Chapter 24

Our 69th date

 

Myungsoo's POV

I smiled at MiYeon when she finished up the dishes, but Woohyun quickly grabs her away before we could talk. I looked away sadly as she laughed and shared jokes with him. I focused back on the telly and waited for them to notice me.

"Flower boy, let's go." Woohyun said and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Where?" I asked

"Somewhere." he said and walked off with MiYeon.

I trailed behind them after I turned the T.V off. They seem like a good couple, honestly. I don't even know what I'm thinking. Why am I even bothering to break them up if I myself, already have someone.

I can't leave Sohee because of MiYeon. It's an impossible act, but leaving MiYeon is harder. I know being with her is right, but I'm not sure if she sees being with me is right.

"Come on, stop sulking." Woohyun said and pushed me forward.

"What the hell are we doing here?" I asked.

"We're here to ride the buffalos. You're not chicken are you?" Woohyun asked and mocked chicken clucks.

"No! I was just surprised." I said and rolled my eyes, trying to muster up my courage to look at the beastly animal.

"Come on, hop on." MiYeon said while she rode over on her own buffalo.

"What? When did you get on there?" I asked.

"You're just slow. Come on, get up." she said and pointed to the buffalo's back.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked.

"Come on, just hop on." Woohyun said and carried me onto the beast.

"What the hell! I could've fell and died! Do you have money to pay for my life huh?" I screamed at him.

"Keep waving your body around like that and the buffalo will kick you off it's back." Woohyun said and hopped on one of the other buffalos.

"Why are we on here?" I asked

"Because we need to plow the field for my parents." she said and smiled brightly at me.

I was so dazed that I didn't notice the buffalo already started taking off. I screamed for my life, but soon i got the hang of it and it didn't seem so bad. I wandered around the field that seemed to never end.

I never knew being alone could be so comforting. It gave me some time to think about things more clearly. 

Now that I thought about it, yesterday was date number 61. I don't even know if she remembers about that stupid 69 dates thing. I hope not, because, I don't think that would I had enough time to make up my mind to marry her or not.

I mean, I'm happy to marry her, but, there's just something wrong about it all. MiYeon has given me a lot of experiences I never had before, but she's naive. She's too innocent, she isn't the adrenaline rush Sohee is. She isn't that rollercoaster, she's more of the merry go around.

What the hell Myungsoo, just man up and tell her how you feel. But how? Usually with other girls, a few sweet words and it's a job well done, but I want MiYeon to be different, to be special.

----

Your POV

"Come on, let's go." I said to Woohyun, turning my buffalo back to find Myungsoo.

Woohyun followed and we were on a hunt for Myungsoo. He sure loves his buffalo to go that far huh.

"Myungsoo, it's time to go." I yelled when I spotted him a few meters away.

"Already?" he pouted.

"Yes, already. Now hurry. There's other things we need to do." I said.

We all got off our buffalos and went to wash up before changing and eating lunch.

"Aren't you giving some to mum and dad?" Woohyun asked.

"Nah, they already packed lunch this morning." I said to him.

"You seriously make the best lunch!" Myungsoo complimented and kept eating.

"Hurry up flower boy." Woohyun said when he went to wash his dishes.

"Stop calling me that! Just because I'm better looking than you, doesn't mean you should judge." Myungsoo said and went to wash his dishes as well.

I swear to God that those two do not stop quarelling. They're like cats and dogs, literally.

"You ready now?" I asked them while they walked out, still fighting.

"Yes!" they said at the same time.

"Hey! Stop copying me!" Myungsoo said.

"You copied me!!" Woohyun argued.

"Oh just shut up." I said and walked them outside.

"Can we ride bikes?!" Myungsoo asked.

"You two can, I'm not going to." I said.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because I don't know how to ride one." i said and walked ahead.

----

Woohyun's POV

"Idiot." I said and flicked Myungsoo on his head.

"Wae?!!?" He asked, running after me and MiYeon.

MiYeon does know how to ride bikes, it's just that she can't ride a bike without thinking about Hoya. She always washes herself with guilt everytime she sees anything related to Hoya.

It's not her fault he died, some people are just destined to die young.

We stopped at one of the bubble cup stores in town and ordered a drink. This used to be the place that she and Cheolyong always hung out at. She came here when she wanted to release stress, but funny how he is her stress.

"This place is really cute." Myungsoo said, looking around.

"It is, isn't it?" she said and sipped on her favourite, chocolate flavoured milk tea.

We had short and awkward conversations here and there, and the kid Myungsoo was just exploring the small area, living in his own world, maybe it's because of the hot weather?

---

Your POV

Memories of Cheolyong violating me didn't flood back to me, but happy memories of us did. Memories of when we had our first anniversary, our first kiss, our first time holding hands, all those things happened here. This place was the only place that was filled with happy memories. Even Hoya came here with me back then.

It was nice when everything was fine, if only I didn't mess up. If only I didn't go into the water and drown, then Hoya wouldn't have died. if only I gave Cheolyong what he wanted, then I wouldn't be left with scars today.

---

Woohyun's POV

The bell on the door rung, and the next customer walked in. No one took much care of that person, since it was a usual routine for the bell to ring in the store. But MiYeon seemed to be very focused.

"Dayum, she's a hottie isn't she?" Myungsoo said, his head also turned to look in the same direction as MiYeon.

Eunji? Is that really Eunji? She doesn't seem to have aged a day!

"Woohyun?" She asked as she walked closer to us.

"Hey! Long time no see!" I said and gave her a hug.

"You remember me don't you?" she asked MiYeon.

MiYeon gulped and nodded.

"And you must be?" Eunji asked flirtatiously to Myungsoo.

"Kim Myungsoo" he introduced proudly.

"You're so cute." she giggled.

MiYeon looked awkwardly away as Eunji sat with us and flirted with Myungsoo.

----

Your POV

Myungsoo and Eunji's talk wasn't annoying me, I just felt annoyed with myself. If only I lost a few pounds here and there, if only I have longer hair, if only i have a better facial structure, if only I have a new me, then I would've been able to keep all the men I loved in my life. I looked at the girls in the store with their boyfriends.

They're all so pretty. I smiled as I glanced past them. Skinny, flawless, big eyes. The typical look that I would just love to have. It must be nice to know you're pretty and to not have to try so hard to look good when you wake up in the morning.

I went back to my drink, and realised that the two have already exchanged numbers.

"Well I'll see you later cutie." Eunji said and Myungsoo winked back at her.

She left and the bell rung through out the store.

"Dayum, she is one hottie." Myungsoo said, proud that he already got her number.

I went to pay and walked out, leaving the two behind.

I'm pissed off and angry. I'm not angry at Myungsoo or any other guy, I'm angry at myself. Why do I have to look like this? Why can't i look good, no matter how much I try? Why can't i have a good personality as well? At least then it will make up for my bad appearance.

---

Myungsoo's POV

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"You idiot." Woohyun said, prepared to leave.

"What did I do this time?" I asked. 

I seem to always do something wrong, it would be nice if she told me what I did.

"Well I don't know, because I'm not so sure about the relationship between her and Eunji." Woohyun said.

"Then how the hell should I know what I did wrong now?" I asked.

"It's best if you call him. He should know." Woohyun said and wrote down quickly a number and handed it over to me before rushing outside to find MiYeon.

"Dongwoo?" I muttered aloud.

Isn't this that close friend of MiYeon's? Why do I have to call him?

I dialled in the number anyway and waited for him to pick up.

"Yo, yo, wassup man?" he answered.

"Why is MiYeon angry?" I asked.

"Woah, who's this?" he asked.

Oh right, I didn't introduce myself just yet.

"It's me, Myungsoo, the guy that was with MiYeon last time?" 

"Oh, you. What do you want?" he asked in a more serious tone.

"Why is MiYeon angry at me?" I asked.

"You know, I wasn't at the scene, so I wouldn't know. It would be nice if you gave me some information?" Dongwoo suggested.

"Well, I was just flirting casually with some Eunji chick that MiYeon seemed to know, and when she left, MiYeon left as well." I explained.

"And did you compliment Eunji in anyway to MiYeon?" he asked.

"Yeah, I called her hot." I said.

"Yeah, no wonder she's ticked off at you." he said.

"What do you mean?" 

"First of all, even if they didn't have that kind of relationship, any woman would be pissed at the guy she loves for flirting with another woman. And secondly, you called her hot infornt of MiYeon, as if MiYeon doesn't even have feelings. And thirdly, knowing what a play boy you are, you probably got Eunji's number as well. What kind of woman wouldn't be pissed?" he asked.

Holy crap. I didn't even realise how stupid I was.

"What do you mean that kind of relationship?" I asked.

"She never told you? About how Eunji and Hoya dated?" Dongwoo asked.

"What?"

"Obviously she hasn't. Well, Eunji dated Hoya and MiYeon and her were pretty close, but after Eunji found out about Hoya's death, she made MiYeon feel guilty about it, and that it was her fault for making Eunji lose Hoya. Eunji even convinced her parents to force her to study in the city, just in case she causes any other deaths. And, not to mention she dated Cheolyong, one of Hoya's best mates, and her ex. And you know what he said to her when she asked why he went to Eunji?" Dongwoo asked.

"What?"

"Coz she's a hottie." he answered.

I gasped, understanding what I've done.

". I really did mess up didn't I?" I asked.

"You sure did buddy. She may seem all tough and made of steel on the outside, but she's nothing more than a feather on the inside." Dongwoo said.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry to me! Go and find her to apologize!" he said.

"You're right. Why am I wasting time here?" I said and hung up on him.

I paid for my drink and ran out to find MiYeon.

I ran back home but she wasn't anywhere insight. Where can I find her?

----

Your POV

I climbed up the tree house and sat there, looking at the nest that was on one of the branches.

"Wassup." Woohyun said and popped his head into the tree house out of nowhere.

"Nothing." i said.

"Right." he said and went to sit next to me.

"Forgive that kid." he said.

"Huh?"

"Forgive Myungsoo. He doesn't know anything. He's obviously been brought up as a brat, so he really doesn't know of anyone else but him. Don't stress too much over him." he said.

"I'm not, don't worry." I reassured him, not sure if I was a good liar though.

"You really like him huh?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You weren't even that made when I flirted with Eunji, but you just left without another word when that kid was playing around." he said.

"I guess I do really like him." i said and leant on his shoulder.

"What if he leaves as well?" I asked Woohyun.

"Then I'm here. Even though I don't look like him." Woohyun said.

"Thank you." I smiled and gave him a tight hug.

"Promise you won't be sad because of that kid?" he asked.

"Promise." I said.

"Good, because, if you get mad at him again. I have to punish you." he said.

"And what can you do?" I asked.

"Oh ho ho ho, you shouldn't have said that." he said and lunged forward, tickling my sides until I had to surrender.

He gave me a peck and released me. I turned bright red and turned the other way, trying to calm down my cheeks.

"Are you blushing?" he teased.

"No!" I said and turned around to him.

"You so are! I wonder how red you will be if I KISSED YOU!" he said and made kissing sounds.

"EW! Stop being so gross!" I said and quickly climbed down the ladder, trying to escape.

"Woah, sorry." I said when i bumped into Myungsoo while trying to run away from Woohyun.

"It's okay." he smiled at me.

I blushed and stood there not knowing how to react to his drop dead gorgeous smile.

I looked around trying to escape the situation.

"You look beautiful." he said and walked off.

Well that was strange. I smiled to myself and looked like a retard.

"And what are you smiling so much about missy?" Woohyun asked when he caught up to me.

"Nothing!" I said and ran back into the house.

----

a/n: sob

it's like 2 am almost here

get it?

2

a

m?

JYP. ok. hehe. anyways, i have to study for a test

and I have a presentation I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE YET

OTL AFKJASF

and sorry for those who got confused, chapter 23 was their 61st date!! yay~ 8 more to go :D

and yes, here I am, asking you to please comment :D hehe

and i hope you understand if i can't update in the next two or three days since there's a LOT of work i need to complete. stupid me for not completing it ><

anyways, I hope you enjoy the chap :D