Chapter 8

Our 69th date

Your POV

It's been quite some time now, and we're already on date 39, today's the 40th date. How fast right?

Our dates varied from coffee breaks to eating at restaurants. I count each day as it begins getting closer to our 69th date. I think he remembers it too, because he seems nervous and shy a lot lately too.

"Hey, let's hang out today yeah?" I asked excitedly.

"Uhm, who with?" Myungsoo asked.

"Me, you, and Dongwoo!" I said.

"Oh yeah alright! But I need to do somethings, so i'll meet you guys there a little later." he said.

"Meet me at the cafe near the school at noon alright!" I said and dashed off on him to get ready.

By the time I finished, he was already gone. I met up with Dongwoo and we decided to get some coffee before going.

"Wow, Dongwoo , you've changed heaps since primary! No more glasses huh?" I .

"Yeah yeah whatever." he said and ruffled my hair.

Even though I haven't seen Dongwoo in a while, i still kept in touch with him and he knew everything about Myungsoo and the 69 dates thing.

"So what date number is it now?" he asked when we finished our coffee.

"Today's number 40." I smiled brightly at him.

"Yah, when is this guy coming? Hurry up and call him!" he urged me and nudged my arm. after we went around Seoul for a litle.

"No! It's not even noon yet!" I argued.

"If you're not, I will." he threatened.

"Alright alright." I surrendered and called Myungsoo.

"Hey, are you almost there yet?"

"Ah yeah, come and meet me now." he said and hung up.

Geez, what's up with him.

Dongwoo and I walked back to the cafe to meet Myungsoo.

We sat and waited for almost an hour and still, Myungsoo was no where in sight.

"oh sorry, I had something that came up." he panted when he finally reached us.

Dongwoo crossed his eyebrows and shook his head in fustration. Dongwoo's an impatient guy, so it's hard for him to wait that long.

"Well then let's go." Dongwoo said in a pissed off tone and took the lead.

"So, where do you wanna go?" I asked Myungsoo.

He was unusual today. He was quiet and shy-er than usual, something he isn't.

"Well, uhm I wanted to play pool. Is that ok?" he suggested.

I looked to Dongwoo who just walked off in another direction.

We finally arrived and it seems as though Dongwoo and Myungsoo got a little closer when Myungsoo taught him how to play.

"So if you hold it at this angle and hit it on the edge of it, you'll be able to get it in." Myungsoo instructed and Dongwoo followed.

I watched the two play in boredom and decided to look at my phone.

"Yah, little miss. Your turn." Dongwoo said and passed me one of the cue sticks.

"I don't even know how to hold this thing, let alone play!" I said with widened eyes.

"Myungsoo will teach you." he winked at me and forced me to play.

"Uhm, I don't know how to play this. So sorry if I make any mistakes." I said and he began by breaking.

I tried and it just seemed as though I will never be able to even move the white ball. I got the black ball in though.

"YES!" I said in victory.

"Getting the black ball in means the opponent instantly wins." he laughs at me and began setting up the table again.

"Oh." I said and went to one of the seats and slouched down.

I admit defeat. I at this.

"Hey, you two practice, there's someone I need to see. I'll be back in 5 minutes." Myungsoo said and rushed outside.

Dongwoo taught me how to play and I started to get the hang of it, a little.

"Hey, let's do another game." I said.

I want to win. i keep losing to him.

I was so concentrated on the game I didn't even notice Myungsoo was gone for so long.

He came back into the room with someone else behind him. Wait, is that Sohee? It can't be right? 

I thought he didn't even care about her after all this time breaking up with her.

Dongwoo noticed my confused look and looked towards where I was looking to see Myungsoo walking towards us with another girl.

"Hey, your turn." he said, trying to distract me.

"Oh, right." I said and hit the ball, not noticing that I got the black ball in.

Myungsoo sat down with Sohee and the two laughed lightly with each other. What's so funny?

"I'll break this time." I said and pushed the ball with full force. The other balls were sent flying around the table and the game began.

I was too focused that I didn't notice Myungsoo calling me.

"MiYeon?" he asked again.

"Yeah?"

"Sohee and I are going to go out for a bit. Oh, and Sungyeol is swinging by in 2 minutes, so show him the way up here yeah?" he said and walked away before I could even answer.

"I guess I gotta go and pick up Sungyeol." I said to Dongwoo and he nodded.

Sungyeol isn't my closest friend but I do know him. He's been friends with Myungsoo for God knows how long.

"Hey, do you know where they went?" I asked after a while of playing.

"He said he was grabbing some lunch with her." he said and hit one of the balls into the slot.

Oh ok, he didn't want to eat with us huh. Alright, fine, geez.

"You guys finish off." I said and put the cue stick back before dialling Myungsoo.

"We're heading off first." I said to him.

"Where are you guys going?" he asked.

"We're going to eat." I said.

"Oh, I'll be back in half and hour." he said.

I'm not waiting for him anymore. I'm pissed off that he ruined our date, and I am not going to be nice to him anymore.

"Nah, Dongwoo and I have to go home early today. So yeah. Have fun." I said and hung up.

I was so pissed off that it's not even cute.

I took my bag and practically stormed out of the room and walked outside.

The others trailed behind me, too scared to bother me, in case I erupt and force my anger on them.

We sat down at one of the restaurants and ordered our meals.

"Hey, wassup?" Sungyeol asked during the meal.

"Ah, ok, I see. Alright." he said and hung up.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"Myungsoo said he's going to come join us soon." he said and continued eating.

"Well I'm going to pay first. I need to leave a little early. You guys can stay here." I said and pushed half of my dish aside and went to pay seperately.

"Hey, hey, what's with the hurry?" Dongwoo asked as he trailed behind me.

"Nothing." I said and got onto the bus.

"Sungyeol's going to wait for Myungsoo since he couldn't just ditch him. So I came after you." Dongwoo smiled at me.

"Alright." I said and looked out the window.

"Well it was nice seeing you today. I'll talk to you later alright?" he said and got off at his stop.

I am so mad. So pissed off. Why would he do that? I wanted to hang out so we could have the damn 40th date. And he just runs off.

Why is he so different all of a sudden? Like a 360 degrees change in less that 24 hours. 

Well screw him, screw Sohee and screw everyone else. Stupid people and their stupid brains that doesn't thikn about anyone else.

I went inside the house and cooked up some ramen.

If it wasn't for Myungsoo coming to that restaurant, I would have been able to finish my food and be full by now.

I ate my anger away and tried to go to sleep early.

I twisted and turned and stayed dead silent when I heard a noise.

"MiYeon? Are you home?" Myungsoo yelled.

Oh, that bastard.

"Yeah." I said as I heard his footsteps up the stairs.

"Hey, what's up? Sleeping early for once?" he winked.

"Yeah." I said and turned my back to him, pretending to sleep.

He slid down next to me and hugged me.

"So, why did you leave so early before?" he asked.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I want to sleep. Alone." I said and shoved him away.

I am sick and tired of him being nice to me all of a sudden, and turning to a butthole 2 minutes later. I'm sick and tired and I'm done with it.

URGH.