Chapter 10

Our 69th date

 

Your POV

I was once again, approached by Sohee at the cafeteria.

“What now?” I asked.

“I came here as a peace offering. It was stupid of me to be that way, and I’m sorry.” she said and held her hand out,

What? The Sohee is apologizing to me? She’s being nice? I may as well take adavantage of it while I still can.

“Alright.” I said and shook her hands.

“Friends?”she asked.

“Uh, what?”

“Friends! I’m tired of fighting with you over a guy!” she said and smiled.

“Sure.” I smiled and she walked away.

I rather have a friend than an enemy. I guess it’s understandable why she was so mad, I mean, I did take away her man in a way. At least we aren’t hating each other anymore.

I walked out of uni at noon to meet Dongwoo when class was finally over.

“Hey man! Wassup!” he said and put his arm around me.

“Don’t do that! You’re so embarassing.” I shook my head and walked off.

“Hey hey! Wait!” he said and ran after me.

“So, how was class today? Did you get to see lover boy?” he winked and nudged me.

“I don’t think I ever want to see him again.” I said and placed my arm around his waist while walking to his car.

“Really? But don’t you guys live in the same house?” he laughed as he opened the car door for me.

“It’s not like I want to though.” I pouted.

“Tch, this kid. Alright, I’ll treat you to cheesecake today alright?” he smiled and drove off.

“What’s the bag for?” I asked and fiddled with the shirts inside a brown bag in the front seat.

“Oh, GaYun sold some of her clothes online and I have to meetup with the customers to give it to them.” he explained, eyes never leaving the road and his hands tightly clutching the wheels.

“Ah I see, why don’t you just lend her money?” I asked him.

“Tch! She can work for herself!” he said.

“But you’re the big brother here!” I reasoned.

“So? She’s a devil sister though!” he said and parked the car.

“Yeah yeah, whatever.” I laughed when we walked inside to find the cafe.

Dongwoo and GaYun was always bickering. They weren’t like other half siblings out there.They actually liked eachother, but it’s rare for anyone to see that unless you really know them.

“Come on, hurry up!” he said as he tapped his watch.

“For what?” I asked, mouth full of cheescake.

“I need to meet up with that girl to give her the clothing! And you’re taking so long!” he whined.

“Just give me two minutes!” I said and tried to finish the rest of the slice of cake.

“Finally, you eat like a turtle!” He said and linked arms with me.

“Whatever! Anyways, where are we meeting this girl?” I asked when we paid for the food.

“Mhm, we still have some time, but first, shopping!” he said in a high pitched tone.

“I think this is why you’re still single.” I joked and he shrugged.

“Maybe I’m still waiting for you.” he winked and went to look at some shoes.

Dongwoo used to have a crush on me, and it was the most awkward time ever. Since we were friends as kiddies, it was hard to accept him when we were older. Maybe Myungsoo felt that way? No he wouldn’t, it’s because he already likes someone, duh.

“Dongwoo, it’s almost two now, when is she coming?” I asked as he was begging me to try on a dress.

“What? TWO? ALREADY? Crap, she’s already here!” he panicked and everyone looked at him.

“Then do you want to start going?” I said as I made my way outside.

“Wait a miinute.” he said and went to buy the dress.

“Who’s the dress for?” I asked.

“You.” he said and shoved the bag inside my hand.

“YAH!” I screamed and ran after him.

“Why would you buy me something so expensive and I can’t wear it?!” I asked when I caught up with him.

“You can wear it, you just won’t!” he said and slowed down.

“Where can I even wear it to? Look how revealing it is! It’s even strapless!” I said and looked inside the bag.

“Wear it to the 69th date of course! Why do you think I would buy such a dress? He’s a guy afterall, imagine what he’ll be like after he sees you in this dress!” he winked at me and his lips.

“Oh you’re gross! And I don’t think we’re going to have any more dates soon.” I said to him.

“Why not? What number date are you up to now?” he asked me.

“I’ll tell you later, just hurry up and go to the girl!” I said and pushed him to walk faster.

“Sorry we’re late!” he apologized while trying to catch his breath when we reached the couple.

“Here’s the dress and shirts.” he said and handed oer the bag.

“MiYeon?” Myungsoo’s voice echoed through my ears.

I looked up to see him standing, hand in hand with Sohee. My eyes widened and I stood in my spot. I wanted to run, and to be honest, I could’ve but I didn’t. I’m here with Dongwoo, and there’s nothing to be running away from. Sohee and him are just friends. Just friends. Friends who like to hold hands and look like a couple.

“Uh hi!” I waved awkwardly while trying to hide behind Dongwoo.

“What are you guys doing here?” Sohee asked and handed over the money to Dongwoo.

“Uh, er, we were just about to go.” I said and pulled Dongwoo's arm with me.

“Bye!” he said to them while running behind me.

“Woah, that was close.” I said and slipped inside his car.

“Why are you running away from him? Don’t you like him?” he asked.

“Well yeah, but he doesn’t.” I sighed and sank back into the seat.

“What makes you think that?” 

“He thinks I was joking when I told him.” I explained.

“What number date are you up to now?” he asked and started to drive.

“50 something, 50, 50, 50, 56th now I think?” I asked as I tried to count up the dates in my head.

“13 more dates!” he exclaimed as we stopped at a red light.

“Do you think shopping, coffee breaks and things like that would be a date?” I asked.

He hesitated to answer for a moment and studied my face.

“Mhm, yeah.” he said finally and focused on the road again.

“Hey, who’s that girl that’s always with him?” he asked suddenly.

“That’s his ex, Sohee. But I think they’re on good terms now.” I smiled.

“And you’re happy about that?” he asked as he slowed down at the drive way.

“It wasn’t like he was happy with me anyways.” I said and got out of the car.

“Ah, silly silly MiYeon, being too nice.” he said and unlocked the door to his house.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been here, where’s everyone?” I asked when i walked inside to see that everything is still the same.

“They all moved to America except for GaYun, she lives in an apartment with her boyfriend.” he said and took his shoes off.

“Ah, I see.” I mumbled and sat on the couch.

“Wine?” he asked and offered me a glass.

I took it and drank it in one gulp.

“Woah, woah.Slow down there, you’re going to get drunk.” he said with widened eyes.

“No I won’t, you know I’m a good drinker.” I said and gave him the glass for more wine.

—-

Dongwoo's POV

“Yeah, good drinker my .” I said as she got drunk after her third glass.

“Dongwoo, why doesn’t he love me?” she asked, her face red and hair messy.

“There’s heaps of guys out there.” I said and sipped the liquid.

“But there’s only one Myungsoo.” she said.

“Why does he always look to that Sohee girl? Why doesn’t he think of me? The one who helped him stand up when he was on bad terms with that ? It’s because she’s hotter right? -hiccup-. It’s because she’s mature, y and tall and rich right?” she asked me.

“No, it’s because he’s an idiot, don’t get all worked up about him.” I comforted her and took her glass out of her hand.

“Dongwoo,don’t you think I’m ugly? You’re a guy, you should know this. Look at me. I’m fat, ugly, and everything a guy doesn’t want.” she said and started to hit herself.

“Why are you so ugly?” she cried while self harming.

“Hey, hey. I don’t think you’re ugly. You’re the only pretty one here!” I said, trying to lighten the mood.

“No I’m not! YOU MEN ARE ALL LIARS. BLOODY LIARS. One moment, he shows me that he cares, and the next moment, he’s gone with some other girl. He said that I could be someone he loves, his wife even. Why? Why did he lie?” she asked and sobbed onto my chest.

“I don’t know MiYeon, but it’s okay.” I said and patted her back.

“Why didn’t I fall in love with you? It must have hurted a lot when I didn’t accept you right? You must hate me right?” she asked, looking at me with her puppy eyes and ruined make up.

“Of course not. You can’t hate the one you love.” I smiled and brushed her hair out of her face.

“Wouldn’t everything have been much better if I fell for you instead? Dongwoo, would you wait for me?” she asked.

I nodded and swallowed hard as she inched closer, her lips pucking up.

I closed my eyes shut tightly.

“Bleurghjea.” I heard and opened my eyes to see she vomited all over me.

“Oh, gross!” I said and took her to the bathroom.

I cleaned myself up and tidied her face before looking inside her purse to see if she has her house address on her.

I took out her keys and quickly drove her to the apartment. I struggled to keep her still while taking her up the lift without people giving us weird looks.

I knocked on the door loudly but no one answered. I knocked another time and finally he answered the door, with Sohee behind him.

“What happened?” He asked when he saw MiYeon as a mess.

“I suggest you stop giving her wrong hints if you don’t like her. I’m giving her to you. Take care of her. Don’t make me regret it.” I said and handed her over to him.

I walked to the lift to hear clicking heels behind me. I got inside the lift with Sohee close behind.

 

"You seem close to MiYeon huh?" she asked while looking at her nails.

"Mhm." I responded.

"That's good then, you should tell her to back off from Myungsoo." she said.

"Why are you so scared?" I asked her.

"Scared of what?" she asked in surprise.

"Scared of your man leaving you. Obviously he must love you very little to move on from you to someone else so easily. It doesn't matter if she's uglier, fatter, or a 'hoe', and by the way, she isn't, it should be the other way around, he would fall in love with her either way. No one wants a loose girl, darling." I smirked before going to my car.

"Yah! You bastard! Stop your tracks!" She screeched while trying to catch up with me with her heels.

"We'll meet again!" I saluted her along with a wink before getting inside the car and driving off, leaving her behind, stomping her feet in anger.

Tch, typical s.

---

Myungsoo's POV

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked her as I tried to lay her on the bed.

"Since when did you care?" she asked with half opened eyes.

"Since when didn't I care?" I asked, trying to keep her still.

"You're always occupied by her, why would you have thoughts for me?" she laughed maniacally before falling back on the bed.

"What are you on about?" I asked her, but she already fell asleep.

What's wrong with her?

---

a/n: HEY GUYS! PLEASE COMMENT <3 I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN I ALREADY DO! :)

OKIE DOKIE!

I changed all of the hoya's into dongwoo's YAY! sorry about it ;~; sob

if i missed out on any, tell me :)