The Truth and Nothing But The Truth

You're The One

 

I walked into the restaurant and it was empty. Don’t tell me that he booked the whole restaurant again. I put my duffel bag at the empty counter and walked.

            “Hello? Anyone here?” I keep walking and my feet stopped upon the sight in front of me.

            “Hee Jin ah…” he said.

            “Yoon Doojoon…what are you doing here?”

            “Have a seat…” he pulled out a chair.

            “I don’t think so…I’ve got somewhere else that I need to go right now…”

            “Please, it won’t take long…I promise after this I won’t bother you again…”

I sat down and he sat in front of me.

            “Thank you…” he clapped his hands and a waiter came. I was surprised to see what’s on the plate.

            “This…” I couldn’t say another word when he cut me off.

            “Your favourite…fish and chips, extra chips and tartar sauce…just the way we had when we celebrate our first anniversary together.”

            “I’m flattered that you still remember but I don’t see where this thing might go…”I just hope Taecyeon photos shoot ended late so he wouldn’t have to wait long for me.

            “Hee Jin ah, I just wanna say that I still love you…I haven’t forgotten about us…”

            “Look, you left me! You freakin’ left me! Do you even think what happened to me after you just disappeared? I moved on Doojoon ah…and I think you should too…” I got up and before I could take another step, Doojoon grabbed my arm.

            “I did that for a reason!”

            “Really? Is this one of your excuses? If it is, I would love to hear the incredible story behind it…” I rolled my eyes. I just wish he would stop messing with my life.

Doojoon POV

            “What I did back then…I did it for a reason. I’ve been keeping it a secret since I thought you would be waiting for me until the day I came back…”

            “We both know that didn’t happen…” she rolled her eyes in sarcasm. One of her traits that I fall for the first time we met.

            “Did you remember when your club went under investigation for alleged drug trafficking few years ago?”

            “Yeah…what about it?’

            “Actually…it was my dad behind it…”

            “What are you saying?”

            “My dad wanted me to take over the family business but I have other plan in mind…I got into the national team…it was your ultimate dream to see me wear the country’s jersey representing the nation…”

            “Yea…it was…”

            “But my dad against it…and to make matter worst, he didn’t approve our relationship…so, when I decided to go against his will, he did what he did…he called the police and set the thing up…”

            “That can’t be true…”

            “Believe me…he could do it. He gave me a choice, either see you suffer or follow his order and dropout of the team and went to New York…so, I had to do what I have to do…to protect you…”

            “You’re making this up…”

            “Look into my eyes and tell me that I’m lying…”

End of POV

            “Look into my eyes and tell me that I’m lying…” he said. I stared at him and I knew this is the truth.

            “Why didn’t you just tell me the truth back then?”

            “How could I do that? The club meant so much to you…half of your trust fund went into building that club…I can’t stand aside just to see your dream opening that place go to ashes just because of my stubbornness.” he held my hand.

            “Doojoon ah…”

            “I still love you Hee Jin ah…you’re the best thing that ever happened to me…I’m sorry for being a coward but now I’m not gonna let you go again…I can’t let you fall into other man’s hand.”

Taecyeon POV

            “Doojoon ah…”

            “I still love you Hee Jin ah…you’re the best thing that ever happened to me…I’m sorry for being a coward but now I’m not gonna let you go again…I can’t let you fall into other man’s hand.”

I heard their conversation and stunned.

           “We could be together Hee Jin ah…I can give anything and more than that idol kid…seriously, do you think you’re gonna be happy staying in the limelight in his shadow? Tell me, are you really happy right now? I mean, you’ll always be number two after his career.”

            “Of course I can’t help being sad…”

Hee Jin noona’s words feels like a sharp blade sliced through my heart. She’s unhappy with me. The girl I loved the most just confessed that she’s not happy being with me. I hung up the phone as I don’t want hear anything that might hurt me even more and went back to the villa.

End of POV

            “Of course I can’t help being sad…but he’s here with me whenever I wanted him to. Did know that he once flew back home after his concert in Paris just because I was admitted to the hospital for twisting my ankle?”

Doojoon just stood there staring at me.

            “I’ve never been happier being with him any other man I knew…and that includes you. For the last time Yoon Doojoon, I will never go back to you…I have Taecyeon with me and its either him or no one else. Just move on for god sake! I’m leaving…”

I grabbed my bag on the way and went out. I hailed a cab and went to Ah In’s place. I arrived and Taecyeon’s car is nowhere to be seen. I guess his photo shoot ended late.

            “Noona…” Ah In said hugging me. I saw Fei at the coffee table.

            “Oh…you’re on a date?” I gave Fei a hug too.

            “Anieyo…Fei brought dinner for me…”

            “Unnie, you want some?” Fei said.

            “It’s okay…I’m waiting for Taecyeon…”

Taecyeon POV

            “Hyung…what are you doing here?” Junho said as I walked into the house.

            “Dude, I thought you’re going on a trip with Hee Jin noona…” Khun added.

            “The trip got cancelled…” I said and went upstairs into my room.

I locked the door and slumped on my bed staring at the ceiling. This feels surreal to me. she always say that she’s happy with me but in front of her ex she just confessed that she’s not…I wonder what else she said to that guy.

End of POV

It’s been two hours and Taecyeon is not here yet. I tried calling him but it went to the voice mail. I end up calling his manager instead.

            “Hello…Jun Seob oppa, is Taecyeon with you? He told me that he got a shoot today…really? Okay oppa…nae…” I hung up. Jun Seob oppa said the shoot end hours ago and he left as soon they wrap up. Did something happen to him?

            “Noona, I thought you’re going on a trip with Taecyeon hyung…” ah In asked.

            “We are but he’s not here yet…Jun Seob oppa said he left right after his photo shoot is over and it’s in Mapo…half an hour from here…”

            “Have you tried calling him?”

            “Yeah…but it went into the voice mail…”

            “Have you tried calling s?”

            “Oh yeah…I almost forgot…” I dialled Junho’s number and after a couple of rings, he finally picked up.

            “Nae noona…” he answered.

            “Junho ya…is Taecyeon there with you?”

            “Taecyeon hyung? He’s in his room…he said the trip is cancelled…does anything bad happened?”

            “He said the trip is cancelled? But why?” that’s weird…

            “He came back and went straight to his room…and he hasn’t come out since then…”

            “Really? Gomawo Junho ya…” I ended the call.

            “So?” Ah In looked at me.

            “He’s at home…locking himself in the room…”

What happened to him? I hope it’s nothing bad though.

 

Another update!

Enjoy!!!

BBYONG!!!