Chapter 38

Our 69th date

Your POV

"Huh?" I asked.

"Sohee. You think she'll like it?" he asked.

My hands trembled and it felt as if the box was going to fall out of my hands.

"Sohee? Really? You made me wait for two years, and you tell me that you pick Sohee? Out of all people, Sohee? Why the hell did you even make up the crap about 69 dates? What is this? I changed so much for you, and you think you can just come back here and change everything huh? Do you know how hard it was for me during those times you were gone? I had to try and change my ways for you. I changed the way I act, talk, walk, dress, and even drink and eat. Why? Because I wanted to be like the girl you had in mind. I changed my hair to black like you said you liked, and you tell me I look better in brown. I changed to drink dark coffee because you hate coffee with too much sugar, but you come and tell me, that you don't like dark coffee anymore? You tell me that Sohee made you coffee every single bloody day, when all I wanted, was to buy you coffee, but you even rejected my offer?" I asked him, tears smearing the overloaded make up.

"Who the hell een told you to do all these anyways?" he asked.

"Oh, so it's my fault now right? So it's my fault you led me on to think that you have feelings for me? It's my fault that you act so nice to me all the damn time, so I want to retaliate by showing a bit of effort? I never had a moment spent with you, where I had to not worry about you going to Sohee. Everytime I think that we're hitting it off well, you go to Sohee and spend time with her. Why is it my fault to want to keep the person I love huh? I changed just so I didn't have to feel so god damn insecure all the time when Sohee is near." I screamed.

"The person you love? So you changed for me? You changed, expecting I would like you? What if I never liked you to begin with? What if you were better before you changed?" he asked, looking down on me.

"Do you know how long I've waited for you? And all you can say is that?" I asked, there's no point in holding it in now. It's too late anyways.

"You're pathetic, you know that? If I want to marry Sohee, then I can marry Sohee, it shouldn't matter to you." he said.

"It doesn't matter? IT DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER? THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME WAIT ALL THIS TIME FOR? WHY DID YOU EVEN BREAK UP WITH HER, GET MY HOPES UP, THEN CRUSH IT, IF YOU WERE GOING TO LEAVE IN THE END?" I yelled.

At this point, I was on the verge of exploding. I was throwing a tantrum, and I know it, but I'm not gong to stop. No way. I spent and wasted my time on this jerk, and this is how he's going to repay me?

"For the fun of it." he said and walked off.

This really is the end isn't it? The end of us, of me, of everything.

"Hello? Earth to MiYeon!!" Myungsoo asked, waving his hand infront of me.

"Uh yeah?" I asked.

"Do you think Sohee will like it?" he asked.

"Um, yeah, of course she would. Who wouldn't?" I asked, smiling.

I had it all planned in my head, exactly what I was going to say. But am I really willing to risk his happiness for mine? How would I know if he's going to like me back anyways?

"She would, right?" he asked, smiling like an idiot as he looked at the ring.

"So, why did you buy so much stuff today?" I asked.

"Oh, I needed you to try on the stuff, in case it doesn't fit Sohee. Since you guys look roughly the same size." he said.

"Oh.." I mouthed.

So they're not for me. I felt like my life has been depleted by just a few of his words. Just like Woohyun has said, I really did waste my time and effort.

Not only did I lose my chance with Woohyun, but I lost my chance with Myungsoo as well. I looked at him as he smiled crazily at the sight of just the ring. I wonder how happy he'll be when he sees Sohee in that wedding dress.

"What, so I became your mannequin today for free?" I joked, hopefully it'll lighten up the my mood a little.

"Of course not! Which is why we came to the convienent store before...for....banana milk!!" he said and held up a bottle, placing it on my cheek, like the way he did when we first met.

I took it and sipped while he carefully placed the ring away.

How much longer can I actually stay here with him before I begin crying?

"I think it's late now. Do you think we should go home?" I asked.

"Oh yeah sure." he said, looking at his watch.

We drove back home on the streets that seem much more empty than usual. Cars and people were still passing by, but it seems as though I've lost everything since I've lost to Sohee. It feels like I'm back to where I was in the beginning; when I lost Woohyun to Sohee.

It's always Sohee isn't it? She always has to be involved with my pain somehow. The hate I have towards her is unexplainable. Never, have I hated anyone before. But Sohee is an exception. She made me lose two of the most important people in my lives, just because she was fooling around with them.

"It's been so long since I could walk up these stairs." Myungsoo said as he climbed the stairs.

He had to take the stairs instead of the lift didn't he?

I turned the key and prayed that Woohyun isn't inside.

The lights were off and I sighed in relief. Thank god he's not home. I the lights and allowed Myungsoo to come in.

"Did you want something to eat or drink?" I asked.

"It's alright, I'm good." he replied.

Despite his response, I brought out a bottle of wine in case. I poured the two glasses with equal amounts and handed him one.

"So, how did you get back with Sohee?" I asked.

"Well, the first year, I hated spending time with her actually. We didn't speak about anything besides work related, and we didn't even eat together. She was in the bedroom and I was in the lounge room. That was basically us for the first year. But the second year, I don't know, I got use to her stubborness, and sometimes, it was even cute. I got used to her more half way during the second year, and well, we started seeing each other, and one thing led to another, and now I want to marry her." he said, taking a break to drink.

"I thought that I may as well marry her, since we were together for a long time before that." he said.

He didn't even mention me in there. He doesn't even remember what we had, even though I remember everything we had clearly.

"You guys really do suit each other well." I smiled at him.

"Thanks! I don't know, I'm just scared she might not accept me." he said.

You're scared of her not accepting you, when I already know that you haven't accepted me. What the hell have I got myself into?

"I'm sure she will." I said.

He held his cup and examined the apartment.

"This place didn't change too much." he said.

"Are you going to be staying here?" I asked.

"Nah, Sohee and I already rented a hotel for now. I was planning to sell this apartment and get a house or something more stable, since we can't stay a family of two forever." he laughed.

Myungsoo's already thinking of the future, while I'm stuck in the past.

He just basically kicked me out of this place. Where am I going to go after this?

"Well, I'm going to go to sleep first, the door's over there." I said, making my way to the bedroom.

We can't stay a family of two forever.

His words rung inside my head continuously, and only temporarily disappeared when I heard the door shut behind his footsteps.

Why didn't I see this coming? How could I have not seen this coming actually. I should have known. In comparison to Sohee, I'm nothing. She has everything. Even if she didn't have those looks, she would still be beating me. She had a headstart. She already had Myungsoo from their beginning. It only makes sense that he's with her.

There are too many thoughts right now, that I can't concentrate.

Where will I go when he sells this place?

How am i going to live, now that he's gone?

Should I tell him that I waited for him?

Should I let go?

What the hell am I going to do?

---

a/n: here is a short chap, wow, how could i have written that...anyways, i want to drag this a little longer, to make it to 40 chapters xD haha i don't want to end it on an uneven number, so YAH! anyways please comment because i love u <3