Chapter 11

Our 69th date

Your POV

The next morning, I walked to school with a throbbing headache and puffy eyes.

"Woah, what happened to you?" some of the people in class asked.

"Ah nothing." I said and sat into one of the seats, trying to doze off before the lecturer come.

"Here, have some." Sohee said and passed me a cold can of coffee.

"Thanks!" I smiled and opened it to drink.

Ah, so refreshing.

"Kids, wake up!" The lecturer said as he made his way into class.

"Today, we will have a senior in here to present his presentation. Please make Mr Nam feel welcomed!" he said and Woohyun walked in.

Urgh, out of all people, he just had to come. I sank back into my seat, trying to dodge the lecturer's piercing gaze so I can sleep for a bit.

"I would like to have a volunteer to help me further prove my points." he said loudly and asked for volunteers. 

Heaps of girls raised their hands enthusiastically, while screaming "oppa choose me!". What's so special about Woohyun? Actually, I should ask myself that, I'm the one who've been dating him for a while now.

"Oh MiYeon! Please come and help me!" he yelled and my eyes shot right opened.

Crap, crap crap crap. Why out of all people? Sohee is here too, why doesn't he choose her? Why??

"MiYeon, you heard him, hurry!" the lecturer scolded and I made my way down to him with deflated shoulders.

"Out of all people you chose me?" I hissed at him.

"Thank you beautiful student fo volunteering. Now, please do as I instruct." he said and gave me a list of things to do to further prove that he's right. 

He's always wrong in my eyes.

"Thank you Mr Nam for such a wonderful presentation. You kids have a lot to learn from this sunbae. Maybe you should book a few tutoring classes with him." the lecturer chuckled with tons of shameless girls screaming in joy at the offer.

He dismissed us and everyone began rushing outside, ready to finally go home. Uni is so much better than high school, you don't have to be trapped there for so long all the time. Unless you want to go through every single lecture of course, which I learnt is unnecessary anyways.

"Do you want some coffee? As friends?" Woohyun asked, flashing his million dollar smile while helping me pack up my things.

I followed him, struggling to make it through the girls in my class who were trying to give their numbers to him to tutor them. Like they can study anything anyways.

"Are they back together again?" "Wah, they really are an item huh! Never inseperable!!" "Wasn't it like a few months away from each other?"  People began whispering behind us as we walked together.

"I don't think this is such a good idea after all." I said when more people started muttering things.

"Of course it is! Stop thinking so much." he said and took my bag from me and told me to get on the motorbike.

"You better hold on tight." he said and zoomed off.

After the years of being with him I've learnt to not hold on tight when his adrenaline kicks in and he drives like that. I held tightly on the handles on the back seat and prayed to God I will make it alive.

"You didn't hold on tight." he frowned and took off his helmet.

I took my bag with me and walked inside the cafe first, leaving him behind.

"An iced Americano and one chocolate milkshake would do thanks." I said to the waiter.

"He is totally checking you out!" Woohyun said childishly when the waiter walked off.

"Why did you suddenly ask me out today?" I asked him, getting straight to the point.

"I miss you. Can't I spend some time with you?" he asked with crossed brows.

"Then you shouldn't have left in the first place." I said to him and bowed politely to the waiter for bringing the drinks.

"I didn't realize how stupid I was back then, that's why I want you back now." he said.

"You want me back because Sohee left you for Myungsoo." I said.

"No, that's not true." he said and looked away.

It's so obvious he's lying, after all these years, does he think I not know when he's telling the truth or not? I sat back and admired the scenery in the cafe while he was fidgeting.

"Why won't you take me back?" he asked me in a slightly angry tone.

"Where were you?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

"All i wanted was for you to hug me and tell me that everything is okay, but where were you? You were with her. You were spending and create happy memories while I was withering in pain with our memories. Tell me Woohyun, how can I take you back?" I asked him bluntly.

If there weren't so many people right here, I don't know if I could contain these tears, but for my reputation's sake, I up every last tear that was threatening to fall.

"Waiter!" he called and paid for our drinks without getting the change.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" he asked me on the motorbike.

"You wouldn't have understood anyways." I said.

"Why don't you try explaining it to me now?" he asked.

"You were apart of me. Waking up to you was apart of my daily routine, having you and being happy was a part of my life, do you know how much it hurts when you turned away like that?" I asked.

"Of course you wouldn't know, your whole life, you've recieved happiness, what would you know?" I said with tears already falling.

"Yes, I do know. When Sohee left me for Myungsoo, I felt that pain too. I felt how much it hurts to see the one you love walk away like that." he said.

"Didn't it hurt when I didn't bother fighting for you to come back?" I asked him.

"Not nearly as much." he said and drove even faster.

"Yeah, I thought so too." I said.

"But if Sohee didn't leave, then I wouldn't have known your pain, then I wouldn't have bothered coming back. Aren't you glad I'm back though?" he asked and I saw his sheepish grin through the mirror.

"No, I wish you never left in the first place." I said and slowly wrapped my arms around his waist.

How long has it been since I could hug him like this? Whenever I was tired or not in a good mood, I would ask him for a drive around town or something, and it would make me feel so much better. But for the past few months, there was no Woohyun, no adrenaline rush, nothing. Today, right now, it feels as if all my pain and worries are washed away, along with the wind.

I handed him the helmet and he went to park it in his house's driveway. Woohyun grew up from a wealthy family, so it was expected of him to have such a large house just to himself. When we were together, he would have parties and sometimes, he even brings girls over. Those times, I spent my time with Dongwoo, and that was when he confessed to me. Then I avoided him and only met him until recently when we saw each other at the supermarket.

"No more parties? Or am I wrong'?" I asked him.

"Why didn't you ever tell me to stop when I had those parties and brought girls over." he asked and sat down with me.

"Because, you wouldn't have stopped anyways." i said.

"You never know." he said and held my hand. I quickly pulled it away.

"I think I should leave first." I said and tried to grab my bag.

"It isn't right to miss someone who doesn't miss you right? I finally understand what people mean when they say that you never know what you have until you lose it." he said and sat with his head resting on the couch.

"You shouldn't have left." I said with my back to him.

"Don't you want me back?" he asked.

"Of course I do, but I need time too Woohyun." I said to him,

"Why can't we start over again? From today?" he asked me.

I reconsidered his offer and slowly sat back down, being careful incase if he plays any tricks.

"How are you?" he asked as he took some beer cans out from the fridged and offered me one.

After remembering last night's horrible incident with me and Dongwoo and the huge headache, I don't think I woul be consuming any alcohol for a long while. I shook my head at his offer and he sat beside me.

"I've been good actually. Yourself?" I asked.

"How did you move on so quickly?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"How could you have moved on from me so quickly? I mean, it took me a while to forget you, or at least try to forget you, but you just left with Myungsoo like that." he whispered softly as he hugged me tightly.

"Woohyun, I think you're a little drunk." I said and pushed him off.

"You always liked my hugs, and now, after a few months, you shun me away like that. You want to be with him right now don't you?" he asked and opened another can.

"No, it's not like that, just stop being so jealous for no reason." I said to him.

"Have you guys done...anything together?" he asked me.

"NO! WHAT THE HELL! What kind of girl do you think I am?" I asked him. How could he even think of me that way?

"Geez, I'm sorry alright, there's just, a lot of rumours." he said and drank more and more.

"How was it with Sohee?" I asked him.

"Did you even miss me?" he asked me as he looked at me with his droopy eyes.

"Missing you made me feel stupid, so i tried not to." I said.

"So, I really have no chance do I?" he asked and placed his 4th can down.

"I need to figure out some things first." I said.

"Can't you figure them out now?" he asked and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Woohyun, just give me some time." I said.

He leaned closer to me, closer and closer, close enough for me to smell his cologne. 

"Woohyun, let's not do this." I said and turned away just in time for his lips to press gently on my left cheek.

"Your lips are like alcohol, and I want to get drunk." he said with lust and gently, but firmly grabbed hold of my jawline and pulled it towards his face.

His eyes closed shut and his lips touched mine softly. It wasn't a hungry, passionate kiss. It was more of a sorrowful kiss. This was our first kiss together, usually, it would be a peck on my cheek or forehead and that's the furthest we would go. Even if I wanted to pull away, I couldn't, at the same time. It's not easy. It's been so long since he held me like this, allowing me to feel numb from my worries and nightmares, it feels so good that I can't pull away. his touch is like an addiction, like alcohol to an alcoholic and a cigarette to a smoker.

"I knew you couldn't resist me." he laughed and began kissing me again.

My mind kept telling me that this is wrong, that I'm cheating on Myungsoo. But why would I be? He's the one who isn't clear with his feelings, the one who lead me on and crushed me like we were nothing. But he was also the one who made me forget my pain from Woohyun, the one who actually made me feel love.

"Woohyun, I can't do this anymore." I said when my senses finally kicked back in, slapping away the lust exerted from Woohyun.

"Why?" he asked as he pulled himself closer to me, our faces just inches apart.

"Tell me why you love me." I said to him and looked right into his eyes.

"Your lips, your hair, your face, you. There's nothing not to love when I look at you." he whispered sensually, lips dangerously close to mine with his wavy fringe brushing against my fore head.

"Woohyun, that's infatuation, not love." I said and gently pushed him off.

"And can you not say that it was infatuation for you too?" he asked and spunned me around to face him.

"I loved you, because you were you. You weren't like the rest of the idiots out there. But clearly for you, I'm just another pretty face." I said.

"You're so much more than that, just let me show you." he pleaded.

"What happens if I didn't look like this? What happens if years from now, I got into a car accident and I'm not beautiful anymore. You would leave again?" I asked him.

His hands dropped off my shoulders and he looked away.

"So that's all you think of my love?" he asks, as if that act will make me feel guilty of my words.

"Come back to me when your love isn't blinded with looks." I said and kissed his cheek before walking out the door and calling a cab to go back to the apartment.

I looked inside my bag for my keys but I couldn't find them. Aish, how could I forget such things? I knocked on the door, hoping Myungsoo would be home. I knocked several times before I heard someone grunt annoyingly and went to open the door. Sohee greeted me with an uncomfortable smile before making way for me to walk inside.

She's been around here alot with him, and to be honest, I don't want to see him with anyone else but me. Just me. But he doesn't seem to get my point of view. 

I chucked my bag on the floor and went to shower while the two snuggled to watch a romantic film. I quietly went to change before doing my homework, trying to not get distracted by the two.

"Hey, did you want to join us?" Myungsoo asked when he came to the kitchen and got a refil of popcorn.

"Nah, it's alright, I have tons of homework."  I said.

"It seems as though you're already done though." He said and looked at the completed files on the table.

"Come on, it'll be fun." he said and dragged me outside.

"Alright, let's watch a scary movie next." he said and a scary movie we both already watched. Sohee kept screaming throughout the film which ruined the whole thing. She held onto him tightly and kept screaming oppa. Some girls are just, sigh, i don't even know how to describe them.

Myungsoo suddenly held on my hand tightly.

"I know you're scared too." he whispered to me.

I pulled my hand away from him and walked away from the two to go to bed. I plopped onto the bed, since Sohee doesn't live here, the bed's been unoccupied for sometime. Why did he do that before? And why didn't I feel the electric adrenaline that I have usually when he would do those things?

---

a/n: hey hey! this is an update :3 keke please comment <3