Chapter 9

Our 69th date

 

Your POV

He woke me up in the morning and looked directly at me.

"What?" I asked, scratching my head.

"Why are you angry?" he asked with his death glare.

"I'm not." I said and pushed him aside to go brush my teeth.

"Why are you angry? Why are you angry?" he asked repeatedly while I was washing up.

"I'm not." I had to answer every time.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did." he said, that almost sounded like a plea.

"It's ok." I said and went to get some food before leaving for school.

"At least let me drive you to school." he said and quickly grabbed his keys.

I didn't reply and walked downstairs. While he was in the car park getting the car, I took the bus instead and texted him that I'm going first.

The bus was quiet and people were either listening to music or dozing off. I guess no one's really a morning person nowadays. The clouds were grey and the sky was gloomy. Thank god I brought my umbrella. I got off the bus and opened my umbrella, making my way to class.

"You're doing a good job." Sohee said as her heels clicked when she walked up to me in class.

"Um, thanks?" I said and adjusted my reading glasses and went back to reading.

"Even though I'm not there, you and him aren't doing anything bad. That's good." she said and walked off, leaving her trail of expensive perfume.

I sighed and put my book away when the lecturer arrived. Great, another great big lecture on how to persuade people. Sohee doesn't even need this class.

I walked out of the class and dragged my lifeless body to the library, hoping to study. With the rest of the day off, I don't know what to do really. I read a few books for my research but was interrupted by Myungsoo.

"You didn't get in the car." he said with a straight face.

"I had to meet someone." I lied to him, never looking directly at him.

"I know, I did something wrong, but if you're not going to tell me, I'll never be able to fix it." he said and scooted closer to me.

"There's nothing you did wrong." I replied nonchalantly.

What could Mr Perfect do wrong right? All he did wrong was bring a freaking girl to our date.

"Come on, tell me!" he whined as I packed my things and decided to get out of the sticky situation.

"What the hell do you want me to tell you?" I asked, louder than usual when I was sure we were out of the library.

"Maybe what I did wrong?" he said sarcastically.

"Oh, I wonder what you did wrong Myungsoo, oh I wonder." I said and walked off.

"Can you just tell me? Jesus! What the hell do you want me to do if I don't know what's wrong? I bet it's just something stupid again. It's probably you having some fit with Woohyun and now you're blaming me for it isn't it? Something stupid right? I swear to God, why are women always so freaking sensitive? It's not attractive for your information!" he screamed at me when we were in the empty car park.

"You think I'm sensitive? You think I'm sensitive because you came late and brought another girl along to our date without asking first and just leaving like that? Oh, I'm sorry I'm so freaking sensitive and stupid!" I yelled and screamed with the rain bashing down with every word I said.

My eyes were red from crying and make up smeared.

"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW EVERYTHING?"He shouted at me, as if I'm wrong.

"Well how could I when you weren't there? Do you think I didn't want to talk to you about it? Did you ever think for a moment what I feel like?" I sobbed while hitting his chest.

---

Myungsoo's POV

I pulled her into a tight embrace and allow my body heat to spread to hers. I released her gently and lead her into the car. I blew gently on her fingers to get them circulating again.

I hurted her so much, and all I could do was to be a jerk to her. All I could do was just scream at her.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so careless." I muttered finally.

"Myungsoo, let's stop this." she said suddenly.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Us, this. I'm tired. I don't want to carry on doing this anymore. You always give me weird signals. One moment, it seems as if you like me, and the next, you're on about some other girl. I don't want to keep thinking differently about you." she said.

"What? I don't know what you mean." I asked confused.

"It means, I like you." she said.

I froze it my spot. I never thought she would like me. I always saw her as a close friend, a younger sister. How do I tell her that? I can't tell her I have feelings for someone else!

---

Your POV

I saw his stoned face and I knew that the feelings aren't mutual for him.

"AH JUST KIDDING! I got you real good." I laughed, pretendly to wipe away a tear.

"Oh my god! MiYeon! I'm going to kill you!" he said and hit my arm before starting the car.

Friends, that's all we're going to be from now on. I smiled bitterly and looked out the window. I should've known, someone like you wouldn't like someone like me. Not for a million years, maybe not even then.

We got back and went to shower and cleaned ourselves up. He was back to his usual flirty self again and I had no choice but to be just as usual, so he doesn't have suspicious thoughts that I like him.

After that, we had other mini dates here and there, but they were rare. He was always busy, and always avoided me for some reason. Sometimes, the only times I would see him would be late at night when he finally returns with Sohee's smell on him. I tried to hide my hurt feelings, but it isn't easy.

I wanted to tell him so much how I feel, but what if he shuns me away again?

---

A/N: SORRY Such a late update and it's short and bad :[ but yeah, had tests and everything, and 2 EXAMS COMING SOON =='' so must study. and so much D; someone help me OTL

anyways, please sub and comment <3 more updates soon <3 :D