Chapter 33

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 33:

SOYOU'S POV

Holding Sungyeol's hand in mine, I looked over at his hyung and instantly felt the urge to think to myself how could he possibly have figured our plan out when there wasn't any flaws to expose it; well, as far as I know.

I faked a smile and looked at the menu I held in my other hand. We were in one of the most expensive restaurants in town, everything was polished and new, the food was well known and cooked by some of the best chefs in Korea, furniture was imported from various countries around the world. You would barely think of it as an establishment built over 15 years ago; but what else would you expect from a restaurant built under the prestigious Kang Corporation.

"So... What gotten into you two?" The eldest among us started; throwing his menu down on the arrogantly as if to demand respect. The nearby waitress quickly took the abandoned menu and rushed off to the kitchen to send in his order.

"What do you mean hyung? We're fine..." Sungyeol replied naturally and handing both our menus and ordering for the two of us. I caught a glimpse of Sunggyu stiffening whilst he did so. Could it really be that he suspects us?

"Oppa, how's Bora unnie doing?" I tried to change the subject; his glare softened to a normal civil look as he spoke to me.

"S-She's alright." I watched him as he refused to meet my eyes and stared directly at his empty plate. I sighed inwardly and looked at Sungyeol for some kind of assistance and found him texting someone on his phone. 

Well this is going to be an interesting lunch.

 

AUTHOR-NIM'S POV

Daehyun paced the sidewalk in front of the café with a murderous look implanted on his handsome features. He was seething. How could someone—anyone take his noona away just like that. It wasn't that he didn't want her to be with other people or give her a chance to defend herself but it's a blow to his heart if he knew he wasn't able to help her when he could've.

Beside him was a calm looking Youngjae glancing from his phone then over to Daehyun from time to time. Scared that the said boy would go on rampage and start questioning people as to where his noona was.

He was worried; of course and so was Youngjae but being the calm person that he is, looked up people named 'Sungyeol' on the Korean identity files (which he managed to gain by hacking into secret government records). There were literally hundreds of people with the same name and he knew it would take some time before he would be able to round them all up to one person. Time was not what he had, after all there was a pacing angry boy near him ready to explode.

Meanwhile, Soyou, who conveniently got a conversation going (all by herself), smiled at Sunggyu and munched on her food. It was going well; for Soyou and Sunggyu that is. They laughed and made some jokes, some about other people and most about Sungyeol. They had many interests that were alike, which delighted Soyou but killed Sungyeol little by little. He was literally watching his own brother and his pretend girlfriend (and possible crush) get to know each other more.

"Did you have a boyfriend before Sungyeol?" Sunggyu asked absentmindedly; he barely realized what he was saying. It was just one of the side effects of being drunk to Soyou's laughter.

Halting her giggles and her smile fading, Soyou looked nervously at Sungyeol before trying her best to say something she wouldn't regret later on. 

"N-No.. Uhhm, Sungyeol's my first love." she said in a whisper but was loud enough to be heard by both boys. Both their hearts reacted in a way to her innocent and cute statement; one swelled in joy and one felt like it was thrown away.

Sungyeol laced his fingers with hers and sent her a genuine smile before leaning in to peck her forehead. The skin ship surprised him; of course he was used to kissing girls, but to him, her comment deserved much more but he was just too much of a coward to do anything more than a simple peck.

The small-eyed hyung caught the exchange and looked away immediately. The sight of it was just wrong. He didn't feel happy enough for Sungyeol to say he deserves her. He didn't want to be there anymore. He didn't want to hear them. He just wanted to go home. He wanted to be alone.... He wanted her to be with him right now.

"Oppa?" her voice echoed in his mind. 

"Oppa, are you alright?" The angelic, sweet and velvety voice of the girl spoke to him, her eyes carrying a worried expression. 

"Yeah. Oppa was just thinking." he smiled quickly trying to flush away the little girl's worry.  She didn't look convinced and began sprinting away from him shouting something incomprehensible along the way.

"Yah!" he shouted chasing after the girl. Trying his best to keep up, but even as a young boy he wasn't the fittest.

Looking and searching for the girl around the garden, Sunggyu stopped and sat on a bench. Wiping his sweat away, the young boy felt like crying. He chased the girl he really liked away because he was too busy thinking about his stupid family. He felt a small droplet fall from his eyes.

But before another one could fall a small hand wiped it away and soft pants were heard. He snapped his head up to see the girl. Panting because of all the running yet smiling sweetly. In her hands she held a bunch of flowers, pink carnations.

He sniffed and looked at her puzzled.

"Oppa, I got flowers for you." she smiled and sniffed the flowers before putting them on the small boy's lap.

"They always make me feel happy. I hope you're happy too!" She smiled again and sat next to a touched Sunggyu. He took one of the flowers and looked and the girl next to him.

"I am. I'm very happy." he smiled before placing the flower in the girl 's beautiful brown hair.

 

"What are you doing here?" she glared at the spiky haired brunette before her.

"I should ask you the same." he looked at her with similar hatred.

"Ms. Lee, Mr. Jang, welcome. Would you two like something to drink for now whilst your orders are being prepared. With their combined glares aimed at the innocent waitress they dismissed her quickly and returned to question each others' presence in the said restaurant.

"Bora."

"Hoya."

Sitting down opposite each other they locked in a silent stare down over nothing at all. Both wondering whether they were being punked or what. They just recently received the news that their reservations were merged together by an unknown family member and now they faced their lunch partner without them knowing it was the other.

"Small world." the man stated taking a sip out of his wine glass.

"It's pretty big as long as you stay on your side." the woman smartly replied, doing the same. The tension between them was thick enough to be cut with a butter knife (a/n. I just really like butter knives for that reference) 

"Why out of all the people, to be merged with the universe chose you?"

"Don't count yourself special. We're both victims here."

"Then I guess that's the only thing we have in common." he said under his breath but was loud enough for her to hear.

They were in the Kang's newly opened restaurant, both reserved a table for one on the same day and at the same time, but someone told the directors that their tables would be merged together because of an overflow of customers on the said day. Neither of them minded when they received the news of course but neither of them knew who it would be either.

(photo credits: IDOL-GRAPHER)

 

Bora gripped the end of her short party mini-dress, cursing why she decided to wear the thing in the first place. It ended far from mid-thigh and exposed her long tanned legs. As much as she enjoys choosing what she wears and being free to express herself, she was not at all comfortable in it especially being in the presence of the Jang heir.

The same could be said about the young millionaire. He felt that his hair was all wrong. His shirt wasn't the right shade of purple, his shoes were too flashy; the list of wrongs were continuously being flooded in his mind. 

Neither was aware of this, but the food that was delivered to them wasn't for their table, heck they didn't even order yet but food came nonetheless. Both not bothering to realize that it wasn't theirs.

"Bon Appétit~" the scared waitress wished them then quickly exited their private room, praying for her life and job to be safe.

Glaring once more at each other before looking down at their meals the two began to ignore one another again. That is until Hoya saw something rather unusual in Bora's dish. It was pink and fleshy sticking out of the gooey pasta sauce. In other words it was something bad.

As if by slow motion, Bora opened and lifted the fork containing the said ingredient and is moving it painstakingly slow towards . Hoya panicked inwardly and had to think of something quick; and as fast as the thought came into his mind he slapped the fork out of her hand and the utensil along with its contents splattered onto the ground.

"What is your problem?!" she shouted looking at him bewildered.

"My problem? YOU're the one that has a problem!" he said back raising his voice.

"I don't have a problem! You think you could just waltz back in my life and expect everything to be the same?!"

"Oh yeah?! Maybe I did expect that. Maybe I wanted that!"

"Well that's not how reality works!" she cried out feeling her vision become slightly blurred. Tears were threatening to come out and she knew it would sooner or later.

"Then I guess I need a reality check. You do too." he said as he stood up, leaving his food untouched and his partner frustrated and confused.

"Why did you ever come back?!" she shouted at him, tears slowly pouring out. He turned from his place in front of the exit of their private room. The sight of her breaking down again was just another trip to heartbreak. He put on the poker face he tried so hard to perfect for her and looked at the fork on the floor.

Turning to face the door he whispered, "You're allergic to shrimp... remember?" he felt his heart constrict with so much hurt, when he heard her soft whimpers halt. He took it as his cue to leave; and he did. Leaving a crying Bora all by herself with nothing but his last comment to haunt her until the next time they meet.

 


MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS~ :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve and a magical Christmas Day^^ All the best!

@sapphire_flower: Yepp! Updates! I want to update a lot since I'm on break :) Oh yeah, I saw them >_< I apologize! At least I fixed them now ^^ I couldn't bear to do that! Hehehe, nawwhh, comment as long as you want. Say a much I don't really mind :)

@BabyBlueeeLOVE: Yess I did! D'aww <3 Yepp here's one :)

@TeenFinite-Forever: EEEEEEEE~ Soyou fans :D She's awesome ^^ omo, thank chuuu ^////^

@iamKcBangs: yeah, haha, I love you for loving it ^^

Once again Merry Christmas you wonderful people.

Thank you BabyBlueeeLOVE and sapphire_flower for the upvotes :)