Old Flame

You're The One

 

I was having lunch at a café with Yeon Rin that afternoon.          

           “What?” Yeon Rin spat out her drinks on the floor. “Doojoon is back?”

            “Yup!”

            “The Doojoon? Yoon Doojoon?” she wiped with a tissue.

            “Yup!”

            “The one who left you with nothing but a short note 4 years ago?”

            “That’s the one…”

            “Are you sure it’s him? It could be another guy…”

            “I’m positive…it’s him…” I took out the ring and showed it to her.

            “It’s really him isn’t it?”I just nodded. “What are you gonna do now?”

            “Nothing…I’m happy with my life now, and he’s just a part of my past history.”

At the shop…

            “I’m back…” I throw my bag at Hyo An and she catch it.

            “Unnie, you gotta stop doing that. I’m not your personal bag catcher…” she whined.

            “I’ll think about that…so, anything big happen while I’m gone?”

            “Um…not much…Jongup almost broke a glass again but Youngjae managed to save it in time…there’s a cute guy asking for my number…and last but not least, bouquet of yellow daisies came for you…” she gave the flowers to me.

            “Is must be from Taecyeon oppa, right?” Sora said peeking over from the counter.

            “Let see…” I opened the card and saw the writings on it.

It’s great seeing you again Hee Jin ah…you looked more beautiful than the last time I saw you…yellow daisies are still your favourite right? Love DJ…

            “Did Taecyeon send it?” Doyeon asked.

            “Um…yeah…” I slipped the card into my back pocket. “Get back to work guys…” I said and went back to the kitchen. First, it was a book and now flowers? *What are you trying to do Doojoon ah…*

Doojoon POV

I watched as she walked into the shop and she still has the power to take my breath away just like she used to years ago. I made a mistake for leaving her but now I’m back to make her mine again.

            “Sir, can we go now? Your father is waiting for you at the company for the opening ceremony…” my driver Mr. Cha said.

            “Sure…” I closed the window and the car speed away. I’ll see you later Hee Jin ah…

Author’s POV

Doojoon arrived at CUBE Inc just in time for the opening ceremony to begin. Reporters crowded the area making it hard for him to walk by. Escorted by several bodyguards in suits, Doojoon make his way to the entrance.

            “Here come the new CEO of Cube Inc…Mr. Yoon Doojoon…” the MC said. Wave of applause heard as Doojoon walked to the middle among a row of people holding a ribbon.

            “Where have you been Doojoon ah?” his father whispered while smiling livingly at the camera.

            “I have things to do dad…I’m here now, so what’s the big deal?”Doojoon said.

            “Remember son, this is a huge step for our company…don’t mess it.”

            “I won’t dad…don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to your precious company…”

            “I heard sarcastic tone in your voice…”

            “Really dad? Sorry, old habit die hard…look at the camera dad…you wouldn’t want them to take an angry picture of you right?” Doojoon looked at the camera and smiled.

The next day…

            “Some people are lucky being born with gold spoon in their mouth…” Sora said looking at the flat screen TV on the wall.

            “What do you mean?” Hyo An asked.

            “Look at that…the new CEO for Cube Inc…”

            “Cube Inc.?” I looked at the TV and there was Doojoon on it, being surrounded by reporters doing ribbon-cutting ceremony. So that’s why he’s back…

            “Good looking, rich, educated and a gentleman…the perfect guy ever…” Sora let out a long sigh. “Unnie, can I find someone like him?”

            “Sure…there’s a lot of fishes in the sea…come on now, get back to work…no mopping around like a sick puppy…” I was walking back to the kitchen when Hyo An called me.

            “Unnie! Another yellow daisies for you…” she handed me the bouquet. I opened the card and it was from Doojoon.

            “Unnie, you’re so lucky…hot boyfriend, famous and he managed to send flowers to you even when he’s busy with his crazy schedule.” Sora hugged Hyo An side.

That afternoon Ah In came to the shop and has lunch together.

            “Doojoon hyung is back in town…” he said without looking at me. I flinched a little at his words.

            “Yeah, I know…”

            “Did you meet him?”

            “Nope…but he keeps sending me flowers…”

            “Did Taecyeon hyung know about this?” he looked at me.

            “No…he doesn’t have to…Doojoon is history…and I prefer to keep it that way…”

            “Are you sure noona? I saw you flinched when I say his name…”

            “It’s just a mere reaction…is that why you wanted to lunch together? Just to talk about Doojoon?”

            “I know the way he used to be in your heart noona…you knew him since you were in college…he’s your first love.”

            “He was…not anymore…”

Flashback…

It was a perfect day to have a walk at Cheonggye Stream…it’s sunny and slightly windy…just perfect. This was the place where Doojoon asked me out when we met during orientation at college. We hit it off pretty quickly and we had several things in common. He was my first love.

            “Hee Jin ah!” I turned around to a familiar voice. I saw him running towards me.

            “You’re late!”

            “I’m sorry babe…there’s something I gotta take care of…so, shall we?” he held my hand and shove it into his jacket front pocket.

We had fun walking along the artificial river at the middle of the city. He would pretend to jump into the river everytime I refused to kiss his cheek.

            “Yaa! We’re in public!”

            “So? You’re my girlfriend and we’re not troubling anyone…” he hugged me from behind.

            “You’re acting weird today…is there something going on that I don’t know about?”

            “No…I’m just happy to spend time with you…that’s all…”

In front of my apartment…

            “So, you wanna go out again tomorrow?” he said and held both of my hands and swung it from side to side like kids.

            “Sure…where?”

            “Um…how about that little café at Ehwa U? We haven’t been there since we celebrate our 3rd anniversary few months ago…”

            “Sounds good to me…I better go inside…Ah In probably waiting for me…I’ll see you tomorrow…” I gave him a peck at the lips and walked away.

I took a few steps and then I heard he called my name.

            “Hee Jin ah, wait!” He ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

            “Doojoon ah…”

            “Just let me hug you for a while…” his head rested on my shoulder. “I just love your perfume…”

            “Yaa…you gave that perfume to me remember?” I wrapped my arms around his waist and tightened the embrace. Luckily, there was no one around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m waiting for Doojoon at the café as we promised. I looked at the clock and he was late. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. I glanced at the clock again and he’s already 2 hours late. I tried to call his phone but everytime I did, that annoying machine would answer it. Where are you Doojoon ah?

A waiter came to my table.

            “Excuse me miss, but someone wanted me to give this to you…” he put a small folded paper on the table.

            “Thanks…” I opened the letter and it read…

My love Hee Jin…

By the time you read this letter, I’ll be long gone far from the country. I know this is sudden but I had to do it. I hate leaving you like this but this is the only way I knew how…

The time we spent together is the happiest moments in my life…your love is the greatest thing that ever happened to me…don’t think that I don’t love you Hee Jin ah…I love you more than anything in this world…

Love,

Your DJ for life…

Doojoon

Tears streaming down my eyes and next thing I know I woke up on a hospital bed with swollen eyes. Doojoon left me…

End of Flashback

            “Earth to Hee Jin! Hello!” Ah In snapped his fingers in front of my face.

            “What?”

            “You’re thinking about the day he left you right?”

            “No…” sometimes I wonder if Ah In was born with psychic abilities…it’s either that or I’m such easy to read.

 

Another update...

Enjoy reading guys...

BBYONG!!!