Chapter 19

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 19:

SUNGGYU’S POV

“What was that noona?” I asked her raising an eyebrow.

So there I was minding my own business and walking around for something to do when all of a sudden Bora comes out of her room and begins power walking all the way down to the living room. I got curious, so I quietly followed her and then I noticed she held something in her hand. A folder? Hmm? Must be something Mom and Dad sent? When she reached the fireplace she threw the folder in it burning and getting rid of it completely.

Ok, if it were Sungjong’s grades I know I’d do the same but it didn’t really look like it. Instead it looks more of a contract or something, you know like those business proposals other companies give to try and get you on board with their company, those kinds of stuff.

“Uhhmm… Nothing. Just nothing, Gyu.” She replied and tried to walk away but I blocked her path.

“It doesn’t look like nothing to be burned like that.”

“It is. I didn’t want my trash can to bear with it so I decided to burn it.” She replied, feigning boredom and lack of interest.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Sunggyu! Why don’t you go run off and do something productive?”

“Isn’t this productive?”

“No this is irritating.” I squint my eyes at her and crosses my arms.

“Oh yeah?”

“Ughhh!” She threw her arms in the air in exasperation. “Just go hang out with Yeol or something!” she shouted at me before running back to her room.

“I CAN’T! He’s out clubbing t’night!” I replied, fully aware of what he’s probably up to at the moment.

“Then go play with Mr. Kim!”

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

I weakly kicked a few pebbles in my path as I walked back home. Ok, I know what you’re thinking.

‘Why is the high and famous Lee Sungjong walking home when he’s rich enough to have helicopters fly him there and back?!’ Well, its simple you. I want to be alone, so I ditched my personal chauffer and limo and went on my own.  I’ve done it before anyways, but I haven’t said anything about it to my family. So to keep it that way I talk my driver to say I wanted to go shopping or something.

Smart right? Anyway...

A few people recognized me because of my uniform but didn’t pay enough attention to figure out that it was the Lee Sungjong they’re staring at. Such ignorant people. So I continued my walk home, but my peaceful walk came to an end when the depressing piece of information I now knew came back to haunt me.

 

“During her visit to Los Angeles on September 22, Jihyun was caught up in a tragic car accident in their private suburbs and was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately the impact of the crash was too strong thus causing her to die on arrival. Her body was then shipped back to Korea where she was mourned and missed by many people…”

 

How could she die? I mean I know why, but how come I never knew?  She was probably well known In Korea for being the daughter of Kang Daesung, then why haven’t I at least heard her death being mentioned.

I looked around the street and turned to the familiar road I often walked by. It was calm and serene here. Not many people come by here often though, but it’s not that I mind. I look and see most of the stores and shops already closed down for the night. Except for one.

I walked around the area a little more before spotting the small café’s lights still open. I wasn’t really a customer there but I often walk past the establishment and watch the employees have fun and kid around. So I fastened my pace and poked my head around to see two people inside, sitting comfortably across each other, drinking some smoothies.

A boy and a girl… So they’re on a date? I stare at them for a bit longer, and came to the conclusions that the guy has great taste. He picked a nice setting and the perfect time to go on a date. The café looks great at night and everyone else is gone so it’s just the two of them.

“… It’s sweet but the girl looks bored.” I said quietly to myself as I watched them converse to each other. The girl wore a regular white knitted sweater and jeans, her hair was pinned up to a messy auburn bun and she fiddled with her drink as she nodded to the guy’s endless ranting.

This guy’s blowing the date, just look at him. First, he’s so not dressed up for it, he’s wearing a neon-colored top and baggy jeans, plus his hair was blonde, like literally sunny blonde it’s kind of distracting really and second he kept on talking and talking about something that I guess he’s really into.

His constant ranting was finally cut off when the girl’s phone rang in her hand. She looked awfully confused when she saw the caller ID but took the call anyway. I decided that I was best for me to leave so I turn and kept walking.

After about 4 steps, I heard the café’s front door bursting open with a sudden *ding* of the bell and the girl from earlier rushing out holding her phone and her purse.

“Chincha-yo? Unnie, I’ll be right there!” She shouted into the phone, ending the call then began running to my direction.

I widen my eyes when I saw her coming right at me. If I don’t move, I’ll probably get hurt. So I quickly stepped back and avoiding clashing with the girl’s way.

She took notice of this and made a quick eye contact with me. She smiled. She smiled at me before sprinting off to who-knows-where. I blink to myself registering everything. Is it just me or she looks a tad bit familiar.

I stare at her retreating back and tilt my head in thought.

 

SOYOU’S POV

*SLAM* the door made a harsh contact with the wall next to it as I slammed it open after putting our code.

Why am I here you ask? Well, Hyorin unnie called me for a second time *so she was also the one trying to call me earlier* begging me to home immediately because of a DIRE emergency. So I dropped my bag on the couch and ran straight for her room.

“What  happened unnie?!?! IS THE HOUSE ON FIRE?”

“No!”

“WERE YOU ?”

“NO!”

“THERE WAS A THIEF WASN’T IT?!” Hyorin unnie didn’t even bother to reply to me as she smacked my head.

“Yah, why are you so panicky?!” 

I scrunched my eyebrows at her and pout deeply. “You said there’s an emergency..”

“Yes! But not THAT kind of emergency~!” she flails her arms trying to emphasize her point.

“S-Sorry…” I awkwardly rubbed my head and retreated back to the living room to close the front door which I left open and unattended.

Unnie paced around the room fanning herself and chanting incoherent nonsense under her breath. I really don’t know what all the fuss is about. Or why there was a ‘HUGE’ emergency regarding her. So I sat on the couch and watched her.

“Uhmm, unnie what is the emergency?”

She blinked at me, unsure on what to answer at first but replied “I met this guy that I really like…”

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was summoned to come home ‘right this moment’ because of a guy?  I stare at Hyorin shockingly with my mouth slightly agape. “.. and what  does this have anything to do with me unnie?”

“Well uhm…” she replied a little red from my attitude.

“I was with Jeremy before you called and now I have to explain to him tomorrow why I dashed out like that on him. I mean it was incredibly rude! That’s like the second time I did something so, extremely impolite to him. I can’t believ—“ I ranted to her but was abruptly cut off when she kneeled in front of me and begged.

“Can you come work with me in the club tonight?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^ Ooooooohhh~ Soyou's going clubbing? OuO anyone excited?

@sapphire_flower: Thats beacuse Sungjong likes you ;D <3 Awww~! And I'm loving uuuuuuu~uuuuu~ You're so sweet, thank you so much :'D 

Hi~ hi to new subbies BabyBlueeLOVE & Lmonkeyy2

 

Sungjong loves you guys for reading this fic ^u^

ps. Sapphire_flower: see? He likes chu ;)