Chapter 41

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 41:

SUNGYEOL'S POV 

I can't believe it.

I'm still in a mild state of shock, that my own brother, my very own flesh and blood just ditch me!

It didn't sound that bad, honestly, considering he's done it several times before I should be pretty used to it by now. But that squinty eyed hyung just left with my pretend girlfriend and left me to fend for my own well being against the monsterous country bumpkin of loud mouth alley.

The shallow betrayal was pumping in my chest, as I shoved forkfuls of what I assume is eggs and bacon in my mouth. My eyes and mind are a little too occupied watching my brother and Jung Daehyun at the same that I can't be distracted by such a trivial thing such as to check what I'm eating. It tastes good and my mouth isn't bubbling so as far as I'm concerned the food isn't deadly or poisonous.

"So what are we going to do today?" Soyou lifted her small head from hands to asked aloud to anyone available to provide an answer.

My eyes rake over the table to see my small eyed brother scratching the back of his head in thought, I'm pretty sure he didn't have the slightest clue on what was on for today but it never hurts to try and impress Soyou. I would've probably done the same.

"I don't know, what are we going to do?" I asked aloud once more from someone else to respond and by someone else I meant out strangely quiet elder sister at the end of the large dining table. I looked over at her to check if she was actually still there and not just an image I by some weird chance happen to hallucinate there.

Her shoulders slumped though her back was straight, her smile was on her face but it wasn't in her eyes, she moved with grace but it was as if something was anchoring her down.

"Hmmm, why don't you all go out? A movie or to the park? I only have a small thing to take care of today." I could've focused harder and thought of a reason why she sounded so.. off. But my eyes automatically darted to the brunette who's eyes shone with pure happiness.

"Let's go watch a movie!" I could almost squeeze her for how sweet and innocent she looked right there and then but just when I was going to I remembered my place; and by that I mean it quite literally.

Sitting next to Soyou is my hyung, looking as if he's fighting the urge to break out in smiles or is feeling constipated, on her right is that stupid Daehyun who, have I mentioned hasn't spoken a single word since we found the dining room?

Yes, believe it or not the loud mouthed man had not muttered a single breath until now. Can you believe that?!

Are the heavens finally opening up? Or its probably had something to do with his face almost glued to the plate of pancakes, I thought he finished of earlier, but as long as it keeps him busy I don't care if he's forking over a whole ham by now.

While I sat across the three of them; of course I could have sat next to one of them but that'll just make me look like an idiot. And Lee Sungyeol is no idiot. First rule when eating with a girl, always sit across her so you can have her full attention. But right now I'm getting close to none from the wavy haired woman.

 

SUNGGYU'S POV

I could see Sungyeol pout to himself from across the table, but I couldn't really help him if he was the one who decided to sit across Soyou instead of next to her. 

I watched Soyou try and pull that Daehyun guy into reality by calling his name and even going as far as almost taking away his plate of endless food, but unfortunately none worked to get the boy's attention. Something about them is strange; who is Daehyun? What is he to Soyou?

More importantly why is he here? Sparing a glance at Sungyeol, I see his eyes burn with bright green jealousy. Teeth clenched and form stiff as if ready to pounce any moment. What was his problem?

I thought over everything again: Soyou and Sungyeol are in a relationship. Sungyeol is jealous of Daehyun. Daehyun obviously loves Soyou (in a certain way I can't quite put my finger on yet) and Soyou... Soyou's just here. Sitting next to me; she looked stunning. 

Shaking my head slightly, I frowned with mild confusion. Why am I acting like this? I don't understand why I'm so confused over something the other people at the table might find extremely simple to comprehend.

"Ugh, let's just go get ready!" Brought back to reality, Sungyeol stood up, his tall form creating a long shadow on the mahogany table caused by the many rays of sunlight pouring in from the large fibre glass windows behind him. I see him walk over to Soyou and hold her free hand, which was resting idly on her lap, and tug her along with him. Her smaller figure struggling to keep up with the sudden action but managed to catch up with him anyway.

"Yah! Noona? Where you going?!" Daehyun, after many tries to bring him out of him little world finally looked up and took notice of the situation. Eyes wide in panic coveying a silent warning of what were to come if his fears becomes reality; but of course I had no idea what he could be fearing.

"Umm... t-thank you for the delicious food. But where is he taking Soyou?" He bowed slightly towards Bora noona, before asking directly showing that he clearly wasn't paying attention the whole time.

Bora laughed a bit, her small little giggle that most of her suitors couldn't even bring out of her when they met. She brushed off invisible crumbs from before looking at the male with honest eyes and a sweet smile.

"They said you guys will be watching a movie. You didn't mention if you were going though.. Would you like to?"

He nodded immediately, like a little brown puppy; his thick mop of brown hair bouncing slightly whenever he moved his rather small head. Reminded me of Sungjong but a bit more manly.

"Then you're welcome to join them" And within the same second Bora noona respond, he stood up from his seat bowed a straight 90 degree bow of respect, his bangs almost touching his plate, and thanked her before sprinting out the door Sungyeol and Soyou previously exited out of.

"Well what are you sitting there for?" I looked at the woman asking the question, her eyes resuming its previous sad glint before Daehyun had spoken to her. A part of me kind of felt a bit envious that a complete stranger like him could make her forget what ever she was grieving over with such a plain innocent gesture.

"I... don't know..?" This earned me nothing but an unimpressed glare from her, but it was the silent Mr. Kim by the corner that answered my question.

"I believe your sister means, the young master should get going before he is left behind."

"That's a nicer way of putting it Mr. Kim"

I blinked twince before replying a simple "Ah, right.." then standing up and leaving my elder sister still in her seat.

 

AUTHORNIM'S POV

The light haired woman was sitting on his bed with a confused yet unimpressed look on her pretty face. The last time she'd been in Sungyeol's room wasn't exactly such a pleasant experience, of course every other bachelorette in Korea would've disagreed; waking up in the arms of a handsome half- heir to a multi-million won company wasn't such a bad thing.

His room was just like the last time she was there, everything was in order and oddly in place, but Soyou doubted he kept it that way so the maids probably straightened things up every chance they got.

Speaking of the tall male, he was somewhere deep in his walk-in closet, picking out a jacket. Sungyeol paced over and over again amongst his numerous racks and drawers of clothing but finding nothing to wear.

'I feel like such an idiot' He pouted to himself and turned around ready to walk back into his room and just ask Soyou the said woman was already inside. He mentally panickied and impulsively threw the piles of his own clothes into a rack as if to dispose the evidence that he was holding them. However the Busan beauty's eyes caught on quickly and rolled as a response.

"What's taking you so long?" she looked at him, seeing the slight distress in the male's face and the rather cute way his hair messed up, but she wasn't going to admit that to him or to herself anytime soon.

"I- nothing! I was just looking a-around! Ha-uh-ha!" his eyes darting around the place as his impossibly large and not to mention rather plastic smile was plastered on his face making the lie look quite sloppy. 

"We've got a movie to watch and you want to look at your clothing?" He quickly pulled the smile off his face and grabbed the closest jacket on the rack behind him. The sleek black leather and metallic studs contrasting greatly with his simple yet chic guy next door theme.

When he swung the article of clothing forward to show Soyou but miscalculated (if you could count it as such; he did no such calculation) how far the woman was from him; a tooth of an opened zipper on the end of the jacket's long sleeve caught with the woolly knitted fabric of her shirt tangling the two.

"Ah, what the—" Confused, he tugged on the jacket a bit wondering why there was a sudden resistance but on the other hand Soyou's eyes widened impossibly large seeing it happen right in front of her her mind unsure what to do; so by impulse she decides to challenge the clueless man and his jacket to an impromptu tug of war.

"Y-yah! Your jacket—" she bagan to say but was cut off by a loud sound of ripping fabric. Looking down at her clothes, instead of seeing her shirt in place there was a large gaping hole in the center of her top making her lookas if a rather large missle was shot through her.

Sungyeol, annoyed at how he couldn't quite figure out what was causing the slight hindrance, because the jacket was also covering most of his face obscuring his view of what was in front of him, pulled with all his might at the annoying probably a thousand won jacket unintentionally ripping her shirt.


Got new graphics for it weeks ago, but how is it guys?

I'll be replying to all your wonderful comments now. I'm terribly sorry really. Sigh.