Date number 2

Our 69th date

 

Your POV

The days that followed after the kiss was just awkward, well at least for me anyways. He seemed to not even notice at all.

“Oppa, I can’t live with you for a while, because I have to take care of things at home, but I’ll miss you!” Sohee said and pecked Myungsoo before heading back home.

It’s been some time since we had the house to just us.

I focused back on cooking the spaghetti and served it on plates before placing it on the dining table.

“I think I’m going to break up with Sohee soon.” Myungsoo said softly as he poked around at his food.

“Why’s that?” I asked, eating slowly.

“Do you like her?” he asked.

“Mhm, yeah, of course. You guys suit each other well!” I smiled through the bitter words.

I always seem to comfort others even though no one comforts me when I need it.

“Wouldn’t you be happy that we’re breaking up though?” he asked.

“Why?”

“She moves out, stop harrassing you, and well, the place would be less messy around here.” he said.

“No, I wouldn’t be. When Sohee’s around, you’re happy and bright. I don’t want to not see that side of you anymore.” I said and tried to quickly eat the meal to avoid the conversation.

“You make me happy too, and others. It’s not only her.” he said.

“Well, it’s up to you. But you guys do really suit.” I smiled and went to wash up my things.

“Hey, want to watch a movie?” I asked while he cleaned up.

“Yeah sure. Save me a seat.” he said sarcastically.

He sat down next to me and we watched the film.

The story line was weak and began to get boring, so we turned it down and began talking.

“Aish, the girl’s so stupid, she should just admit that she likes him, seriously.” he said.

“So you like the straightforward type?” I joked.

He nodded in response.

I leant my head on his shoulder and continued watching the film.

“Myungsoo.”

“Yeah what?” he asked.

“What if I like someone who’s already taken?” I asked.

“It’s best to stay away if they’re happy with the other person. That’s what I would do.” he said.

“Ah, right, of course. And what if someone likes you, but you still have Sohee?” I asked and sat up straight.

“I would take them into consideration, but I’m the faithful type.” he said.

“Sohee’s lucky isn’t she? Anyways, I better head off to bed now.” i said and set up my bed on the floor.

“Sohee’s not here.” he said.

“Yeah, but it’s weird that a taken guy is sleeping with a single girl.” I said and pretended to sleep.

I need to back off before it’s too late. I need to stop these feelings that shouldn’t be here. I’m the one who created them, i can stop them if I want to.

From now on, I won’t like him anymore.

He snuggled up beside me and hugged me tight.

“Your bed is up there.” I said.

“I know. But since you won’t be sleeping beside me, I’ll sleep beside you.” he said and fell asleep.

I held onto his hand that’s over my waist.

Is this right? Oh of course it’s not. Clearly. But he did say he’s breaking up with her…no, no, no, no, no. He isn’t going to break up with her, he’s going to be with Sohee and I’ll find someone else. He’s still taken still anyways.

“Myungsoo.” I whispered and shook him slightly.

“hmm?” he answered.

“What do you consider a date to be?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Going to a cafe, shopping, eating ice cream, holding hands or those touchy things, and hanging out really.” he said in a sleepy voice.

“Well then, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?” I asked.

“Mhm.” he said and hugged my tighter before fallin to deep slumber.

I smiled to myself, as if I accomplished something.

“Yah, how do you even have this much money to buy so much stuff anyways?” Myungsoo complained as I made him carry the bags of clothing.

“I have my ways.” I said and looked at some of the dresses.

“What ways?” he winked.

“Not ‘those’ ways.” I said and went to try on a dress.

“So what do ya think?” I asked him.

“You look ier without it on.” he said.

“Oh gee thanks.” I said and went back inside.

We decided to grab some lunch after shopping. I’m not sure if he’s aware of last night, about me asking about the date thing, or not.

“So how did you find today?” I asked, trying to start the conversation.

“Tiring. I never knew girls could shop that much." he jokingly rubbed his back as if he was restless.

"Sooo.." I began, trying to come up with a conversation again.

"I'm breaking up with her today." he said.

"Huh? Why's that?" I asked.

Why all of a sudden?

"Some things are coming up soon, and I want to end it quickly before things get worst between us." he said and ate his food.

"What kind of things?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon, but you have to promise to hang out with me everyday and not leave my side ok!" he smiled at me.

"Only if you tell me why you're breaking up with her." I said and stuck my tongue out.

"Well, I recently saw this girl who caught my eye, and it's kinda hard to not think of her when I see her everyday." he said and rubbed the back of his neck.

I stuffed my food in my mouth and tried not to show my blushing cheeks. Could it be me? He did meet me recently, and he does see me everyday.

"what does she look like?" I asked him and he stared directly at me.

Oh god, it's me. Right?

"Well, she has long, dark red kind of hair. And she's a bit taller than you, and a little skinnier. She's paler and wears make up." he said.

Oh..my heart sank as if it's the Titanic. So it's not me.

I swallowed hard on my food and sipped my drink before throwing the rest away.

"Let's go home now." I said and he took hsi burger with him, strolling behind me.

Date number 2 isn't the best..