Chapter 11

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 11:

Author-nim’s POV

 “Remember to stay away from strangers. Don’t talk to suspicious looking people and remember to stay clear from dark alleys we don’t want anything bad happening to you again. Oh! Always drink your vitamins deary, we know how your body react without them! Try not to take all your money with you when you go out….” Soyou listened and nodded attentively at her mom’s incessant reminders and advices. They were all in the train station in Busan waiting for the Seoul train to arrive and Mrs. Jung was panicking over her daughter’s condition.

“Yeah, yeah honey. I think Soyou can take care of herself by now...” Her dad, Mr. Jung, stopped his wife from flooding his daughter with things she probably already knew by putting a gentle hand on her shoulder.

“We can never be so sure! It’s dangerous out there especially from someone as pretty as her!” She argued as she shrugged off her husband's hand playfull and placed her hands on Soyou’s shoulders looking at her directly in the eye.

”Listen to Umma, arasso?!” despite how ridiculous she looked at that moment, she was deadly serious. Krystal then let out a giggle at her mom's weird behavior.

“Mom, Dad, Unnie will be fine. Can you please stop worrying her and let her relax?” she then removed her mother’s hands from her sister’s shoulders only to hold them in her own, squeezing them just a bit to reassure her mother.

“It’s alright sis, mom’s just worried. However, I’m worried for you and Daehyun! How are you going to wake up in the morning if I don’t either shake you or kick you guys off your beds?” she amusingly replied and directed the attention to her two siblings instead.

“Hey! We can wake up fine and for your information we were the ones to wake YOU up today” Daehyun finally spoke up, smirking behind his mask teasing his sister. 

"Oh please. Don't remind me, my tummy still hurts ya know >_>" she glared at his smirking figure. However their little family moment was nearing to an end when the announcer called out the train Soyou will be taking, is at the station and will be boarding shortly. 

"Attention all passengers heading for Seoul. Train 1093 is nearing the station and will be boarding shortly. Please gather your belongings and make your way to platforrm B3. Have a safe trip, kamsamnida" 

Once the static-like voice ended, almost instantly Krystal’s arms flew to tackle her sister in a bear hug.

“I’LL MISS YOU UNNIE! CALL ME OKIES? Uwaaaaahhhhh.. PROMISE THAT YOU WILL!” She cooed to her whilst the three other members of the family stared at the almost instant change of emotion she displayed.

“Hahaha~ I promise Soojungiee and you take care of everyone, neh?” the younger one then nodded and let go of her to give room for someone else to bid goodbye. Their mom then stepped forward to embrace Soyou and sniff quietly as she remembered the day they first saw her. Reminiscing if you may~

“You’ve grown so much, honey. I can't believe it's been 13 years already! Don’t forget to find a map when you're there." She still managed to squeeze a reminder in her farewell as Soyou wiped a stray tear off her mother's face. Their dad then approached her and rubbed Soyou’s back lovingly then hugging both her and her mother.

“We love you Soyou, be careful there~” The man said sadly, tears building up at the rims of his tired eyes. The girl however, showed no signs of grief or sadness of leaving but just smiled slightly at her parents’ sweetness to her.

When they finally found the courage to pull away from her it was only Daehyun left to say good bye. He did something he rarely ever did when he was outside the house; he removed the mask, he always wore, completely and walked towards his sister.

“I’ll be following you there soon, sis” he winked at his sister who then chuckled at his dorky-ness.

“Hahaha, ok bro. I'll wait for y“ he cut her off when he kissed her cheek in a brotherly way and pulled away smiling at her. His wide eyes twinkling and his cheeks stretched with sweet smile.

 

“Now go or you’ll be late for your train!” Krystal’s reminder snapped her back to reality and caused her to smile as well.

She bid farewell to her family once again and waved before turning her back on the Jung family, the people who took her in and took care of her all her life. Soyou stepped on the train and looked for her seat. Each step feeling heavier than the other and tears forming rapidly. Once she sat down all her emotions flowed out of her immediately, all the tears and sobs she held in since the morning was now taking their toll on her.

“I-I love you guys too…” she called out to them and cried to herself.

Numerous feelings flooded her all at once, she was happy that she gets to fulfill her dream of going to Seoul but at the same time grieved that she had to leave the people she loved the most behind. Deep inside her she knew she would take them to Seoul with her one day and finally live a life she dreamed of, but she had to wait. Tears flowed out of her eyes continuously and said random words that wouldn’t come out of properly without breaking in smaller syllables or cracking with the lack of power she had in her voice.

Close by, an on-board attendant was watching her break down and cry after parting with her family, the woman felt heartbroken at the depth of grief she is witnessing from the girl. She looked away from Soyou only to find tears in her eyes as well. Soyou, who is un-aware of the pair of eyes watching her, leaned back on her seat and she watched the station quickly leave her vision and slowly drift farther and farther away.

'It'll be a while 'till I return, wouldn't it?' She looked down on her hands and let out the last tear she was going to shed on that train.

*sigh* Calming down, she closed her eyes and began drifting off to sleep, as she needs a lot of energy when she reaches the city.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok guys, I'm going to re-post all of the chapters I lost when aff was going haywire >.<

I felt a little depressed when that happened... oh wells T^T

Not only that a few of my readers also disappeared TT^TT /double depression/ lol

well not that it matters~! I'm back to give you guys the missing chappies~!

Please comment and subscribe! <3