Chapter 16

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 16

SUNGJONG’S POV

“I don’t want to Mom! I don’t want to marry Minhyuk!” I heard my sister shout at my mother after she gained consciousness.
 
“Sweety, calm down. Let us explain…” my mother told her. So right now I’m eavesdropping on them. Well this wasn't my first intention. I’m bored and Yeol and Gyu hyung are no fun so might as well hang out with noona but just as I was going to enter her room I heard her shout… So here I am. I have to admit I’m pretty curious myself as to what noona’s so worked up about.
 
“E-Explain what? I heard you. You were planning to wed me to Minhyuk! Why umma?! Why Appa?! T-Tell me!” my sister cried out to my parents. Married?
 
NO!
 
I won’t let any man take my noona away from me =^= I pout to myself as I listened carefully. “Bora. It’s the only thing we can do to improve the company.” My dad answered in a straight emotionless tone. Such a great explanation dad.
 
“Oh yeah, just because your plan for the boys didn’t work out you’re taking this on me now?!” Hmm? Plan for us? What does she mean by that? Mom and Dad never mentioned anything about a plan… OK, this just gets better and better.
 
“Jihyun is gone now, Bora. Without her the deal with your brothers won’t work.” Jihyun? Do I know someone named that? I scratched my head, trying to get something out of it when I lost my balance and fell. Big mistake. I am now face to face (well face to floor) with my parents and enraged sister.
*gulp* I’m guessing I’m in trouble…
“Uhhhmmm, Yeol and Gyu hyung dared me!” I lied as I ran out the door.

“Me!” I sat up abruptly after having the weirdest dream… or was it a memory? I ran my fingers through my messy bed hair as I replayed the dream. I never quite figured out what that plan was and why all three of my brother and Jihyun is associated with it.

I don’t really bother with Bora noona’s wedding thing, I know her well enough that if she doesn’t like something I swear she wouldn’t do it. You would have to drag her to the ends of the solar system before you could ever HOPE that she’ll agree.

I stepped out of my bed and trudged to my bathroom for my morning shower. Inside the sealed area of my shower, I closed my eyes as the warm water hit my skin, waking my body up instantly.

“Now… what was it about Jihyun?” I said to myself as I sank deeply into my memories trying to find traces of her in them.

Nothing. Nothing really. I'm completely blank. 

Hmmph...

Such a useless brain. How can I be all detective about this when i know nothing about this person in the first place. I washed my hair, which I have just finished shampooing, and continued to think. Did we ever talk? As in… at all? I scrunched my eyebrows and thought harder… but nothing. I couldn’t remember anything.

So I stepped out of my shower, covered myself with a towel and went off to get dressed. I guess I’ll have to ask the hyungs if I want to know more about this girl.

 

--------------- Later at breakfast --------------

 

“More coffee.” Yeol hyung told the maid as he finished his nth cup of coffee for this morning. I’ve always wondered how much he drinks to wake up and how much he drinks for pleasure. And doesn't he have to go to the bathroom like, often? Soon the maid came in with another steaming cup for him and laid it down on a coaster on the table.

“I think, I’m full…” Sunggyu hyung declared as he slouched back on his seat to relax himself amongst us three. Bora noona wouldn’t be back home until this evening so we still technically have the whole house to ourselves. But it's like we can ever do anything noona has this place sealed up with guards and rules at every corner =.="

“Me too. I’m stuffed” I agreed and drank my hot chocolate. Yeol hyung who was busy chugging down his coffee didn’t even bother to pay us any attention, not that he had to anyway. Well might as well get started on asking them.

‘Hey, hyungs mind telling me everything you guys remember about a girl named Kang Jihyun, because I had a dream about her and is now planning on stalking her down.’ Uhhmm, nah too long.

‘Kang Jihyun. Female. TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT HER!’ not that either. As I was about to think up another one Sunggyu hyung noticed my hard thinking expression and interrupted me from my thoughts.

“Hey Jong, what ‘cha thinking about? It looks pretty serious” he said as he drank his cup of water.

“Oh just a random thing.” I answered. But before Hyung could answer, Mr. Kim walked in.

"Excuse me sirs, but Master Jong will be late for school if he doesn't get on the limo. Right now." he told us.

I lazily stood up and nodded at Mr. Kim before making my way to my personal limo.

"Aww, shoot!" I facepalmed myself, which Mrs. Kim noticed.

"What is it master Jong? Something wrong?"

"Ahh, no. I jsut forgot to ask my hyungs something.."

"Just ask them later when you get home sir." she bowed to me and urged me to get fully in the car. I nodded and sat down alone while waiting to get to school. 

HEY! Maybe there's something about her in the library?!?

 

SOYOU’S POV

“… And here’s the station you’ll be managing today. The cash register. You’re very lucky to get this position on your first day!” my co-worker Donghyun told me while he finished his tour of the café for me, just like what Taeyeon-ssi said.

The whole process of making coffee and presenting them to people kind of amazed me. There are so many techniques and tricks to learn before making all kinds of fancy drinks. And soon enough I will be able to do them too, since it is also required for all the members of staff to know who to do it. Since this was my first job I swore I was going to do my very best at it. I smiled at him and politely replied “Ah, really? That’s so cool! Hehehe, I’ll work hard” I bowed to him.

“You don’t have to bow to us here Soyou, we’re family and you’re our newest member!” he said.

“Thank you!!! I hope I can do as well as Hyorin unnie did!” I enthusiastically let out thus earning me a laugh and a pat on the back.

“Oh God no, don’t! Hyorin was always lazy on her shift. She’s always sitting and chatting to customers whenever she had the chance.” He revealed whilst shaking his head. So that's what she always does huh? No wonder that guy she talked with before didn't let her off that easily last time. I thought to myself as Donghyun walked off to resume his barista duties.

The day went by smoothly as I smiled sweetly to the paying customers and handed them their change afterwards bidding them farewell. This was a pretty good job, I thought as I arranged the bills and coins in the money drawer. *Ding* a small bell rung in the shop indicating a small break and change in stations. I quickly pulled out my work schedule from my pant pocket. I’ll be switching with Jun hee. She’s a waitress here, so that means it’s my turn to wait tables while she handles the cashier. Jun hee wears the same light blue t-shirt each employee in the café wore but on top of her head she wore an insanely sparkly headband that seemed to attract every pair of eyes she passes by. It almost makes her look like a disco ball.

“SOYOUUUU~ JUNG SOYOUUU-SSHIIII~” she shouted from one end of the café to me. Oh yeah, I forgot. She’s also very loud.

“JUN HEE~ PARK JUN HEEEEEE-SSHIIII~” I replied. I wonder if the others can hear us as well.

“SOYOU-SSHI, ARE WE THE ONE SWITCHING FS RIGHT NOW?” she’s either doing this just for the sake of adding noise to our dead quiet café or it's just naturally her loud personality.

“OH~ YEAH! WE ARE! SHOULD I GO THERE AND YOU COME HERE?”

“YEAH! I THINK WE SHOULD DO THAT” she nodded at me, but just as I was about to replied loudly again Donghyun complained from his station.

“THE PEOPLE IN NORTH KOREA CAN HEAR YOUR WHOLE CONVERSATION FROM THERE, DO MIND KEEPING IT DOWN?! I AM TRYING TO USE THE BLENDER” this evoked rounds of giggles from everyone in the whole establishment. We then switched our positions and continued to work diligently as the customers continued to pour in as the day came to an end.

“Ok guys time to clean up! The day is finally oveerrrrrrr!” Donghyun happily announced as he emerged from the station he worked at.

“THIS SONG IS NOT OVEEEEEERRRR~!” Jun hee sang as she found a connection to Donghyun’s words to a song lyric. We all laughed and played the song in the café as we closed up the shop putting away the tables and chairs, cleaning the kitchen and locking the doors.

“Ok guys, great work today and Soyou you’re pretty good today. Watch out tomorrow, Jeremy and I will teach you to make coffee so you can switch shifts with us too” he winked at me before being whacked in the head by Jeremy. Our blonde headed barista who worked alongside Donghyun to make such delicious beverages and he was also the guy Hyorin unnie talked to in letting her skip her shift.

“You have a girlfriend you idiot!”

“Oww! Sheesh! I know that, I was just being nice...” Donghyun reasoned before rubbing his head and glaring slightly at Jeremy’s direction.

"Nice-ness doesn't always seem that way to others!"

"It does! That's what nice-ness is!"

"Dude, why can't you just not wink at Soyou?!"

“Ok then. Moving on, have a good night everyone!” Jun hee interrupted the pointless conversation as she began to walk towards her street.

"Ah, yeah.. I'll get going now as well. See ya guys!" I waved at the still bickering two. 

“Hmmm, it’s 9:30… I wonder if unnie’s at work already” I thought to myself as I walked down the familiar street to our flat. Once I reached our door, I quickly punched in our new code and entered the house finding the lights still and Hyorin unnie still at home.

“I’m homeeeee unnie, I thought you would be at the club by now?” I asked her as I put my bag down on the couch and sat there until unnie exited her bedroom looking spectacular in her new uniform.

It was a skin tight mini dress. It was decorated with black and white stripes and 5 large buttons desending on it. The dress looked rather circus like. It was paired with high red stilettoes showcasing unnie's particularly tanned and toned legs.

“Hi Yuyu~! Oh, not yet my shift starts at 10 and ends tomorrow at 5. It’s going to take time to get used to being nocturnal but I think I can handle it” she grinned at me as she applied some make-up on her freshly washed face.

“Ahhh~ I guess it will be… but on the bright side you really pull of that outfit” I complimented her on her look.

“Really? Thank you sweety! There’s like tons of uniforms I have to wear!”

“Huh? What do you mean unnie? Don’t they have just one uniform?” I asked her, obviously confused at how that club works. So they have to change uniforms too? 

“Aniya, they change uniform styles from time to time depending on what the customers like for that week. For this week its a circus theme so this is what I got! One of the perks of the job is I can keep the dress for 2 weeks before returning it. So we can use it out as well!” She explained to me. I have to admit that was a good strategy if you want to hire new employees and keeping them.

“That’s so awesome unnie! Now you get money and party dresses… that’s limited to 2 weeks.” I joked as I made my way to my room to dress up.

“Exactly— Omona! Well, I’ll get going so I won’t be late! See you tomorrow Soyou!” she called out as she sprinted to the door and off to the club. I laugh to myself as I watched her then turned to proceed to my room for some rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chappie~ ahh, It feels so good to be up to track with the chapter now ^~^

@sapphire_flower: I know~ And i'm so happy I can give you guys new ones now ^^ Thank you for commenting always~ :DD You give me lots of strength kamsamnida!

Please comment and subscribe <3