Chapter 27

Our 69th date

Woohyun's POV

"Hey, sorry, I have to go now." I said to the girls and tried to escape to follow after MiYeon.

"But oppa, we just met. Want to come over my place for coffee?" the girl asked.

"I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry." I said and walked away before they pulled me back again.

Phew, thank god I escaped from them.

I got out just in time to see MiYeon walk out with a coffee and giving some to Myungsoo. She used to do that when we were together as well. That idiot. She always tries to act tough by drinking coffee, but she can't handle bitter things at all. I shook my head and laughed quietly to myself.

I walked behind them, careful so I don't get caught.

They're walking towards the park, that idiot. She showed this place to me as well. I decided to look away a moment, to let them have their own private time because I remember what happened with me and her when we were here. We played on the swings and hugged each other, but that was after she and Cheolyong broke up, so she was still timid. I'm just too afraid to see what she'll do with Myungsoo now.

I looked at the sky. She always liked stars. Once, she even made thousands of paper stars just to wish to see her favourite band live. 

Suddenly, there was a loud noise behind a bush near me. I hid behind the tree to take a closer look. Could it be just the wind? Am I too paranoid? 

"Idiot! They're going to find out!" someone whispered.

What the hell? There's other detectives spying on them, and not just me?

I waited a bit for something to happen, but the people stayed quiet. I guess they haven't found out about me yet. I turned to look at MiYeon and Myungsoo and they were beginning to make their way back.

The people behind the bushes began to move after as well. I followed them while they were following MiYeon and Myungsoo.

MiYeon was forcing Myungsoo to enter the treehouse.

But that's our tree house.

We agreed that no one can ever go in there except us. Not even our parents. No one.

Not even an ant could find it's way in there. It was our place, the only place where we could be together and the place where she felt comfortable with me.

And now she's telling him to go in there?

No Woohyun, focus on these weird people first. You can deal with them later.

While MiYeon was trying to climb, the people were beginning to make their move. One had a sling in his hand, while the others were handing him rocks, and they were aiming right for the tree house.

I ran out and threw punches at the guys.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I whispered.

"Woohyun?" one of the guys said.

"A traitor will always be a traitor." Cheolyong said, coming out of no where.

"Can't you see she got a new guy? Why the hell are you still trying to protect her?" he asked me.

"Because I want to. What are you planning on doing anyways?" I asked.

"Now that wouldn't be a surprise if I told you right?" he smirked.

"What surprise? The plan on getting rid of Myungsoo so MiYeon have to come back to you and you can play with her again?" one of his followers asked.

"You idiot! You just gave away our plan." Cheolyong said and face palmed.

"Well that isn't going to happen on my watch. Cheolyong, just leave her alone." I said.

"Don't you come into this Woohyun. Come on man, bros before hoes. Why would you choose her?" he asked.

"Because she's not a hoe." I said.

"Tsk, I never knew you were soft. Hurry up and get going." he said to his other friends who got ready to fire rocks again.

"What the hell?" I asked and threw punches at them.

"Just leave them alone!" I said and kicked one of the guys.

"You think you can really protect her?" Cheolyong asked, grabbing firmly on my collar.

"I can." i spat at him and punched him.

"You shouldn't have done that." he smirked and all his friends came onto me.

I could feel punches and kicks all over.

They stopped when they heard Myungsoo and MiYeon getting out of the treehouse and began running, in case they got caught. So much for being tough guys, idiots. 

I walked over to the tree house and climbed up the ladder once I was sure they were gone.

I don't know whether I should be angry or not. It's a good thing she finally found someone she could trust right? Even if it's not me, it should still be alright. Right?

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and went down the ladder again.

There was something weird about the tree today, the bottom of it seems more lumpy.

I squated and patted the little land and started digging a little until I saw a shiny surface of a jar. I pulled it out to see that it was the same jar that me and MiYeon placed our notes in. Why did she bury it again? I opened it and tried to look for her note. I'm curious about what she wrote on that day actually.

I took out the notes inside to see one with Myungsoo's name and the other one with her's one it. 

So not only did they come to the tree house, but they made time capsules as well? I took a quick read of Myungsoo's, and then MiYeon's one. I decided to write a note as well.

I placed it inside of the jar and buried it again. I went to the backyard to clean myself up a little before going to sleep.

Well that was one hell of a hectic night.

----

Myungsoo's POV

"This girl. Aish, you only came for a few days and you're leaving me again." MiYeon's mum said to her.

"I'll visit you next time! Once I graduate!" she said and gave her mother a hug before getting inside the car.

"Myungsoo-ssi." her mum said and pulled me back.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Take care of her for me." she said.

"Pardon?"

"Take care of her. I know she likes you, a lot. Take care of her." she said and walked back inside the house.

MiYeon likes me a lot? Is she that obvious? I scratched my head and went inside the van.

Woohyun was sitting in the front while MiYeon was in the far back of the car.

"You guys okay?" I asked them but they both stayed silent.

"Okay then.." I said and went to sit in the empty seat infront of MiYeon's

"Myungsoo, come sit next to me, baby." MiYeon said.

Woohyun whipped his head back and gave a shocked look but returned his gaze to the front again.

I went to the back and sat next to her.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"Someone is just being an idiot." she said and crossed her arms.

"Excuse me? You're the one who's the idiot here! You shouldn't have hit that girl last night." Woohyun yelled.

"Oh, so you think I'm some psycho who just hits people? Did you see her hitting me first? It's called self defense." she argued.

"But you hit her ten times harder!"

"NO I DIDN'T! She was exaggerating! And she's skinny as a stick, of course it would seem like i used a lot of force!" she said and the driver began driving while they were arguing.

"If you know you're bigger than her, than you should have used less force! Are you bullying those who are weaker than you?" he asked.

"What, so you're implying that I'm fat? All I wanted was to have a fun time with you both! And no one even invited you! What the hell is wrong with you?" she said and looked out of the window.

"I didn't say you were fat! What the hell? Stop being so sensitive!" he said.

"CAN YOU BOTH JUST SHUT UP!" I screamed and the car was quiet.

Jesus, they're both adults, but they fight like children. What the hell is wrong with the both of them?

An hour into the drive and Woohyun was sleeping while MiYeon was sprawled over the seat with her head resting on my lap.

Something's just keeping me awake. I feel pity and guilty for taking her away from Woohyun. He loves her just as much as I do, or even more, and here I am, breaking someone's love. I can survive and go on without her, I still have Sohee don't I?

Why is it that I don't want to let go? it's not because she's different. It's because she's her. She doesn't need to be skinny or have a lot of make up on to impress me. All she needs is to be MiYeon and that's all I ever want. I guess that's how Woohyun fell for her too.

How can someone not fall for someone like her? 

I never took a moment to think about this, but do I really want to marry MiYeon? Does she want to marry me?I mean, I still have a lot to experience at this age, I don't want to be bound by marriage just yet though.

Is it better if I went with Sohee like MiYeon suggested? I mean, by the time I get back, we would both have matured and we would be able to start our lives together. And I would have made enough money by then to support the both of us. We can always call or skype each other right? It's not like we'll never see each other, and there's breaks that we have to visit each other.

No, but what if I leave and that Woohyun goes and convinces her to leave me? But isn't that what i have done? Haven't my actions made her want to be with me and leave Woohyun?

----

Your POV

"MiYeon, come on, get up." Myungsoo shook me.

"Just 2 more minutes." I said and turned to bury my face into the pillow.

"Come on, my legs are numb." he said.

"Legs?" I asked and opened my eyes slightly to see that we're still in the car.

"Oh dear lord. I'm so sorry!" I said.

I've been sleeping on him the whole time. My god. Did I snore? Did my mouth open? Oh my god.

"It's okay." he said and opened the door to get out.

"Where's Woohyun?" I asked as the driver helped us take our luggages.

"He already got dropped off at his place." Myungsoo replied and began taking the things inside the apartment.

"It feels nice to be back." I said while we were in the lift.

"It is isn't it? Now we can have as much y time as we want!" he joked and moved closer and winking in a suggestive way.

"Yeah, no." I said and walked out the doors.

"Tch, you know you want to okay?" he said and went to open the door for me.

"Just hurry and take a shower. We've been in the car for ages." I said and pushed him towards the bathroom.

"Do you want to join me babe?" he asked.

"I don't want boy germs." I said and shoved him inside the bathroom.

"Don't miss me too much! I'll come out soon!" he screamed inside the shower

I went to call Dongwoo to catch up with him.

"Yo yo yo!" he answered in his usual sing song voice.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Just got home from work. God. I wish I was in high school again." he sighed.

"Sounded like fun."

"What did you do back home? Did you get any y time? Intro him to the parents yet?" he asked and I can just imagine him raising his eyebrows at me.

"No. But guess who I saw?" I asked.

"Who?"

"Cheolyong." I said.

"No. Way. Are you serious? Did you kick him in the nuts?" he asked.

"No. I'm not that violent you know." I said.

"Yeah right. Explains why i get bruises when I'm with you." he said.

"Whatever! And Woohyun's been weird as well. He's so mean! He ditches me for girls and he fights with me and this morning, he even has a bruised lip. He probably had some good time with those village girls." I said.

"He's jealous you idiot! Can't you see he's trying to make you jealous? Do I have to teach you these things? I thought girls were experts at this stuff!" he said.

"Well, I don't think he would want me to be jealous, because there is no point. And he's an idiot." I said.

"See, you are jealous. That's why you're insulting him!" Dongwoo said.

"I am not jealous!" I yelled.

"Whatever whatever Miss Jealous. Anyways, What is mom (a/n L's new drama. sob he looks so beautiful) is on, I better go and watch it now. Toodles~" he said and hung up on me.

"You're not jealous about what?" Myungsoo asked, coming out of the shower with his boxers and towel drying his hair.

"I don't think you remember that I am a girl." I said and tried to divert my eyes away from him.

"What's wrong? Don't girls have hormones too? Do they go crazy ? I know you want to see it MiYeon. It's okay. A peek would be fine." he said and walked closer.

"Oh my god you are such a e! I need to shower!" I said and tried to run past him.

"Hey hey! COME BACK! I'm not done with you yet!" he said but I already locked the door.

That was close. Jesus. I think my ovaries are going to die if he keeps doing that. 

Crap. I didn't even bring a towel in. I opened the door slowly and peeped out, making clear that it is safe to walk out, that no Myungsoo's is going to appear.

"Looking for something?" he asked while dangling the towel infront of me, still in just his boxers.

"Thank you." I said and tried to snatch it off him but he raised it above his head.

"You're not getting this unless you give me a kiss." he said and tapped his cheek.

"There's more than one towel in this place. I don't need yours." I said and walked away but he trapped me back.

"MiYeon, be nice. Or else I will never ever let you sleep with me anymore!" he said.

"Wow, I am so terrified. I slept by myself for many years. I can cope with it darling." I said and tried to push him aside.

"No you can't. If you're not going to kiss me, other girls will! So don't regret it!" he said.

"I don't mind." I smiled.

"Aish, this girl. What kind of girlfriend are you? You're supposed to be jealous when I say those things!" he said and stomped his feet.

"Thank you." I said and took the towel off him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I knew you wanted to do that! I knew it!!" he screamed from outside the bathroom.

"Whatever floats your boat!" I said and stepped inside the shower.

I was humming to myself, careful not to sing, incase I ruin his hearing. It's nice to finally have a warm shower again.

I dried my hair and walked out to see him watching tv.

"You're really not going to change into normal people's clothes?" I asked.

"And you're never going to wear my clothes but just Woohyun's?" he asked.

"That's coz your clothes are too small!" I said.

"So? They'll compliment your curves!" he said.

I shook my head at him and went to place the towel in the laundry basket.

I went to the balcony with a jacket and looked outside at the city landscape.

I wonder if I could ever show my parents a place like this. I just need a stable job and I'll show them, one day.

"What's my beautiful thinking about?" he asked as he placed his chin on my shoulder and hugged me close.

"Mhm, nothing much." I smiled at him.

"This is nice, right?" he asked.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK~ Who the hell comes to our place at this time?

"Oppa! Open up!!" Sohee yelled.

Of course. She just has to come at this moment.

He went to open the door and she rushed inside.

"Can we talk? In private?" she asked and eyed me.

"I'll just be running to the cafe downstairs. Catch you two later." I said.

"No no, there shouldn't be anything to talk in private about." he said and pulled me back.

"Myungsoo, I need to talk to you." Sohee said but looked at me.

I peeled Myungsoo's arm off and went to take my wallet and went downstairs.

I ordered hot chocolate and went to sit in the far corner of the cafe. I always liked this seat the best. Not only does it not have a window where everyone is passing and seeing you devour your beverage, but it's the lonliest and dimmest part of this area. The cafe is too bright and too cheerful sometimes.

"Oppa, don't do this." a girl said to her boyfriend.

"Aish, stop being so clingy. I hate girls like you the most." the boy said to her and walked out.

Some people are just so heartless. I drank the hot chocolate and read one of the old magazines the cafe has.

"MiYeon-ssi." someone said.

"Yes?" I asked as I look up to see Sohee.

"Is it alright if we have a talk?" she asked.

I nodded and she sat down across from me.

"I knew this would happen, so I prepared this earlier." she said and handed me a little note book.

"What is this?" I asked.

"I came over to ask Myungsoo to go to France with me." she said.

I didn't even want to open the note book, afraid something is going to break me.

"And he said?" I asked.

"He refused. I knew that someone like Myungsoo wouldn't leave his love behind. So I prepared some notes for you." she said.

"And what are they for?" I asked.

"It's just some things Myungsoo likes and doesn't like. i tried to make it as brief and simple as possible. Please take care of him for me while I'm gone." she said with sincerity.

"You do really like him don't you." I said.

"Of course. Did you think I was faking this entire time?" She asked, looking offended.

"No no! I didn't mean it in that way!" I said.

"Well, since Myungsoo chose you instead of me, you need to at least put some effort in." she said and took the note book off me.

"First thing, Myungsoo hates sweet stuff. He only likes to drink bitter coffee." she explained.

"Then how come he couldn't handle the latte I gave him? I even put sugar in it!" I said.

"You pea brain, it was too sweet. Excuse me! Can I please have an americano with double shots of expresso?" she asked the worker and they nodded, taking her order.

"Two, the thing he likes the most is when the girl isn't shy. He likes to have skinships, so hug him, kiss him and hold his hands a lot." she said.

The waitress came out with the coffee and sets it on the table.

"Start drinking these kind of coffees. These are the ones he likes, and he finds it attractive when women can drink strong coffee." she said and passed me the drink.

I took a sip and almost died. The bitterness curled my tastebuds and I could feel my tongue dehydrating. This is the coffee that he likes? No wonder he was making a face when i gave him the latte. It was way too sweet for him. Stupid stupid me.

"Third, whenever you're hungry, he'll offer to take you out for dinner. But remember to refuse and tell him to make his ramen. He likes it best when his girl eats the only thing he can make and that is edible, ramen." she said.

I nodded, taking mental notes of all these things.

"Also, he hates it when the girl he likes talk or thinks about another guy. Once, I was thinking of my partner for one of my assignments, and he got so jealous that he confronted the guy and a fight was about to happen. I know, he's a jealous freak." she said and shook her head, laughing at the memory.

What the hell am I doing? I'm breaking her heart because I'm too selfish.

"i can convince him to go to France with you." i suggested, but I had a regretful feeling right after I said it.

"He wouldn't go, trust me. That would just make him insecure about himself, that his girl wants him to leave. Oh, and lastly, he likes it when the girl is really cheesy. Sometimes, he won't react to it, but inside, he's squealing. Take him to picnics,parks or whatever. Tell him that you love him occasionally and all that." she said.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"The flight was delayed until mid way next month since I have to stay back for Myungsoo's graduation." she said.

I nodded in understanding and tried to go over the things she said in my head.

"Anyways, I have to go now." she said and handed me the note book and left.

I went to pay and kept the note book inside my pocket.

I took the stairs up back to our apartment and knocked on the door.

"Latte again?" he asked.

" Nope." I said and left the cup on the table.

"Mhm, my favourite." he said after taking a sip.

"Why didn't you say yes to go with her?" I asked.

"Because I don't want to leave you." he said and walked over to the bed.

"But you just threw away your future because of me! You can come and visit me  during breaks!" i argued.

"I don't want to go. There's no point to have a successful future but not have you there." he said.

"I will be there! You can return back to Korea once you're done!" I said and sat on the bed.

"MiYeon, I don't want to go because I don't want to fall for Sohee. I want to start a new life with you. Is that too much?" he asked.

I thought back to what she said. He gets insecure about when the person he loves tells him to go. And he likes skinship. Cheesiness. 

"I was just saying, but really, i want you to stay here." I said and held onto his hand.

"Really now?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Yeaps." i said and pecked his lips.

"Good night Myunggie." I said and pulled the cover over my face, hugging him.

"Myunggie?"

---

a/n: im so tired

omggggggggg i should stop updating so late at night

i swear! ill finish this fic and then finish the others lol

i shouldn't have made so made

i'm on hiatus for all of them ;~; sob

ANYWAYS~~

pleae comment guys <3

yes

do it

do it for wooya

because they love you

just like how i love you

do it~~

ok that was manipulation at it's worst LOL