Chapter 23

Our 69th date

Your POV

"Aigoo, the air is so fresh here." I said and sniffed in the pleasant air.

"Mhm, I know. I've missed this place." Woohyun agreed while we gazed at the road ahead of us.

We were sitting on the tree house on the tree right infront of my house; the place we used to always go to when we were kids.

"Woohyun."

"Mhm?"

"What went wrong?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked, fiddling with a piece of dead grass.

"Us. That's what I mean. Weren't we always the perfect couple? Why are we like this?" I asked.

"What do you mean like this?" he asked.

"Like, why are we trying to get back together? Why are we bothering with it when we both know how hard it is? Why don't we just give up? " I asked.

He didn't reply but instead climbed down the ladder.

"Yah! Where are you going?" I asked from the window of the house.

He ignored me and started digging a hole and took out a jar of some sort.

He wiped his hands on his clothes and carried the jar back up the tree house.

"What is it?" I asked, huddling closer to see what it is.

"Remember when we did this in year 8?" he smiled, opening the jar to take out some of the notes inside.

"Was this, after that day?" I asked, tears b in my eyes.

I remember the day clearly. After what had happened at school, he took me back home and told me to write about it and a promise we make and leave it in the jar. He told me he did this when he was angry, so later, he can look at it and have a good laugh.

"Mhm." he said and gave me his note.

Today wasn't fun for me, because MiMi was sad today. I don't like her like that. It doesn't feel nice. I hope she knows how I feel soon! :) I promise to always be with her, no matter what!! 

I looked at him and he gave me a dorky grin.

"But why did you leave in the first place?" I asked, touching the aged paper, yellowed from the years buried away.

"I knew you were uncomfortable about us, since I reminded you of Cheolyong, so I thought that I'd give you some time to think about it. But after leaving you, I realised I can't live a day without you." he said.

"Still as greasy as ever." I said and lightly punched his arm.

"And the only one you will love forever!" he said and pulled me close, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

I laughed and held onto his hand tightly.

All this time, I've been searching through pebbles, I lost a diamond. Someone like him, how could have I let him go? Aren't I stupid? And to think that I love a guy like Myungsoo.

---

Woohyun's POV

This was the first time she actually held my hand, the first time she initiated any intimacy. I smiled at how close I feel to her. It doesn't feel like the way the other girls do it. It felt special this time.

I couldn't even believe I lasted so long without her. Let's hope she and I will work out soon.

"Let's just say, I choose Myungsoo, then what would you do?" she asked.

I thought about it for a bit. It hurts me that she would even have the thought of going to such a bastard, whereas I have been waiting for her, but I do understand that it's my fault. If I didn't just leave her like that, then she wouldn't have time to develop feelings what so ever for that jerk

"Well, then I would congratulate you." I said.

"So you're not going to even bother to fight for me? So much for always being with me." she said and croseed her arms across her chest like a kid.

"There must have been a reason you would choose him and not me. If he makes you happy, then I'm fine with it. And I can always be with you, even as a friend." I said and smiled at her.

"Do you promise me you'll never leave?" she asked and held out her pinky.

"Promise." I smiled and linked our pinkies together.

"KIDS! DINNER'S DONE!" Mum called and we both raced down the ladder.

"Thanks for the food mum." i bowed and dug in.

"It's good to finally see you again Woohyun." Dad laughed and ate.

Myungsoo ate quietly while MiYeon and I chatted loudly with her parents.

We went to wash the dishes while Myungsoo went to lay on the hammock.

---

Your POV

"You okay?" I asked Myungsoo after washing the dishes.

He didn't reply and turned to face the other way.

"Hey hey, come on. I should be the one pissed off right?" I reasoned with him.

"MiYeon, would you choose me or him?" he asked me.

"Um, that's a sudden question." I replied.

"Just answer me, honestly. I can take it." he insisted.

"Well, honestly, right now, I'm leaning more onto your side." I said, more truthfully than I thought.

"Really?" he asked.

"Mhm" I said.

"Well then, that means you'd come here with me." he said and hopped off the hammock, taking me by my hand and running away from the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just trust in me." he said.

"What? Trust in you? You've never been here before. You'd get us lost!" I said trying to knock some sense back into him.

"No, I took a lot of effort in this, so you have to come." he said and kept pulling me away.

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

"Yeah. Close your eyes. Or it'll ruin the surprise." he said and I abided to his instructions.

"Careful." he said as he lead me to some place.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked.

"Yes." he said and let me go.

I opened my eyes to see one of the oak trees being lit with tiny white light bulbs.

"Pretty right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Pretty just like you." he said and back hugged me.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I just wanted you to trust me." he said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I said.

"It's okay. Is this uncomfortable for you?" he asked and let go slowly.

"I'm alright now, don't worry."

He went to lay down on the grass and patted the spot next to him. I came over and laid next to him.

"Did you really think that I couldn't have protected you from those guys?" he asked.

"Myungsoo, they may seem like village idiots, but they're more than that. I think it's best if you don't bother with them."

"It's a simple answer, yes or no. Did you think I couldn't protect you from those guys?" he asked again.

"Yes." I said.

"Did you think that Woohyun could?" he asked.

"No."

"Do you love me?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Do you love me more than Woohyun?" he asked.

"Yes."

"If I told you to get him out of your life, would you do it?" he asked.

"No."

"Why not?" he whined.

"Myungsoo, I can't just leave someone important out of my life. There's no reason to anyways." I said.

"But he's always in our way of everything! It's not fair, I want to be closer with you, but how can I if he's always there?"

"If you really did want to get close to me, then Woohyun shouldn't even be an obstacle." I said.

"Well, can you at least ignore him a little and focus on me a little?" he begged.

"I'll think about it." I chuckled.

"I'm wondering, what you think." he said.

"About what?" 

"When I do this." he said and leant in closer to my face but I turned away slightly.

"You think of that gangster guy don't you?" he asked.

I nodded slightly and he sighed, brushing the hair out of my face.

"If only I was there to help you too. I would have kicked his ." he mumbled.

"I'm sorry. I just need a little time after seeing Cheolyong." i said.

Even saying his name makes me cringe. Because of him, I have a bad image in town, and it wasn't even my fault to begin with.

"I understand." he said and stood up, holding out a hand to help me up.

"Myungsoo, do you want to make a time capsule?" I asked him.

"Alright?" he said and I showed him the way back since he was lost in the dark.

When we finally reached home, I went inside to get a torch and some pens and paper and a small jar.

"Just write about something that happened and a promise." I said to him.

"Like, just any promise?" 

"One you know you can keep." I said and went to write mine.

"Done?" I asked and placed my note inside the jar.

"Done!" he smiled and placed his note inside the jar as well.

"When can we look at it?" he asked.

"When the time is right."  I said and went to dig a hole right at the bottom of the tree in front of my house.

I showed him the way back inside the house and we quietly went to our rooms incase we disturb anyone.

"MiYeon?" Myungsoo whispered.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Can I sleep with you?" he asked.

"Why? Go sleep with Woohyun! He's next door!" I said.

"But it feels weird. I want to sleep with you. Please!!" he whispered louder.

"Shh, the others are sleeping! What happens if they see us together tomorrow?" I asked.

"Oh right. I didn't think of that." he said and we stayed silent for a little.

"I GOT IT!" He said loudly and gasped when he realised how much noise he made.

"Sorry." he apologized when he was sure no one heard him.

"How about you sleep with me and Woohyun? So then it looks like you were sleeping with Woohyun, but really, you're sleeping with me!!" he whispered excitedly.

"Why can't you just sleep with him? I can't be bothered going! And it's going to be so hot when the both of you squish me to death!" I said.

"Please MiYeon. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." he begged.

"Oh my god. Fine." I said and took my blankets and pillow.

I slapped his head on the way out of my room to Woohyun's room.

"Aish. You really are a bother." I said and went to lay next to Woohyun while Myungsoo laid on the other side of me.

Woohyun turned over and had his arm and leg around me, and Myungsoo was doing the exact same thing. Oh, this is going to be a loooooooooooong night.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I heard someone scream early in the morning.

"What the hell?" I asked, woken from that person.

"Why am I hugging him!?!?" Myungsoo asked, trying to untangle himself from Woohyun.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Woohyun yelled when he saw Myungsoo's face right next to his. 

They both let go and fell off the bed in a big mess.

I thought back of last night when i went to get a drink and the two of them just ended up hugging each other, thinking each other was me, so I just let them be. I laughed and they both looked at me.

"." they both said at the dining table.

I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm so glad my parents are already working on the field, otherwise they probably wouldn't enjoy such ruckuss early in the morning.

"You guys are just adorable." I said.

"I'm lovable! He's just weird!" Woohyun said and ate while glaring at Myungsoo.

"Shut up ." Myungsoo said.

"Well, I'm done, so you guys can enjoy the rest of the meal." I said and left the dining table.

"What are we doing today?" Myungsoo asked.

"Something you wouldn't think MiYeon would ever do." Woohyun said.

"Like what?" Myungsoo asked.

"If I tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. But I can tell you she looks hot while doing it." Woohyun said and went to do the dishes with me.

"What did you just say to him?" I asked him while doing the dishes.

"Ah, just a little preview of our day." he said.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

He stood there laughing to himself as if he thought of some evil plan. Weirdo.

----

a/n: I love the way you guys started to want to ship WooYeon right after chapter 22. LOL, it took 22 chapters to finally make you guys want them together!! xDD haahah

well yeah here is the update :D

and sorry if my updates are like late at night...i like naps and naps tend to be for a lOOONG while

well yah, here it is! and oh, why is there an arrow thing next to the title of the story? D: what is that? >sanfafas<

anyways, please comment <3