon…have you been to Hee Jin’s doughnut shop?” my mom said.

            “No…not yet…she haven’t invite me yet…” he said looking at me.

            “Why didn’t you? Aigoo…this girl…” she smacked my arm.

            “Omma…”

Suddenly, Taecyeon got up.

            “Baby…”I looked at him.

            “Um…it’s been a lovely dinner but I think I gotta leave…” he bowed. “Nice to see you omonim…” he walked out.

            “Taecyeon ah…” I followed him.

Outside…

            “Baby…hold on…” I pulled his arm. “What’s wrong?”

            “Everything…your mom didn’t like me and I’m feeling like a wallflower in there…it’s always been Doojoon from the moment we’ve been here…I can’t do it anymore…”

            “But baby…she like you…it’s just…”

            “Look…if you wanna stay that’s okay…I don’t mind…but I’ll be waiting at the car for 10 minutes, if you’re not coming out I’ll get the point…” he pulled his hands away and head down to the exit. I never saw him that sad before.

I walked back in and my mom and Doojoon were laughing over something.

            “Omma!”

            “What?”

            “How could you do that?”

            “Do what?” my mom glared at me.

            “You barely gave any of your attention to Taecyeon…he tried so hard to please you but all you do is ignoring him…”

            “I did not! Did he tell you that?”

            “No…I have eyes…I could see it. You know what, I’m gonna leave…enjoy your dinner.”

            “Hee Jin ah…” Doojoon said.

            “You stay out of this!”

            “Don’t talk to him like that Hee Jin ah…he’s the one who arranged this dinner…we should be thanking him…”

            “I should’ve known better…you’re trying to win my mom now? Please Doojoon…don’t make me hate you even more…”

            “Yoo Hee Jin!”

            “For the last time omma…the only man I want is Taecyeon and no one else…”

I grabbed my bag and stormed outside. I’m sick of this drama.

Taecyeon POV

I was about to drive away when I saw Hee Jin noona came running towards the car.

            “Let’s go babe…” she said as soon she get into the car.

            “You just left your mom?”

            “Yup…there’s nothing for me there since they’re having great time by themselves…”

            “Jagiya…what would your mom said if you just leave like that…and she will hate me even more…”

            “Baby look…my mom is quite difficult but she’ll come around when she finally realise that you’re the only man for me…” she caressed my cheek. “Now, could we go somewhere else to eat? I’m starving…the food in there is urgghh!” she makes a gagging motion. “Nice restaurant but horrible food…”

            “I thought I was the only one who feels that way…”

End of POV

It’s good to see Taecyeon smiling again. I wonder when my mom will stop interfering with my love life. I guess she better get use to the fact that Taecyeon is the one I want…

 

Enjoy!!!

BBYONG!!!