Chapter 8

I Choose To Love You

Chapter  8:

BORA’s POV

My hand shook violently as I read the first part of the paper and threw the rest of it all over my room out of rage. Screaming violently, I watched as the papers slowly drift down only to land back in front of me. No, this can’t be happening. Not again, they can’t do this to me.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” I let out another shriek as I remembered the familiar conversation I had with my parents about this particular deal.

Flashback: 13 years ago at a business dinner with the Kangs.

Mr. Kang and Dad looked at each other impassively as their wives nibbled on their food whilst their heads hung low. We were currently on the top floor of one of the Kang’s luxurious buildings enjoying a business dinner with them. The building had an amazing view of Seoul, it really gave you a full bird’s eye view of the city and it looked especially magnificent at night, where all the lights would light up the city and release a completely different vibe than it did during the day.

 

The two major company owners each brought their children along with them, for that Kang’s I saw them bring a boy close to my age by the name of Minhyuk and for us, the Lee’s, all four of us were present. A naive Sungjong, a childish Sungyeol, a pouting Sunggyu and me.

 

Just then I overheard my father speak up to break the silence. “Will our merger still be possible… especially now with the dreadful loss of your daughter”

 

“She’s not gone yet Sanghyuk! She’s still out there!” Mr. Kang broke out straining the desperation and pain in his voice and trying his best to keep a level head. My father didn’t seem offended by his partner’s outburst but simply bowed his head and mumbled a quick apology.

 

Recently my parents have made a deal with the Kangs to have a merger in our two companies, with both of them ranking high in Asia they decided that it would be a good choice to mold their two companies into one mega-corporation and sweep the competition away and gaining them the title of the most successful company in all of Asia, but to make their deal official they wanted to host a marriage between a child of the Kang’s and a child of the Lee’s. However there was a flaw to their almost perfect plan.. However, they never mentioned anything to all of  us because they though it would far too early for us to be involved in such a case.  But I still got to know, thanks to a few loose mouthed maids and servants around the house. Even though the Kang's daughter was gone, my dad was still focused on merging the companies no matter what the cost.

 

Mrs. Kang spoke up to remove the tense atmosphere surrounding the table. “C’mon honey, let’s not ruin this wonderful dinner and let’s talk about other things, neh?” she, who was obviously also very hurt about the loss of her daughter, still smiled and advised her husband to forget about it for now. I looked closer at her eyes, although it seem that she was smiling if you look deeply you would find indescribable pain in them. Imagine brushing away the fact that your daughter is missing and faking a smiling face to make it look ok, but it wasn’t. After that dinner my dad and Mr. Kang still had contact and kept close to each other but never once brought up the merger. However they both knew it was still going to happen, just not now.

 

(this is their OLD house O_O)

Three years after that dinner, I was 14, Sunggyu was 12, Yeol was 10 and Jong was 9, we were all playing in our family room in our previous mansion while Mom and Dad where somewhere in their office upstairs.

 

“Bwora Nwoona! I’m hungry!” Sungjong said through his not-fully-grown-front-teeth.

 

“Haha~ arasso Sungjongiee, I’ll call Umma and Appa so we can all go out to eat” I smiled back at him and he immediately beamed back at me, since he loved eating out mostly because he gets to sit in a high chair.

 

I then ran upstairs and crept up quietly on my parents who were discussing something by the fireplace of my dad’s wide, spacious office. I slowly poked half my face through the door and listened quietly as the two backs of my mother and father were facing me.

 

“… We need to get this merger done with Daesung. With both our companies we’ll definitely beat all the other companies. So I made a decision…” My father let out a shaky sigh and continued “We’re wedding Bora with Minhyuk” hearing this, an unexpected gasp escaped my lips and entered my parents’ ears. Once they heard me both of them turned to the door to see their daughter looking at them with wide eyes.

 

“B-Bora~yah…” my mom said as she was surprised to see me there just as they were planning my wedding. “U-umma… andwae… I wont… I WON’T!” I screamed at them not bothering to wait and listen to an explanation. I didn’t want to get married because of business and especially to someone I didn’t love. I just didn’t like it! I ran out the room and headed straight downstairs, but because of my rush I tripped and fell down the wide flight of stairs.
My brothers who saw as I fell limply down the stairs shouted for the maids and servants to help me and the next thing I know, I was waking up in on my bed, having various medical equipment on me and a bandage around my skull, but that didn’t change anything. I won't marry anyone. Ok maybe I will, but it will certainly not be an arranged marriage.

 

End of Flashback

It took my parents a few years to be able to fix our relationship back together, it was because of the limited time they had to spend with me and also to the fact that I was going through my teen years which meant I wasn’t actually understanding at that time. We had a deal that they wouldn’t use me to fix the merger… but what is this… why are they doing this to me.

I hugged my knees silently as I continued to stare at the scattered papers on my bed. “I thought they said they’ll find a way…” Anger started to rise from deep inside me, the kind of rage I never wanted to relive again and was preventing all these years, but this piece of paper… just a piece of paper returned all those unwanted feelings and emotions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8 done^^ I will probably be updating daily nao since I have so much free time XD lol

Shoutout to my new subbies:

NeysYeollipops, SMILEttmax & kpopkalah

<3 Please comment and subscribe <3