Chapter 15

Our 69th date

Your POV

"Two strawberry double scoops, and 2 chocolate single scoop thanks!" i ordered.

"Coming right up!" the guy behind the counter smiled began scooping the flavoured ice cream.

I handed him the money before getting the cones and quickly running back to the van.

"Yah, what took you so long?" Sohee groaned when Woohyun went to open the door for me.

"Sorry, the line was really  long! Strawberry for me and Woohyun, and chocolate for Myungsoo and Sohee." I read out the order and passed everyone their cones.

"Wah, MiYeon! How come you have more than everyone here?" Sohee asked.

"You asked for one scoop though." I reasoned.

"She doesn't have more than anyone, I have 2 scoops as well." Woohyun said with ice cream around his mouth.

"Idiot, you got ice cream all around you mouth."I chuckled and wiped his mouth.

"Gross." Myungsoo said and pretended to puke.

"MiYeon-ah, aren't you scared of being fat? Eating all that? It's not good for you." Sohee targeted me again.

I actually don't know if she's my friend or not anymore. She shows a smile but the words she says are lethal.

"Mhm, I'll take it into consideration for next time." I smiled at her and continued eating.

"Hey, don't worry about her. You look beautiful anyways, no need to worry. Only ugly people need to worry about those things." Woohyun whispered to me.

"Who are you calling ugly?" Sohee asked and whipped her head back.

"Aish, you're so noisy." Myungsoo said annoyed.

"Let's play a movie in here." I said, trying to lighten up the mood and gave a dvd to Sohee to put into the DVD player.

The movie began playing and everyone was quiet. Sohee seemed to be totally intrigued and absorbed into the movie while Woohyun was concentrating on his ice cream an Myungsoo was just looking outside the window.

I finished the icecream and stared intently at the horror movie on the screen. Woohyun held onto my hand tightly when a scary scene came up. It seems as though he's the scared one as his face was disgusted when facing the screen. While Myungsoo was tightly holding onto my other hand while sleeping. With both guys holdly on tightly I released a burdened sigh and closed my eyes. It's going to be one heck of a ride for sure.

"MiYeon ah, wake up." Someone said and shook me.

"Yah, stop being so lazy and get up!" someone else said.

I opened my eyes lazily to see that we have already arrived and I was sleeping on the couch.

"Yah, did you know how much of a hassle it was for Myungsoo to carry you in here?" Sohee asked me.

"Sorry."I said to Myungsoo with a shameful look.

"It's alright kid." he smiled and ruffled my hair.

"When did we arrive here?" I asked.

"5 minutes ago. Literally." Woohyun said carrying the bags inside.

"You should've just woke me up, you didn't need to carry me in here." I said, looking at Myungsoo.

"Yeah, that's what I said as well." Sohee mumbled.

"Anyways. Now that we're all here. Let's figure out who's going to sleep in who's room!" Woohyun said.

"I bag sleeping in the room with MiYeon!" Myungsoo yelled out randomly, earning a glare from Sohee which he ignores.

"Yah! Does that even make sense? You're dating Sohee, so you should be sleeping in the same room as her!" Woohyun argued.

"Who would you want to spend the nights with MiYeon?" Myungsoo asked, looking at me with loving eyes.

"I don't mind." i smiled at him.

"Let's settle this like real men." Woohyun said and held out his fist.

"Kai, bai, bo!" they both chanted and Myungsoo released a groan after realizing he lost.

"Yeobo, let's go." Woohyun said to me and brought me upstairs.

"Is this place yours?" I asked him when we were inside.

"Nah, it's my brother's but I come here often to check on it." he said and took his shirt off.

I blushed and turned the other way.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry." He said and quickly put his shirt back on.

He rummaged through his luggage and got out a pair of pants and a shirt and went to change.

"You can, um, change in here. I'll wait."he said and rushed to get inside the bathroom.

I wore on a pair of loose jeans and one of Woohyun's old shirts and re-tied my hair into a ponytail.

"Can I come back in now?" Woohyun asked and knocked on the door.

"Yeah." I said and he opened the door.

"Wah, you still kept this thing?" He asked and looked at the shirt.

I smiled at him before going to put on some perfume. We walked downstairs to greet the others.

"I'm hungry." I whined.

"Looking like that and still hungry?" Sohee snickered.

"Well if you're not hungry Sohee, then us three will eat alone alright?" I said to her.

"Let's have bbq meat today?" Woohyun suggested.

"Did you bring food though?" I asked him.

"Yeah, everything except meat and drinks." he said.

"Ah Woohyun, what am I going to do with you? You prepare the food and we'll go and buy the meat and drinks ok?" I asked and held onto Myungsoo's hand to lead him outside.

While we were walking halfway down the road, i realized we were still holding hands so I tried to let go.

"Can't we just hold hands like we used to?" he asked and looked at me with hurt eyes.

"No." I said and pulled away.

"Why did you have to change?" he asked.

"I should be asking you that." I said and walked ahead.

We quickly bought some meat and soft drinks and returned back home. The trip back home was awkward and extremely quiet.

"Meat's here!" I shouted excitedly when we got back.

"You sure took your time huh?" Woohyun joked and took the meat off us.

An hour later, the food was prepared and everyone was settling down to eat.

"Oh, you're joining us Sohee?" Woohyun asked when Sohee sat down.

"What, did you want me to starve to death?" she asked.

We ate whole heartedly thanks to Woohyun's cooking skills.

"Your cooking still hasn't changed. Still as good as ever." I complimented him once I was done.

Myungsoo showed a discomforted look and walked out side.

"Well I'm going to clean up. So see you up stairs later." Woohyun said and stood up to pack the other things.

"I'm going to get some beauty treatment." Sohee said and took her purse.

"You might want to consider staying there for a while." Woohyun teased but she just stormed out on him.

"Do you want some help?" I asked him.

"Nah it's ok. Go have a walk on the beach.  Look at the view." He said and concentrated on the dishes.

"Well I'll see you later." I said and walked outside.

The beach house was right near the beach so there was no need of asking for directions. The ocean's soft breeze waffled a fishy smell and a relaxing sound of the waves kissing the shore line. I walked towards the shore where the water brushed against my ankles. It felt so peaceful, a solace place that anyone can rely on to wash away their worries and sorrows. But it didn't seem to work that way for me.

Right now, there's two men in my life who are equally important as each other, but one doesn't have feelings for me, where as the other does. But thing is, I only have strong feelings for one of them. And it's the one that I shouldn't be falling for.

In the far distance, there's a black, slim silhouette, that's sitting with his feet spread, allowing the water to come and graze against them. I walked towards the figure that didn't seem to notice my existence. When I finally reached a few metres distance from the person, I could see that it's Myungsoo. He was searching for pebbles and shells in the sand and throwing them into the ocean.

"What's wrong?" I asked and sat down next to him.

He was jumpy when he heard my voice but his face was blank.

"Nothing." he said.

"Don't you think it's beautiful out here?" I asked, looking into the sky that's been painted with stars.

"Do you like me MiYeon?" he asked me.

"Of course! You're a great guy." I said.

"No, not as a friend, or a male figure. But as someone you could love." he asked and turned to face me.

---

Myungsoo's POV

I've asked her this question many times, but it seems as though this time is the time that I anticipate her honest answer the most. I'm nervous and can feel as if I'm shaking literally. I know I like, no, I know I love Sohee, but I feel as if her answer can change that. I'm praying she doesn't say no.

"No." she said after staring into the sky.

"Aha, yeah, that's what I thought as well." I said awkwardly.

After leaving her for Sohee, of course she wouldn't like me. But I can't help but feel as if she's lying to me. I thought of the times we spent together, the kisses we shared, the time when her friend Dongwoo said I shouldn't give her mixed signals. I calculated it all so well in my head. I was so sure that she liked me. Why would I be wrong?

Why am I disappointed in her answer? Don't I see her as a friend? A sister? But then again, you wouldn't go kissing and holding hands with your sister, nor will your blood boil when she's with another guy.

"Are you lying to me?" I asked her.

"No." she said and darted her gaze away from me.

"What if, I like you?" I asked and she perked up.

"It's still a no." she said firmly and shook her head, as if by doing that she can shake away bad thoughts.

"Liking someone isn't a choice you can make MiYeon, nor can you make a choice to not like that person." I said to her and she stayed silent.

"So, let me ask again, do you like me?" I asked and forced her to look at me.

She blinked a few times, taking in what I said and thinking about what her answer should be. Finally, she nodded and I could feel a smile creeping up.

"Yeah, I thought so." I said and leaned in to give her a kiss.

----

Your POV

"You're already blushing." he teased when he let go of the kiss.

"Yeah, if that's what you think." I said and stood up, ready to go back.

"Tell me you like me again. I couldn't hear it before." he said.

"No." I said.

"Please, please, please. I like MiYeon!! Your turn!" he said.

"I like MiYeon as well." I joked.

"Come on, say it." he pleaded.

"Nope." I said and ran inside the house.

"Hey, where did you guys go?" Woohyun asked while staring at the TV showing Pororo.

"We went to look at the beach. The breeze is really cool!" I said and sat next to him.

"Mhm, you should see it when the sun rises!I'll wake you earlier tomorrow." he said.

"Yeah ok! Then we better go to sleep now!" I said and glanced at the clock.

"Are you sure you should be sleeping with Woohyun and not me?" Myungsoo asked.

I shot him a death glare and Woohyun gave a confused look.

"Yes I'm very sure." I said and linked arms with Woohyun to go upstairs.

---

a/n: please comment guys? sorry if it's a really awkward chapter D;