That Damned Night

You're The One

 

It’s been weeks since I had a decent meal with Ah In and he’s been complaining that I didn’t give enough attention to him lately. I decided to pack a lunch box and bring it to his boutique.

            “Well, this is a surprise…I thought you’ve already forgotten about your little brother…” Ah In pouted.

            “How could I forget my one and only brother?” I pinched his cheeks. He’s a grown up man but still such a baby whenever he’s with me.

While eating…

            “Noona, there’s something I need to tell you…” Ah In said looking at me. His eyes quiver and I knew something is up.

            “What is it? Are you in a huge debt?”

            “No…it’s not that…Doojoon hyung came to my boutique the other day and offered me a deal…”

            “A deal? What kind of deal?”

            “He wanted to do collaboration between his company’s fashion line with mine…and since CUBE is such a big name in the industry…Joong Ki said is a great opportunity for our boutique…”

            “You really think so?”

            “Yeah…but I’ll blow off the deal if it makes you uncomfortable…you know, with the history you and Doojoon hyung had…”

            “It’s okay…like you said, the things between us are history…I think you should grab the deal…if it’s doing good things for your business, I don’t have any objection…” I knew it would be awkward seeing my brother working together with my ex but this is strictly business.

            “Are you sure noona?”

            “Yeah…you got my support…just on one condition…”

            “Anything…”

            “Don’t forget me when you’ve become some big shot international fashion designer…”

            “Hey, how could I forget my favourite sister?” he smiled.

            “I am your only sister…”

Back at the shop…

            “I’m back…” I walked in and saw the girls were glued to the flat screen TV on the wall.

            “What was that all about?” I asked Daehyun.

            “It’s Seoul’s most eligible bachelors interview…some big shot company CEO…Yoon something…”

I looked at the screen and it was Doojoon being interviewed.

Reporter: So, Doojoon ssi…I’ve been told that you’ve been in New York for the last four years…how is it feels like back in Korea?

Doojoon: It’s always good to be back home…I missed a lot of things while I was away…

Reporter: Is that including a special someone?

Doojoon: You could say that…(smiled)

Reporter: She must be one special person…

Doojoon: She is…one of the greatest things that ever happened to me…I just hope that she felt the same way…

Reporter: Whoever that person might be, she must be one lucky woman…

            “Why is it that someone like him are always taken?”Sora lets out a long sigh.

            “Yeah…but hey, is not that he would pop out here anytime soon…” Doyeon said and head back to the kitchen.

            “Unnie…when did you get here?” Hyo An looked at me.

            “I’ve been here for a while when all of you were gawking all over that guy on TV…”

            “He’s too damn hot to resist…it’s not our fault…” Sora said.

            “Yeah, yeah…now, let’s get back to work…we have a shop to run…”

A week later…

            “Noona…” Ah In walked into the shop, as I was ready to go home. The rest of the crew are gone and I’m the only one left.

            “Ah In ah…what are you doing here?”

            “I have a favour to ask you…”

            “Favour?”

            “Yeah…be my date…” he smiled.

            “Your date?”

            “Yeah…I’ve been named as one of 10 most promising young designer of the year and they’re having a party…I need to bring a date and you’re the only one I can think of…”

            “Why don’t you just ask Fei to go with you? She’s your girlfriend isn’t she?”

            “Noona…our relationship is still a secret and you know she’s still under the no dating restriction by Jin Young hyung…”

            “Do I have to?”

            “Yup…please…just this once…” he looked at me…here comes the puppy eyes.

            “Fine…but this is the last time…you know I don’t like that kind of parties and stuff…”

            “Thanks noona…I know you’d do it...”

            “When is this party gonna be?”

            “This Sunday, 7p.m…I’ll pick you up at your place…”

Then Taecyeon came in.

            “Jagiya…”

            “Hey babe…” I hugged Taecyeon.

            “Hi hyung…I’ll bring the dress so you do have to agonise what you should be wearing…I gotta go now…I’ll see you on Sunday…” Ah In kissed my cheek and left.

            “What was that about?” Taecyeon looked at me.

            “Ah In asked me to be his date for some party this Sunday…”

            “Really? So I guess you can’t come with me to dinner with my mom then?”

            “Was it this Sunday?”

            “Uh huh…” he nodded.

            “I’m so sorry baby…I totally forgotten about that dinner…I’m going to cancel my plan with Ah In then…”I’m about to take out my phone and dialled Ah In’s number when he stopped me.

            “It’s okay…I can’t do that to Ah In…he looked so happy…”

            “But baby…it’s your mom…”

            “It’s okay…she’s gonna be in town for a week…we can reschedule the dinner later…”

            “Are you sure? I felt so bad now…”

            “Don’t be…um…can we go now? I’m starving…” he rubbed his stomach and pouted.

            “Aigoo…” I patted his .”My little beast is hungry huh? Let’s go…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Sunday I was getting ready for the party when suddenly a wave of nausea hit me.

            “Noona, are you ok?” Ah In looked at me.

            “I’m fine…just a little nausea…maybe because of that squid I ate earlier…”

            “Are you sure you’re ok? We could just cancel the whole thing…you are more important than some award…”

            “It’s ok Ah In ah…just get me a glass of water and I’ll be fine…”

            “Are you sure noona?”

            “Yeah…”

The party was cool, a lot of celebrities was there and some of Ah In best designs were on the display. I’ve never been so proud of my brother…he’s the best designer out there.

            “Noona, I have to go but I will be back ok?” he said. “Are you gonna be ok on your own?”

            “I’m a big girl…I can take care of myself…go do your thing…”I pushed him away.

            “I’ll see you in a bit…” Ah In walked away.

I went to the drinks section and got myself a glass of juice. I took a sip and that wave of nausea hit me again. I put the glass down and ran towards the bathroom. What is wrong with me tonight anyway?

Doojoon POV

I hate this kind of party and I if it wasn’t because that Yoseob insisted that I went just to show my face and mingled with our potential investors I would’ve stayed at home and immersed myself with Pororo instead.

            “Yoseob ah…can I leave now? it’s been two hours…” I said.

            “You can’t leave yet hyung…there’s people you have to meet…”

            “I’m going to the bathroom…”

I was walking out from the bathroom when I saw Hee Jin leaning against the wall. Her face was pale and she didn’t look good.

            “Hee Jin ah…” she turned and I saw the shocked expression on her face.

End of POV

The food I ate hurled back out. What’s wrong with me? I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt horrible. I felt like my insides got jumbled up and getting ready to get out. My head is spinning and I can’t walk straight. I fixed my makeup and tried make my way out.

I was leaning against the wall trying to regain my sense of balanced when I heard him calling my name.

            “Hee Jin ah…” I turned and it was HIM. Doojoon…what is he doing here?

            “Hey, are you okay?” he said holding my arm.

            “I’m fine…” I pulled my arm away.

            “You don’t look like you’re fine to me…did you eat peanut again? You know how allergic you are to them…” he still remembers my allergies. Damn it!

            “I dunno…” I sat down at a small plush sofa near the corner and he came crouching in front of me. “What are you doing here anyway?”

            “I was invited here…that’s for sure. Hee Jin ah…you don’t look too good…come, let me send you home.”

            “No! I’ll call Ah In…” I tried to take out my phone from my purse but my head are spinning so bad I was fumbling just to open my purse.

            “Look, stop being so stubborn and let me get you home…as a friend and someone who you used to know, I’m worried about you…

            “But…Ah In…”

            “I’ll tell him…come…” he took out his phone and make a call. “Yoseob ah, can you come to the bathroom for a while? No questions just get your down here now!”

Doojoon POV

I felt like god was helping me tonight. I never thought I would see Hee Jin here but here she was like a damsel in distress waiting for her prince charming to her rescue. Maybe I could get to her good side if I helped her out…and I just can’t sit and watch the love of my life in pain.

            “Hyung…” Yoseob came. “What’s going on?”

            “Get the car and meet me at the parking lot…”

            “But hyung, the party isn’t over and…” he looked at Hee Jin. “Isn’t this…”

            “Just do as I say! Now!”

            “Nae hyung!” he walked away. He must be shocked the way I raised my voice at him. I’ll deal with that later because now Hee Jin is way more important.

Author’s POV

Doojoon wrapped his arm around Hee Jin waist and head down to the back door exit.

            “Do you want me to carry you over?” Doojoon asked

            “No…I can walk…” Hee Jin declined.

The car was metres away from the door and as they made their way to the car, camera lens caught them in action. A new headline is about to hit.

 

Sorry for the late update~~~~please don't hate me(or press that unsubscribe button)

Enjoy reading and I'll try to update as often as I can...

BBYONG!!!