Chapter 12

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 12:

SOYOU’S POV

“Miss Jung?” I felt a slight shake but later ignored it. “Miss Jung?” There it is again. Wha-What’s happening?

I drowsily opened my eyes, which were sealed shut with the help of the extra tears I shed earlier. I see a middle-aged woman with brown hair that was tied back in a tight bun on the back of her head, wearing the train station’s standard uniform looking down on me and shaking my arm slightly.

“Ah, sorry to wake you Miss Jung but we’re nearing the station and I thought you might want to prepare your bags ahead of time before we reach the station?” She smiled sweetly at me as she explained why she woke me. I find it quite nice of her actually; to do such things like that whole-heartedly. I hope I get to meet nice people like her when I reach the city.

"A-ah neh. Kamsamnida, I'll go get it then." I bowed and thanked her then went off to fetch my things before we arrived at the station.

Once I stepped out of the station I breathed a lungful of air as I stretched my limbs from the trip. The air here smelled different that the air in Busan, although all air is all the same, it just did, must be the pollution in the air however from what I can see, the city’s air looks pretty clean.

I shrugged it off and pulled my luggage behind me as I looked around the station to find the busy streets of Seoul at its busiest, it was Rush Hour and numerous cars and people just got off work and are probably heading home to their families. I watched as employees from big buildings emerged quickly to either walk or drive home after a hard day’s work, shops and restaurants nearby filling in with people and families once their jobs were done, couples and lovers walking hand in hand around the streets and sidewalks enjoying their free time alone with each other.

*sigh* This is where I’ll be staying from now on, I thought to myself as I admired the busy scene before me. I better get used to it soon. I took in another breath before heading out to who-knows-where in this enormous place, hoping for the best.

...

Oh I forgot.. I need a map..

 

Author-nim’s POV

Soyou wandered aimlessly around Seoul’s wide streets in search of anything to get her started in living a life there, although she had a map it was no help since she barely understood where everything was. She was hopeless when it came to directions and Daehyun of all people knew this very well about her. She spun her head from left to right looking for random shops and places so she could get accustomed to the way the city worked and flowed. However she had one goal for the remaining hours of that day and is was to be able to find a place to stay. It may not have to be her permanent place but all she really needs is a place to spend the night so that in the following day she could search for a job. As she walked she stumbled to find a small peaceful street where the shops on it had a certain aura of beauty that charmed her. She immediately turned to walk on this street. 

After sometime of wandering around the street and popping in and out of random shops, Soyou decided to make her way to a quaint yet modern café she spotted whilst walking and thinking to herself. She pushed the door opened and was greeted by the small number of employees that were doing their shift happily. The place gave a very warm family feeling to Soyou, she politely smiled back at them and took a seat by the large glass window the café had, that allowed you to see clearly the happening outside adding another charm to the establishment. She placed her luggage next to her and her map on the table as she rested her worn out self on the comfy seats.

“Good Evening~” A brunette worker wearing the issued uniform greeted her enthusiastically holding one of the shop’s menus. “What would you like to have tonight?” Soyou smiled at the employee and kindly took the menu she offered in order to find something she would like.

The brown-haired girl then looked from side-to-side as if checking if there were signs of trouble then sat herself comfortably down across Soyou. Soyou, confused as of why she would do that, just looked at her for a brief moment then continued to read the menu when the girl spoke up to catch her attention once again.

“Hi~ I’m Hyorin” the girl who seemed friendly enough to introduce herself held out her hand to Soyou, which she gladly shook and replied back.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Soyou” and this was how her story of Seoul started.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------