Chapter 19

Our 69th date

a/n: tumblr is down, and so is my life :( jokes, then i wouldn't be here to update for you!!! hehe no more tumblr distractions! OKIE LET'S DO THIS :D

----

Your POV

I secluded myself from everyone in the lecture room and sat in the far back, where the air con couldn't reach, and the place no one would see this so called hickey. As if I could get this kind of thing, I guess there's a first for everything. Myungsoo is my first for everything. Woohyun and I didn't really do anything. But it seems as though I'd rather Myungsoo do these things than Woohyun.

I smiled when I recieved Myungsoo's text to come and eat lunch together, but then Woohyun sent me the exact same text as well. Who the hell do I choose? I wanted to eat lunch with Myungsoo, but Woohyun. I don't know what I feel for Woohyun currently actually. Is it love or pity?

"MiYeon, you seem to have a lot on your mind, would you like to share it with us?" the strict lecturer said.

"To be loved is one of the greatest feelings in the world, yet, you're still not satisfied. Why?" I said aloud and everyone started laughing.

"Yah, MiYeon-ssi, did Woohyun do something with you last night?" the students laughed.

"Aish, seriously, you people." I said threateningly.

"Alright, young miss, I'm teaching you about the history of law, not love. Do not think of such indecent things." she said and fixed her glasses, ready to go on but the class already ended.

"Oh MiYeon." she said strictly when I was about to leave, making everyone rush out even more, terrified of the old woman.

"Y-y-es ma'am." I said when I approached her.

"Is it Mr Nam or Mr Kim?" she asked, taking her glasses off and packing her things away.

"Pardon?"

"Who do you love?" she asked.

"I don't think that should be a question you should ask." I said, regaining my senses.

"The whole school knows darling. I may seem like someone who wouldn't know anything about love. But I'm going to give you an advice. Stick to the one you can picture being with when you're in your 80s, the one who won't leave you even if you nag him or you become wrinkly and ugly. Avoid the one you know is going to leave you." she said.

"How do I know which is which?" I asked, chasing her as she steadily walked out of the class.

"He loves you more than anyone, but he won't tell a single soul. He teases you and tell you words you want to hear, but no one knows of these things. He needs you, but you only think he wants you." she said.

I stared at her and blinked blankly.

"Did someone come to your mind? That's the one that you're going to choose." she smiled and patted my shoulder as if she knew who I thought of.

"Myungsoo..." I mumbled.

Is he really the person I'm going to spend my 80s with? Really?

While walking, I bumped into Woohyun.

"Ah, sorry." I said and walked into the ladies room, doing my best to avoid him.

I tried to stay in there as long as possible. I brushed my hair, redid my make up and checked my tumblr (a/n: sob) for a little before taking a deep breath and took steps to face hell.

As soona s I got out, I ran like crazy. I ran until I couldn't even feel my legs anymore and finally stopped at the tree trunks far from the other people.

"Finally." I muttered and took out my lunch.

"Annyeong." Woohyun said and sat down next to me.

"What?!" I screamed.

"MiYeon, are you ok?" he asked, scared.

I placed my hand out, telling him to stop while I drink water, trying to stop choking.

"How did you find me?" I asked once I was back to normal.

"I can spot my lover from anywhere." he smiled and opened his neatly prepared lunch to eat.

"Why does he get to eat with you and I can't?" Myungsoo asked angrily as he strode over to us.

"I just met him before. It's not a set up date." I tried to explain.

"Well it sure looks like it is." he grumbled.

"What if it is huh? Maybe she just prefers me!" Woohyun said, mouth full of food.

I shot him a death glare and returned back to Myungsoo who's head seemed to almost explode. He sat down and clenched his fist and finally unclenched them to take out his lunch box that was the same as mine. The two glared at each other while deliciously munching on their lunches. I felt like I couldn't even breathe because of the tension.

----

Woohyun's POV

I should be letting go of MiYeon, I should let her be with this bastard because he loves her and she loves him more than she will ever love me. But giving her up is an act of shame. But if it's for MiYeon, then it's ok.

"MiYeon, we are going to go out today, and no one is going to stop us." Myungsoo said and glared at me.

I held back my anger and looked at MiYeon who had a terrified look in her eyes. I nodded slightly at her and she smiled. I know how much this guy means to her, so I'm going to back off for a while, but she will know what an and jerk he is, I can even bet my life on it. 

I held on the chopsticks so tightly that I didn't even notice that they broke, turning both of their heads to look at me and Myungsoo snickering.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment and opened them to see MiYeon staring intently at me. I forced a cheesy, dorky smile I always wear and turned to her.

"Have fun. I have to go meet someone now." I said and walked off.

----

Your POV

Even though I feel sorry for Woohyun, I'm also gad he did that, at least now me and Myungsoo get to have our 60th date!

"Can I invite Dongwoo?" I asked as I skipped towards him after uni ended.

"No. It's just us." he said and held my hand to his car.

Girls were staring at us and some even sobbed while others snickered in disgust. I hid my head in shame and followed behind Myungsoo's shadow.

"Why are we here again?" I asked when he took me into one of the expensive stores in town.

"Because, we're going somewhere today, and I want you to look pretty." he smiled.

"So you're ashamed of the way I look, that I will diminish your reputation when others look at me?" I asked him, taking his comment more serious than I thought I would.

"No! I didn't mean that! What I meant was I wanted you to be able to fit a little bit more with the surrounding of that place so you won't feel left out." he explained while picking out a dress.

"I'm not wearing something so short." I said when he showed me a tight dress.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked him.

"It's like a party I guess." he said and flicked through different dresses.

"This would do right? Not short and not long." he said and admiring the dress.

"I don't want to wear a dress." I said.

"Just do it for me." he said and went to pay.

"Yah, at least let me try it on." I said and stopped him before he went to pay.

"Alright." he smiled and took me to the changing room.

I looked in the mirror and frowned. Usually, girls would look good in these kind of things, but it looks weird on me. It looks, absurd. I walked out slowly and went to look for Myungsoo. I pouted and sat on one of the chairs there, waiting for him.

"Wear this." he said and passed me a shoe box.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Aish." he said and got on his knees, knocking my sneakers off and placing on the heels.

"Yah, you want me to walk on these things?" I asked him.

"Try standing." he said.

Is he trying to kill me? I'm going to die if I try to walk on these things that look like chopsticks trying to support me. I stood up and looked into the mirror.

"Myungsoo, I don't think this is right." I said to him.

"What isn't right? You look beautiful, like everyday." he said and showed looked into the mirror.

"And now, the last bit is to pay." he said and took my old clothes and took me out to the register. I would like to pay for the things she's wearing he said and paid with his card.

"You can do that?" I asked as he cut the tags off.

"Well I can now." he said and held my hand to go inside the car.

"Sit down and close your eyes." he said.

"Why? What are you doing now?" I asked.

"Can you just listen without a moment asking why and what?" he asked.

I closed my eyes and felt something cold one my eyes.

"YAH! WHAT IS THAT?" i screamed.

"Sit still." he said and started doing something to my face.

"I swear, if something goes wrong after I open my eyes, I'm going to kill you." I threatened.

"Alright, okay, you need to let this dry, can you wait for 5 minutes?" he asked and I nodded.

I heard the trunk open and him running. What the hell is going on?I wanted to open my eyes, but I'm scared that he's going to appear and yell at me so I just kept them shut.

"Okay, now one last thing." he panted.

"Where did you go? Are you okay?" I asked and reached for his face.

"yah, pabo, I'm okay. Now open your mouth." he said and I obeyed.

"Hey! What was that?" I asked.

"Open your eyes." he ordered and infront of me was a small mirror where I could see my perfect make up.

"Did you, did you do this?" I asked shocked.

"Mhm, yeah. What do you think of it?" he smiled proudly.

"This is just, wow, how can a guy even. Is there nothing you can't do?" I asked and grazed my thumb over my lips.

It's such a pretty rose colour. I smiled and looked at how pretty I look, for the first time.

"You like the lip colour too huh? I do too." he said and stole a peck

"You are a ert." I said to him.

"Yes yes you old granny." he joked and went to drive the car at full speed.

"Hey! Where are we going?!" I asked.

"We're already late because of you." he said and focused on the road.

I didn't notice it before but now that I did, I could see that he's changed out of his casual clothes to a black suit with a white shirt beneath.

"This is going to be so fun." he said as he walked out of the car.

Fun? What fun?

"My lady?" he asked and held out his hand after he opened the door for me.

I laughed and held his hand while he locked the car. We walked through the reception and it felt like walking on the red carpet. There was so many people that I couldn't even believe such a small place could fit that many. I smiled at random strangers that Myungsoo tend to stop at to talk to. 

I looked around awkwardly while he was talking to different business men.

"Did you want to have a look around? I have to go and prepare for something." he smiled and walked off.

I walked to the bartender and asked for a champagne. I stood far away from everyone and recieved different looks from people.

"Hey." a man approached.

"Greetings." I said.

"Greetings, that's a first. So, what's your name?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I know you." I said and tried to shake him off.

"I don't know you either, but how about we get to know each other a little more back at my place huh?" he asked, grabbing my arm.

"Let go." I said to him, struggling at first.

He enjoyed my fear and gripped even tighter than before. I never thought I would need to use violence at this age, but this man has gone too far.

"Oh, how scary you are." he mocked.

"Yes, indeed I am." my voice croaked, totally not threatening as I imagined in my head.

He laughed at me and tried to pull me away.

"I said, let go." I said and tightly grasped the wrist he's using to hold mine, almost on the verge of breaking it.

"I'm so so sorry. My friend's a little drunk. I'm so sorry." his friend, I assume, apologized when he saw the tension between us.

"He should be, not you." I said.

"On his behalf, I would like to apologize." he bowed and pulled his friend away.

Aish, what is with men these days? Seriously. Suddenly, the light dimmed and the room became quiet. A girl was pulled on stage and a soft melody began playing.

A soft voice began singing, guiding the notes of the guitar. I took a few steps closer to see Myungsoo up there. Woah, I didn't know he did these things. Well I did, but I didn't know he was that great. The song ended and a cake arrived

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you~" they all sang, ah it's a birthday party.

I began to join in until I heard who the birthday person was; Sohee. I gulped and tried to not make myself noticeable as Sohee made a wish and blew out the candles. Everyone clapped and whistled, joining in with the festive occassion. Sohee stood near the microphone and made her speech.

"Thank you dear friends, those who could and couldn't attend my birthday party. It's been wonderful to have known you all. One such a special day, i'm glad to have spent it with every single one of you guys in here. And I would like to have special thanks to this person." she said and motioned Myungsoo to come over.

He looked at her confused and walked over.

"This man, has been my support for all the rough times that I've been through. Thank you Myungsoo." she said and gave him a kiss infront of everyone. EVERYONE.

Everyone cheered and clapped while I gulped down the rest of the alcohol, feeling as if every breath I'm taking is made of fire. Sohee hushed the people and continued.

"I know I've said this so many times tonight, but thank you guys. I'm sad to say this, but, I'm leaving next month to France to prepare further for my legal studies." She said and the whole room went silent, with Myungsoo's face gone pale.

Why is she leaving so suddenly? Out of no where as well? The room soon became loud and cheerful again. I was searching for Myungsoo but lost him amongst the many bodies.

I went outside to look for the toilet, and to have some fresh air. I looked at the mirror and fixed any hair out of place and reapplied some lipstick.

"There's no point. An ugly duckling can't turn to a beautiful swan. No matter how hard it tries." Sohee says, walking out of the cubicle.

"What?" I asked turning to her.

"Yah, stop trying. Myungsoo isn't going to pick you anyways." She said.

"Then explain why he brought me to YOUR party then huh?" I asked. That's right, i won .

"It's called pity." she snickered and walked out.

Does Myungsoo really feel pitiful for me? I walked out after a while and waited at the reception 

"You cold?" Myungsoo asked and placed his jacket over me.

"It's ok." I said and handed back his jacket.

"Come on, let's go." he said.

"Are you sure you should drive? You seem...drunk." I said as he barely walked straight.

"Of course I can drive! Don't worry." he said but couldn't even open the car doors.

"That's it. I'm driving." I said and pushed him into the passenger seat.

I stopped at one of the mini supermarkets and dashed in to buy some soft drinks to refresh us both a little.

"Where did you go?" he asked once I got back.

"I got some drinks." I said and drove.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked with his eyes closed.

"For some fresh air." I said and parked the car.

"come on, get out." I said and dragged him out of the car.

"Why are we here? Can't we go home and just snuggle?" he pleaded and collasped on the bench.

"This loser, get up." I said and threw a can to him to drink. 

He sat up and opened the can.

"You're so cruel, not even taking care of a drunk person." he mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah yeah." I said and moved closer to the fountain that was in the park.

He followed right behind me and sat down, taking his shoes off and dipping his feet into the fountain.

"Are you sad Sohee is leaving?" I asked him while he was drinking.

"Mhm." he said.

"Why don't you go with her?" I asked.

"Because, there's an idiot here who's still with me." he laughed.

"You can go with her if you want, just visit me once in a while." I smiled.

"I don't want to." he said and threw away the can.

"Why not?"

"Because then I wouldn't be able to do this." he said and splashed water on me.

"Oh you are so going to get it!" I said and ran after him, splashing water on each other until we were both drenched.

"And to think that we're both grown adults." he laughed once we stopped the water fight.

"Hey! You should talk! You're the one who started it!" I said and punched his arm.

"YAH! Aren't you afraid that you're hurting the person you love?" he asked and rubbed his arm.

"Stop teasing me about that! I don't love you anymore. I take it back!" I said and ran off, returning back to the car.

"You can't do that!" he said and ran after me.

"Well I can!"

"Not anymore." he said and hugged me tightly.

"Get off. I'm going to die." I said and struggled to get out of his grip.

He released me and gave me a big dorky grin and stole a peck.

"You did that twice today! ert!" I screamed but he already closed the car door on me.

HMPH. Eventhough I'm mad that he was such a e, I can't stay mad at him for long. I smiled and walked back to the drivers seat.

Date 60th is a succes.

---

a/n: HEY GUYS my god is there so much homework, teachers don't understand what holidays means, seriuosly T______T anyways

here is the chapter and ill fix it late if there's mistakes, but for now, please comment <3!!!