Chapter 2

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 2:

SOYOU’S POV

“Ahh~ why does work have to involve so much work” Daehyun tiredly commented as he slumped down on our hand-me-down sofa, exhausted from doing all our chores for the day.


“Are you kidding me? It’s only 10:30! We still have the rest of the day! Stop being a lazy ” Krystal scolded removing her apron and hanging it on a hook conveniently found behind the kitchen door. Between these two it’s common for her to scold him even though she’s younger and all.

“Aisshh, whatever..”

Ok, the thing is Daehyun is someone who doesn’t always use his higher knowledge and authority when with his family, and often talks without thinking thus making him seem like an idiot, which I think he partly is. But outside the house he barely speaks with other people unless it’s absolutely necessary and would always hide his face in a mask which he bought from who-knows-where. It is black and sleek, most probably made from leather, and was curved & shaped to cover the lower half of his face but leaving a sufficient amount of space for people to have a good view of his eyes, which he expertly uses to communicate. He said that it was to hide his identity and to make it clear that he wasn’t a person you should mess with. However Krystal thought otherwise, and commented that maybe he just uses it to cover up his bad breath, yeah I'd go with that.

Although he was like that in public, he still managed to gain some pretty good friends, who somehow were able to cut into his stubborn outer shell and really get to the Daehyun you see now. The first one was Youngjae.

He’s around the same age as Daehyun and has platinum blonde hair, quite different from his dirty blonde shade, his hair parted at his crown with the majority of it joining his bangs at the left side of his side of his face creating a very mysterious yet cute image of him. He often reminds me of a cat, his feline shaped eyes and chubby cheeks do make quite an impression.

The next two were Zelo & Jongup, they are his and Youngjae’s hoobaes from school which they got to know when they spotted them dancing in one of their class rooms. Zelo, whose real name is Junhong, is a boy of 180cm and sports a cotton-candy shade of pink hair around their school. Although he’s tall his features prove that he’s just right for his age, cute wide eyes and a very fair complexion. While his “hyung”, Jongup, who is much shorter than Zelo, looks very sweet and innocent with his small eyes and cute smile. His hair though is faintly similar to Daehyun’s but longer around the sides and is in the color of chocolate brown which then directs attention to his coffee colored irises.

 

“Fine. Rest a bit then get back to work.. plus we still have classes in the afternoon.” I spoke up letting him have some freedom.

“FINALLY, someone who cares for me” The blonde said pulling my wrist and sitting me down next to him. “Noona is always better than you”

With that the youngest rolled her eyes and tsked. “She’s just feeling sorry for you since you’ll be working more than us later~” she teasingly warned and went off to do the laundry.

“Whatever” He lazily replied and puts his head on my shoulder and begins drifting into slumber. By now I’m used to this routine. He would sleep while I think.. Or fall asleep with him. I chuckle to myself as I recall that it has always been this way for the two of us.

When we were younger we would often finish our school work late because of various reasons, like cleaning the house or just being lazy. Once we finished everything, he would tiredly rest his head on my shoulder and start dozing off. Eventually I got used to it and even thought of new ways to either keep myself awake or would just drift off to sleep with him. But no matter what would happen, we would always be awakened by Krystal telling us we fell asleep on the floor again.

 

“Does this mean I get the bed all to myself now?” That was her usual line when waking us up and it works like a charm every time.

 

Those times… they never change do they?

 

“I want.. asdfvcs.. that tastes good…”

 

I stole a glance at the now snoring boy on my shoulder and decided to join him.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

“Laundry… Laundry… Laundry… Why does it have to be so hard =_= “ I say inwardly to myself as I separate our whites from the colors and put them inside our washing machine.

While I wait for the washing machine to finish its first round of clothes I decided to find myself a seat somewhere and think for a bit, probably hum a song while I’m at it.

“Na~na~na~na~..”

 Well aside from that I can go over to the living room and watch Oppa snore while Unnie pokes his head.. hehehe.. that would be fun~ but I don’t think she will, she loves Daehyun and will probably let him sleep for as long as he likes. But she loves me more though…

ಠ_ಠ

I just know it.

I giggle at my childish-ness; I’ve always had this unspoken competition with my brother to see which one of us Unnie likes more. Even though our parents all love us equally Soyou Unnie was a different case. Since Mom and Dad were always in work she practically raised us, taught us to do chores, disciplined us when we did wrong and loved us like a real sister would... Truthfully she isn’t our sister, well not blood related anyway. I remember the numerous times Mom would tell me the story of how they met unnie...

 

 

Flashback

It was a windy and stormy night as Mr. and Mrs. Jung walked down the familiar alley which they always used when going to and coming back from work. The weather seemed to worsen each minute and was proving to be quite a hassle to just cross the street because of the strong winds. As they neared their home a speeding van skidded across the road and burst open, letting out several men. These men were dressed all in black and were covered from head to toe; in the midst of these mysterious men was a battered and bloody little girl.

 

She had waist-length wavy dark brown hair and a slightly chubby face but had a fit build and seemed healthy before this incident. Mr. and Mrs. Jung hid in a corner of the alley to avoid spotted and to get involved with more problems. They watched as they forcefully gripped the young girl’s arm and dragged her to a foreign street, was taped shut and she was tied so she couldn’t get away. The men pulled and tugged her to go faster although she looked very exhausted and in pain, they hardly cared anyway. They had a job to do and this was it.
Not having the heart to just stand there and watch the couple followed the men and girl. They looked round the corners of the street and down the alleys but they seemed to have lost the gang and the girl… However just as they were walking back they heard a whimper come from a nearby dumpster. Mrs. Jung listened carefully for more and approached the pile of trash slowly.

 

“H-help…”

 

A strangled cry came out of the pile and immediately Mrs. Jung called her husband to help her look for the source of the cry. Once they reached the site, they saw the girl curled up to the wall crying through the tape and shaking. “Oh…”

 

They helped her up and removed the tape from her face and the ropes on her wrists. By now they had a good view of the little girl. She had a big cut on the side of her head where some of her dried blood spilled out. Some drops of her blood reached her almond shaped eyes which were red, probably from crying. There were several cuts and rashes on her body as well, which dirtied her pale blue puffy dress. She was bare-foot and most likely lost her shoes after being dragged all that way. The woman carefully brushed aside her messy hair and looked deeply into the girl’s eyes.

 

“What’s your n-name? What happened to you?” She shakily asked the girl.

 

“I d-don’t know… I’m scared… Don’t let them get me.. please..” the girl replied and started sobbing. Mr. Jung then picked her up carefully, avoiding her rashes and cuts in order not to inflict more pain onto her.

 

“We won’t hurt you.” Mrs. Jung said as she assisted her husband carrying the little girl and made their way home to their two children.

End of Flashback

 

.. Well, oppa and I certainly got a shock seeing our parents carrying an unknown bruised girl home, but it was all good after that. She passed out so we cleaned her bruises and cared for her until she gained consciousness again. However she didn’t remember much when she was awake. Umma asked her what her name was, how old was she and where did she come from… Unnie only managed to croak out how old she was, but other than that she didn’t remember anything.

We let her stay for a few days until she felt better and looked less hurt. But Umma and Appa didn’t know what to do with her, since we didn’t even know if she had people looking for her or was abandoned.

Eventually as the days passed and no news of a missing girl was reported we took in unnie as our own, it’s not like we mind actually. Oppa & I were happy someone else was going to be part of our family and soon unnie learned the ways to run the house and to take care of us. In no time we were a happy family and my Mom felt happy that she could trust her with us so she could work more. I’m glad everything worked out for all of us, now we can live happily ev—

 

*SLAM*

*THUD* 

Two noises erupted from the house followed by strings of nonsense and whining. I guess they’re awake now.

 

“GET OFF ME, I CAN’T BREATH!”

“WELL LIFT YOUR ARM! I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING!”

“IT’S LIFTED THAT’S MY LEG YOU IDIOT!”

“I SAID CAN’T SEE ANYTHING!!!”

 

*sigh* I enjoyed the peace and quiet while it lasted…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second chapter^^ 

I feel like I describe things WAAAYYYY too much ;___; cuz it's like reaaaallllly long XD lol but I hope you still like it.

@CatAttack1020: Aww, really? It's just I'm worried how it would turn out. I love her too <3 asdffgghjkls <3 :DDD

Please comment and subscribe :3