Chapter 1

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 1:

SOYOU’S POV

*THUD* a loud noise erupted from somewhere in the room. A normal person could care less in a situation like this, but unfortunately I’m not like one of those people. I tried to think positive and told myself that it can be Daehyun falling off his bed again.

*THUD* it’s that sound again… I’m starting to feel paranoid and with that I sat up immediately. I scanned our small shared room, taking in the sunlight entering the room and seeing no threat what so ever, however because of the abruptness of my action I alarmed my younger sister, Krystal.

“WE’RE NOT HOME!!” she blurted out half-consciously and jolted up preparing herself for this usual situation. Her pretty brown wavy hair sticking out in all directions making her look completely different from her everyday attire. “Unnie, wha—“

*THWACK* “What in the name of food?!?” exclaimed the dirty blonde who is now sprawled on the floor.

“It’s nothing guys. I thought Mrs. Park was looking for us again...” I calmly replied. Mrs. Park was the owner of the current ‘house’ we’re staying in, though I could hardly call it a house to begin with. I mean the rooms are old and grungy, the toilets barely work and the windows were all crumpling into dust. We changed all those things to make this place a little more livable, but we still have to put up with it and unfortunately, this was all we could afford at the moment. Our parents both work to be able to pay for everything. The rent, the food, our studies, and our daily expenses it’s all depending on them. It makes me feel so helpless.. I know enough, I’m strong enough and I can work as well! I can help them but they won’t let me. They wanted me to finish studying and get a good education before immersing myself into work.

*sigh* Sometimes, I just want them to forget about me for a minute and let me help them for once.

They won’t even let me get a part-time job… Whoops, back to topic. We can’t always pay the rent at time so Mrs. Park often comes over when our parents are gone to work and forcefully knocks on the door until it breaks down. She then raids our house for things that might serve her some cash until we can pay her. Since she did it many times before, my siblings and I managed to cope with her and get used to it already. Ha, we even got it down to technique when she comes. One thing’s for sure, Mrs. Park is a bully, period. That’s all there is to it.

“Seriously? You don’t worry ‘bout that, I got it in the bag” bragged Daehyun.

“Psssh, if I didn’t shout, you would probably be still dreaming about food >.>” countered Krystal.

“Yeah, thanks bride of Frankenstein” he teased, helping himself up and fixing his clothes and whatnot. This received a glare from her as she patted and combed her hair down to normal.

“C’mon guys, freshen up and let’s eat breakfast” I said with not much enthusiasm, but forced myself to get up and go to the kitchen.

As I’m frying some eggs on our history old stove, I kept hearing Daehyun & Krystal arguing continuously from our room. I always wondered what’s going on with those two. When it comes teasing and arguing with each other, they seem to have all the energy in the world regardless if they are beat down and tired or just awoken. Tch, but I’m glad I have them though~

They are like real siblings to me, they treat me as if I’m really their older sister, although we all know I’m not related to any of them. I was orphaned when I was really young, and Mr. and Mrs. Jung found me. They still took me in even though they could hardly take care of their own children. They raised me well and loved me even better… and honestly, I don’t want to meet nor know who my real parents are; they abandoned and left me. While Umma and Appa gave me everything even though they don’t have much. I smiled inwardly to myself as I replayed the many times they told me they didn’t have the heart to turn away from someone as helpless as I was.

I expertly flipped the egg in the pan as I slathered butter on some toast and placed them on separate plates for the three of us. Daehyun, who probably beat Krystal to the bathroom, came out first and helped me set the table for us.

“Hey sis, why’d you think it was the Parrot Lady?” he asked using his childish nickname which he created when he was a child, because of the extreme resemblance of Mrs. Park to a parrot we saw on TV.

I giggled slightly. “Well for one it was the loud thuds, and second I couldn’t hear you snoring so that, by itself was pretty much suspicious.” He stared at for a moment then returned.

“Since when do older sisters keep track of their brother’s snoring?”

“.. Since the day you started snoring~” I replied which earned me a look that was a clear give away that I won this round.

“GOOD MORNING UNNIE—close your mouth, you dork.” Krystal entered the kitchen-slash-dining room with a half finished greeting and an order.

“Morning Kryssie” I replied, placing the last of the plates on the table before she came and back hugged me.

“Sorry I couldn’t help out. Someone just had to hog the bathroom”

Daehyun who recovered from our jabs finally talked. “Well if I didn’t it would’ve taken you ages to finish fixing that bush you call hair” he once again went for Krystal’s morning hair as an easy escape. The two then glared at each other until I began digging into my food which then snapped them back to the reality that we were having breakfast. They eagerly consumed their food until there was not much left.

“That was a good breakfast~” the boy mumbled out as he leaned back on his chair after taking the last bite out of his toast.

“You said it… Now we’re ready for today” Krystal agreed and began putting the plates in the sink and proceeding with our chores.

“Neh, so for today Kryssie will do the dishes and will clean the kitchen. While I will polish the furniture and clean Mom & Dad’s room along with the living room…” I finalized.

“Yeah, yeah sure—but wait, that leaves me with..”

“..THE BATHROOM AND OUR ROOM” Krystal finished Daehyun’s sentence.

“Oh joy, this time you’ll clean it” She grinned, obviously mocking her older sibling.

“Greaaaaat…” And with that we sped off to do our chores. Today’s gonna be a long day.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm nervous~~~ :/

First chapter here^^

I hope you guys like it~!!! Please subscribe and comment^^

@kiana0509: ehehehe~ then I hope you'll stick around and figure out ;D

/flies to write the next one/