Goodbye

Our 69th date

Myungsoo’s POV

“WHAT? YOU SOLD OUT?” I screamed at the worker at the wedding dress shop.

“I apologize sir, but another person has already bought it.” the worker bowed.

“WHO BOUGHT IT?” I asked.

“Sorry, but we are not allowed to reveal the information of our customers without their permission.” she said.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This can not be happening.

“But, who is this lady? Didn’t you come with another lady last week?” she asked.

“Right! Did the girl I come with last time buy it? Did she?” I asked.

MiYeon must have bought it because I didn’t marry her, and she wants revenge, right? I knew it.

“No sir, a male came in and bought it a few hours ago.” she informed.

“I see.” I sighed.

“Well, I guess we have to go elsewhere.” I said to Sohee.

“I don’t mind.” she smiled at me.

“Sir, do you still want the suit from last time?” the worker asked.

I looked at the suit, remembering when MiYeon and I was joking around. I really did raise her hopes and crushed them, didn’t I? She was smiling so much when we were taking photos as a couple. I shouldn’t have left. Why did I listen to Woohyun?

——-

Your POV

“Thank you.” I smiled to Woohyun.

“You owe me big time." Woohyun said, handing over the dress to me.

I took it off him and looked at it silently.

"Well, I'll give you some time." he said and walked out of the door.

I looked for my phone and searched for the photos of us in the wedding costumes. I opened the bag and carefully laid out the dress. I the material softly as I think about that day. That day, may as well be the best and worst day of my life. I really thought he would have proposed.

Where did I go wrong?

The pictures really did convince me to think that we are a couple. Out of all people, why did I have to meet him? Why did I have to meet someone I know is right, but doesn't think the same way about me? Why did he have to leave? Why? There's too many questions, and I just wish someone would answer just one of them.

Why did he have to take me out and act like a couple with me? He shouldn't have.

----

Myungsoo's POV

With the dress being sold out, the preparation for the wedding became more chaotic. It was hard for us to find another dress, but we did. It wasn't exactly like what I had wanted originally, but it was close. Looking at Sohee trying on the dress, I can't help but think that MiYeon looks better in it.

MiYeon was supposed to be my bride, not Sohee, she's supposed to be here with me, but I still chose Sohee for her sake.

----

Your POV

Another week had passed and the wedding invitations were beginning to be given out.

"MiYeon ah, what do you think of this dress?" Sohee asked while we shopped for the dress of the bride's maid.

"I don't mind, it's up to you." I said awkwardly.

"How about this one?" she asked, holding up a yellow dress.

"Ah, I don't think Myungsoo would like that." I said.

"Oh, you're right." she said, picking out other dreses.

She scanned through different shops, until she found one. And I cannot even tell you how glad I am that she found that dress. I couldn't walk anymore. It felt as if my legs were going to break off if I walked anymore.

I tried on the dress and walked out.

"Perfect." Sohee smiled and immediately bought the dress.

"Woohyun is going to be your date to the wedding right?" Sohee asked while driving.

"Yeah, I guess if he's not busy." I said.

"MiYeon, if you want, I suppose I can back off. I mean, I did hurt Myungsoo from the beginning, it's okay if you want him back." she said.

I thought about this for a moment. Obviously I wanted to scream yes, but I couldn't. I can't bare the sight of not seeing Myungsoo happy. I haven't seen him smile that much since he's been with Sohee.

"Don't worry about me." I said.

I regretted it as soon as I said it, but I don't want to sacrifice Myungsoo for my sake.

-----

Myungsoo's POV

The days were passing by faster, and before I knew it, the wedding day is already here. Guests from Sohee's family and mine's were gathering slowly at the church.

I was becoming much more anxious. People were congratulating every two minutes, but I couldn't even congratulate myself.

"You bastard, do you know how long you've made her wait? And you tell me that you are slowly developing feelings for Sohee as well?" Woohyun asked over the phone.

"It's just that I haven't seen MiYeon for so long, and I've been spending a lot of time with Sohee." I explained.

"If you were going to leave, then why did you make MiYeon wait for you?" he asked.

"I'm not leaving her! I'm just saying that it's hard to choose right now." I said.

"Honestly, because she was happy, I backed off. If you didn't make her happy, I would have already taken your spot by now." Woohyun said.

"What's your point?"

"My point is, don't you see who's better for her? What if you start liking Sohee again and leave her? What if you need to go back to France? While I can stay here and I don't have anyone else."Woohyun said.

"No matter what, I'll still be a better option than you, anyday." I gritted through my teeth.

"Just think about it dude." Woohyun said and hung up.

"Myungsoo-ah, Myungsoo-ah!!" Dongwoo said, shaking me.

"Ah, hey!" I smiled.

"Why isn't MiYeon the bride?" he asked seriously.

"We didn't go down the right track." I said.

"If it wasn't your wedding today, I would kill you. You jerk. Made her wait all this time, for nothing." Dongwoo hissed and walked past me, bumping me on the way.

Others came and congratulated me like the usual. I looked over to the photos of me and Sohee in our suit and dress. Oh how I would love MiYeon to be my bride.

But Woohyun is right, I can't just think of myself. MiYeon needs a bright future too.

----

Your POV

"MiYeon-ah, I'm so scared." Sohee said, beginning to tear up.

"You can't cry now, the wedding is starting in a few minutes!!" I said.

"But I'm so scared I'm going to trip or say something wrong." she stuttered.

"Sohee, just don't worry okay?" I comforted her before rushing into the church to stand with the other bridesmaids.

I glanced over to Myungsoo. He was handsome as always. I'm supposed to be the bride, not the bridesmaid.

----

Myungsoo's POV

I could see MiYeon quickly running in. She looks so beautiful and elegant. I never noticed it, but she really did change. Her hair is certainly longer, she's become extremely thin now, and she looks dead. Basically. She doesn't have life in her anymore, is it because of me? Is it because of my high expectations?

The melody of the piano echoed the church as the bride made her way in. I turned around to see Sohee with her father. Instead of thinking of Sohee, I thought of MiYeon instead. I thought of how she had been waiting to be my bride, but then got disappointed. I thought of her facial expression when I said I was going to propose to Sohee. I thought of the way she smiled when we were together, and when the way she smiled sadly when I left.

"Do you, Kim Myungsoo, take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife..." the priest said and carried on about the usual stuff.

"I do." I said.

He said the same to Sohee, and she said the same thing as I did.

"If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace." he said finally.

I was praying that MiYeon would object, but she didn't.

"I pronounce you, husband and wife. The groom may now kiss the bride." the priest said.

I looked over to see MiYeon with her eyes looking towards the ground.

----

Your POV

I can't witness the sight of the two kissing. If I do, I think I might cry, so I thought it was best for me to just look away.

The kiss was short, I assumed, as the audience clapped wildly.

The ceremony was over, and people were slowly going back home, before going to the evening event.

I caught a cab and got home as quick as possible, there was no way I could have stayed there any longer.

-----

Myungsoo's POV

Sohee and I arrived at the venue of the evening feast, and began preparing for the guests to come. Sohee went to change, and so did I. The tables were set, and we had to check if there was anything missing.

The hours flew by and the guests were pouring in again. Slowly, the tables were being filled, and I was tired of getting pictures with the guests.

"Wait a second, I need to go to the bathroom." Sohee said and quickly walked away.

As soon as she walked off, MiYeon came. She looks amazing, as usual. She didn't need much to look beautiful. She smiled and waved at me.

"Congratulations." she said, giving me a tight hug.

"Thank you! Did you want to take a photo with me?" I asked.

"Oh yeah sure." she smiled and we looked at the camera man.

He snapped multiple photos before it was someone elses turn to have their photos taken.

"Well, I better go now." she said, pointing towards Woohyun.

I looked at her closely, and her eyes were puffy. Did she get something in her eye?

"Oh, um yeah." I said.

"Did I miss anything?" Sohee asked when she returned.

I shook my head and waited for the night to end.

-----

Your POV

The food kept comng and I busied myself with it instead of focusing on the couple. They travelled from table to table to greet the guests, and they finally came to ours. I cunningly dodged the conversation by talking to Woohyun. Thank god he's here, or else I would probably be stuck having to talk to the two.

They pass us and went to other tables before the dj played a slow melody.

"And now, welcoming onto the stage for their solo dance, the bride and groom!" the MC said and everyone went wild.

Sohee walked elegantly in her dress with Myungsoo onto the dance floor. Sohee had her hands around his neck, and Myungsoo held Sohee by her waist. They dance in beat to the song, and did a superb job. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. I couldn't help but smile at Sohee who was extremely happy. The dance was over and other couples were joining the dance floor.

"Want to go?" Woohyun asked.

I nodded and took his hand, following him to the dance floor. We ironically danced near Myungsoo and Sohee.

"May I have this dance?" Myungsoo asked.

I looked over to Woohyun, and he nodded, slightly pushing me foward. We exchanged partners and I danced with Myungsoo.

----

Myungsoo's POV

"Are your eyes alright?" I asked her as I examined them from a closer view.

"Yeah, why?" she asked.

Her eyes are puffy and seems red, almost.

"Well, they seem to be swelled up, did you cry before?" I asked.

----

Your POV

"No, no. I was cooking yesterday, and some chilli went into my eye." I lied.

"Ah, I see." he said, still staring at me.

Our gazes were focused on each other and in that moment, I felt myself back in time again. I was back to when I first fell for him, when we were on our first date, holding hands for the first time. He still looks amazing as ever, and it's hard to think that he's now a completely diffrent person.

"It's now time for the bride to toss her boquet, may all the ladies who aren't married come up on stage, ready to catch the boquet." the MC said/

"Well I better go now." Myungsoo chuckled and walked off.

His back walked away further from me, and I wish i could hold him back.

"Who's going to be the lucky lady today? On the count of three. One, two, three!" the MC screamed into the mic and Sohee threw the boquet. But since she's so scrawny, she couldn't throw that far, and also because I was in the front row, I was able to catch it.

"Congratulations young lady!" the MC said and the other women were returning to their seats.

"May the bride and groom make their way to the front please." the MC asked.

They walked over and were asked to cut the cake and drink the wine (A/n: you know, how they twist their arms around each other and drink from the cups of w/e in those dramas xD!).

Myungsoo held onto Sohee's hand and began to cut the cake.

-----

Myungsoo's POV

My hands were trembling as I held Sohee's hand. I couldn't stop looking over at MiYeon. Her facial expression was blank, and I don't know what that means. The guests all stood up and cheered as we cut the cake. It was time to pour the wine. I held onto Sohee's hand and helped her pour the wine. I looked over to find MiYeon, but all I could see was her back walking away from the party, through the guest, heading towards the door.

I focused back to Sohee and drank the wine with her. I felt uneasy seeing MiYeon walk away like this. Once again, the crowd went crazy, and quitened down again. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves and eating joyfully.

"I need to go out for a quick sec." I said and bolted out the doors.

----

Your POV

I could hear the door of the venue open and shutting abruptly. I turned Woohyun around and pulled him close.

----

Myungsoo's POV

MiYeon grabbed onto Woohyun and pulled him close, and I don't even want to say the next bit, but they kissed.

----

Woohyun's POV

My eyes widened as she pulled me close to her.

"Please, help me." she begged as she stayed close but didn't touch my lips.

I closed my eyes, knowing what she meant as I saw Myungsoo's figure from a distance.

"Haa, how about we go back to my place?" She asked, holding onto my hand and started laughing pretentiously.

----

Myungsoo's POV.

She held his hand and laughed, as if they were telling each other inside jokes.

Her back was slowly disappearing into the dark road, along with my happiness. I wante to chase her, and tell her that I was wrong, that I wanted to start again. But after seeing how happy she is with him, I don't think I can.

I waited until i couldn't see her figure anymore before deciding to retun back inside the venue.

"Goodbye." i muttered quietly as I smiled and opened the doors of the venue to greet the crowd.

----

A/N: AND FIC FINISHED!!

I know, it's not the ending you guys want, but I'm planning to write the rest of the ending of Sohee and Myungsoo

and then another version of MiYeon and Myungsoo ;D haha

I wanted to originally mark this as the last chapter, but I honestly cannot be bothered making another fic! haha so yeah

here is the final chapter! oh, the italic bits in this chap is the memory/flashback that myungsoo had btw! also, ths chap might be able to clear up why Myungsoo was being a jerk to MiYeon before

hehe please comment! and anticipate the MyungYeon ending later! :)

sorry if the chap is kinda weird ;~; im really sleepy since i wrote this after i got home from today T^T

oooh and it's the 21.12.12 D: crazy~~~ ahah oooh DID YOU GUYS WATCH INFINITE H AND GYU YESTERDAY!? WFIUKAJFA they are amazing. okay ill shut it now