Chapter 37

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 37:

SUNGJONG'S POV

You forgot about me. Didn't you, you ?

I would fake cry but where would the sincerity in that be? See what I mean. Yes, ofcourse you do.

Anyway, the past few days have really been bothering me. I'm currently in the far off place that is, well, Japan =.=

This is because of Mom and Dad's descision to have me play the almightly Lee son this time. Each time there there was something business related that they needed to attend and couldn't make it to, they would send one of us, and sometimes if they're feeling nice, two of us, to fill in for them and hopefully wow and amaze the board and whoever was there.

Unfortunately, this time I was chosen on a small one week business trip to Japan.

This isn't my first time, just to clarify. My first time, was well... was an utter disaster, but let's not dwell on the past and focus on the present:

Sitting in the meeting room, trying hard to not look undeniably bored (which I am) and pretending to listen to some old guy explain why our company should support and produce their idea as the next big thing. 

To be quite honest, the descision was already made before I even got here. Mom and Dad reviewed the proposals and well, rejected most of them, however a couple have managed to pass their standards, now all they have to do is make it look like they aren't mean bossy CEOs and send their children out to the trips.

It basically like pretending but, we also play a big part in it. They said that if there's any change in the proposals -better or worse- I should take note and I can change the descision if I pleased.

I mean Sungyeol hyung did it once, and gained a few extra arm candy because the side he chose had a few good-looking assistants and secretaries. But after that incident Mom and Dad swore to make Bora attend those meetings which involve the youth and females.

I looked down on my file which was suppose to be filled with the reading material of the proposals but I threw them on my hotel bed earlier /which was completely intentional/ and replaced them with the hard-copy of the information I've gathered about, the desceased and dearly missed, Kang Jihyun.

Something really bothers me about her. 

And I have to figure out what it is.

Kang Jihyun


(Imagine her shorter and way younger, around 5-7 yrs old XD
ps. This is the same dress I sort of pictured her when the Jungs found her)

Not many was revealed to the media about the young heiress' death. However, from close sources and rumoured witnesses said a few statements of their own about the unpredicted and shocking death.

"She didn't really die in an accident. Her parents didn't love her enough and decided to just have Minhyuk to succeed them and got rid of the girl, so they covered it up with an accident." -one stated.

"She was dying already. At such an early age. I think the Kangs never revealed the actual physical situation of their own daughter to prevent media from attacking her and them." - a witness in the suburb where the heiress was announced dead.

"We are great admirers of the Kangs, and we too are devastated on what happened to Jihyun, but there wasn't any report on her death and nor was there many witnesses. Even though we know it's hopeless we refuse to believe she's gone." -A family under the Kang Corporation

No matter what the rumours say and what the supposed witnesses stated, the youngest and only daughter of the Kangs will forever be remembered.

 

I frowned and read through the remaining of the tabloids, statements and witness' stories. All of them have nothing I find true and trustworthy, everything seemed like a wild guess or a random string of lies. None of these people actually knew what happened. None of were close to the Kangs enough to know what happened.

I slumped on my seat and ran a hand through my hair -sophisticatedly- as I continue to listen to the remaining proposals.

However, the thought of her ran through my head continuously and so was the dreams I've had of her. 

 

BORA'S POV

I looked at my reflection and smiled softly. My black hair grew out from its embarrassing middle school cut, and my features have matured. I looked different and I felt that way. It's been 2 years.

2 years since I last looked at myself seriously and wonder what in the world is happening. Those two years started today. How it started was simple enough. Just an "I like you", a smile and a "Will you be my girlfriend?" And I was caught. That's all he needed and I was his. So in celebration of that glorious moment when I finally became his, is tonight.

I grabbed my purse and headed enthusiastically towards the exit. 

The trip to our meeting place was quiet, except the soft humming of the radio which Mr. Kim had to keep me occupied, however, my love-high mind has already given me so much to think about I couldn't pay any attention to the radio.

Could tonight be the night he actually asks me to be his... forever?

Yes, even though it's still early for us, I wanted a proposal. Imagine me in a few months walking down the aisle, smiling widely at him as he waited for me by the altar, grinning his superstar smile as he patiently watched me make the last few steps of my bachelorette life.

I smiled at the waiter as he nodded at my presence and lead me to where he was waiting for me.

"Bora.." he whispered softly as I entered our private room. Luxurious and elegant, nothing less for an heir and an heiress.

"Howonnie~" I cooed and sat myself across him still keeping my small smile. I saw him stiffen a bit at the mention of his nickname but then put on the stern-est poker face he could manage.

"Bora." he croaked out yet again this time softer than the last. I looked into his brown warm eyes but found only cold nothing-ness.

"Is something wrong Howon?" he looked pained but kept silent, just then did I notice the servant behind him watching the both of us with her eagle like eyes. 

She moved back and opened the door behind my boyfriend's seat and looked at me with a rather sad expression. Whilst Hoya pushed back his chair and made small steps towards me before looking at me straight in the eyes.

At this action I thought, this was it. He was going to pop that magical question and I would be his in a mili-second. But yet did I know what he was really planning to say.

"..I have to go." 

Was simply all he said. His eyes was fixed upon mine and their expression stoic.

"What do you mean?" I asked bewildered, not comprehending what he meant.

"I need to Bora."

"What are you saying? I don't understand!" I was on the edge of panic now. 

"I-I... need to go." he said whilst breaking our eye contact and making his way towards the opened door. I jumped from my seat and reached for his wrist, delaying him from leaving the room.

"Hoya! What do you mean you need to go?! I don't understand!" I shrieked slightly, shaking his wrist. If this was one of his pranks, it wasn't at all amusing. My heart is slowly being suffocated by imaginary binds of this little game he's trying to play.

"I have to go now Bora." he replied with no trace of amusement or emotion. He brushed off my grip and made his way towards the door and left me in a state of confusion and frustration.

....

I shouted after him. I called him. I looked for him. But only later did I found out, that a purple haired heir caught the earliest flight to America and was not heard of nor spoken about ever since.

No explanation. No Goodbye. Nothing.

I smiled and held my pillow closer to my heart as if it can actually help reduce the dull aching of my heart.


btw guys, if you're curious on what Sunggyu do to get to the 2nd building he brought Soyou to, it's going to be revealed in flashback later on =w=b