Chapter 34

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 34:

HYORIN'S POV

Confused.

Utterly and outright confused.

Here I am sitting in the very corner of my dark room, I didn't even bother to move ever since I came home that night. I was still in the same clothes, in the same position, in the same state.

My feelings have never been this jumbled before. Everything is so messed up; I just figured out the guy I fell heads over heels for, the first guy I might actually have deep serious feelings for was cheating on me the whole time we were together with some spoiled rich bratty . And his best friend, who knew from the beginning what he was doing forced his drunken alcohol-driven self onto me after I figured it out.

I could still smell the liquor lingering around me. It smelt fresh and new like a newly opened bottle of alcohol, it's aroma swirling around me covering me in an invisible yet powerful bubble of depression and self-pity. It reminded me how stupid and vulnerable I seemed, how I openly let alcohol flood my system cutting off my sense of sobriety.

However my body was still aching from the bruises, the sores and the scratches from that brawl. I felt each mark, each sore, each cut and sting, like it was newly inflicted.

What is happening to me?

Why is this happening to me?

I asked myself over and over again as I stared at the vacant spot left on the floor near my bedside table. I saw their faces; Woohyun and Dongwoo. They were looking at me with two very different expressions. Woohyun looked devastated, like someone died and the blame was all pointed to him, a soft frown marred his handsome God-like features as his eyebrows creased. Whilst Dongwoo was wasted, he grinned his stupid sickeningly handsome grin, his eyes gleaming with intoxication, looking pleased as if finishing a job well done.

My phone rang for what I thought was the hundredth time today. It hasn't stopped ringing ever since I returned from that night. I never bothered to check or to look the the damned device. I wanted to be alone. I doubt it would be any of my friends or family, they all know I would be off having the time of my life somewhere or with someone by now.

 

SUNGGYU'S POV

Another day at home, another day having to witness the constant loving relationship of Soyou and my brother. I swear they already live together can't they for once act like their not as clingy as they both seem. I opened the heavy wooden door leading to the dinning room a bit surprised to find someone already there besides the servants and maids. 

She sat on the seat next to the head chair (which was next where I originally planned to sit), holding her mobile phone in one hand and a spoon being twirled in the other. Her golden brown hair was rounded up on one of her shoulders and her eyes display worry and slight panic. She still looked beautiful; of course. Making an effort not to disturb her, I walked quietly around the huge table but still kept my eyes on her.

She moved her fingers on the sensitive screen of the device, touching and scrolling, her eyes following every movement on the screen. My feet moved slowly but eventually stopped at my destination next to the chair I wished to sit on.

Soyou pulled her attention away from the screen to look at me. Her eyes showing relief of some sort; she quickly smiled at me before placing her phone down.

"Good Morning Sunggyu-sshi.." she said as I sat myself down on the chair which felt oddly hard this morning. 

"Don't have to be formal, Soyou. What's going on with you this morning?" I ask trying to start off a normal conversation, like a normal brother of your boyfriend would, right?

"I-I'm just really worried..." she let out, swirling her spoon inside her gooey mush of oatmeal. I looked at the slight pout on her lips and admired how cute she looked. How could someone at the age of 20 act like a 6-year old child and still pull it off?

That I'd never get; Sungjong is rapidly losing his aegyo, although he claims that he never needed any in the first place, with age. But with Soyou it seemed that her looks would be timeless. Years and years from now she could still do the same thing and look perfect without a hitch.

I'm starting to think this extra attention I give to whatever little action she does is unhealthy; I cannot go on like this at one point or another something big's going to happen.

"... and now he's saying he's going to come and take me once he finds out where I am!" she said exasperatedly, slumping back on to her chair. I blinked at her uncertainly. 

'Did I just miss everything she just said?'

'Yes. Yes you did, Sunggyu my friend.'

'Thank Sunggyu-shi, pleasure talking to you..'  ._____.

"Uhmm.. but how is he going to find you?" I replied not confident with my answer, trying hard to play along with the flow of the conversation. She placed a gentle hand on her temple and started rubbing soothing circles on the area.

"Knowing my brother and his genius friend. He would." she sighed before continuing "..and by the end of the day he might be pulling me out of here."

I looked at her confused; she has a brother?

"No! Trust me with the kind of security we have here, I wont let him get away with you." I told her with a straight face, not realizing what I hinted at.

Smiling at me before placing her hand gently on mine, she giggled out "Oh no, trust me, my brother wouldn't let you do that, oppa.

My heart feeling a bit joyful skipped a tiny beat, her warmth spreading to my hand, I smiled back at her. Although there was something strangely familiar about her smile.

 

AUTHOR-NIM'S POV

"Don't go! Soyou noona would just get in trouble." Youngjae reasoned yet again with Daehyun, trying hard to convince the other that by going to her right now wasn't the right thing to do. 

"She IS in trouble!"

Youngjae, being the smart person he is, used the information Soyou gave to Daehyun earlier in their conversation to search up the Sungyeol, who is extremely rich, apparently has two brothers and an elder sister and is quite well known in Korea. Thanks to all that, he came up with none other than Lee Industries' middle son, Lee Sungyeol. Who by pure fate was stated to have a mystery girlfriend.

Wasn't much of a mystery for Youngjae especially with just her face being covered. He immediately recognized the Busan tanned legs and slim long fingers of his best friend's sister.

With this news Daehyun was both furious and excited. He couldn't wait to strangle the life out of the guy; steal his sister and get away un-maimed?

That won't work.

It simply won't and making a point he rushed towards the door ready to borrow his Yongguk hyung's car (they've gotten quite close lately) and drive on over to get his sister back from the clutches of the devil spawn itself.

Driving with a speed limit enough to break every tracker within sight, Daehyun drove to the enormous mansion far from the city's main roads ready to retrieve what is his.

--------------------------------------------

Whilst still in the dinning room Sunggyu and Soyou ate and talked in peace. Sunggyu found himself getting to know her more, being more comfortable with her and with her the same, Soyou never laughed so much nor enjoyed a nice conversation that was so real ever since she pretended to be Sungyeol's fake girlfriend. This certainly was a nice change. She looked up to her new 'Oppa' and smiled to herself.

Everything was going well. She had someone to related to, she had someone to talk to in this household besides Sungyeol.

"Soyou." Sunggyu said, gaining her full attention. She did not quite like the way her name rolled past his lips, to her it sounded foriegn. Funny.

Her own name sounding different in his presence.

"Want to go around the city?.. I-I mean if that's alright with you?" he asked stuttering a bit in the process. Sunggyu tried to convince himself that this was not a date, for she was taken, but couldn't help himself to do just that. He felt somewhere in his heart that this could be a start of something else besides the relationship they had now.

"I would love to." she smiled at him, eagerly bouncing in her seat. She doesn't allow herself to act childish but at rare times with Sunggyu, she just allows herself to do as she pleased. 

"Great. I'll show you my favorite places." his eyes almost disappearing because of how wide his smile became. He stood up and placed out his hand for Soyou to hold onto and use to help her get up.

Looking up at her oppa she blushed and took hold of his open palm.

She got up with his help and went to her room quickly, excited to leave and explore the city. With Sunggyu.

Walking towards her door after dressing up she stopped momentarily to look at the large pile of fluff on top of her bed. She quickly went to hug the teddy bear she has grown to love a lot.

''Noona's going out for a while, arasso? Guard my bed my strong warrior~" she giggled and left to meet Sunggyu by his car in front of the mansion.

-----------------------------------------------

Sungyeol thrashed and moved on his large bed. He could help but feel giddy. Although he had no apparent reason to be, he just was that morning. He looked on the right side of his bed and remembered the very first time Soyou came into the masion. He was drunk and she was tired, how romantic.

He smiled to himself when he remembered how they both were that morning; he remembered the way he held her in his arms and almost made a move on her sleeping figure. 

Slightly wishing he could hold her like that again, he managed to convince himself to get off his lazy and go to get some breakfast and hey, he'll see her there anyway. Grabbing a clean shirt on his way out and brushing his hair up he walked casually to the dinning room, ready to greet the people he expected to see there.

However, he was greeted with nothing but a couple of maids bowing to him and faithful Mr. Kim looking at him through his small spectacles.

"Good morning Master Yeol. What would you like this morning?" the old servant ask pulling a chair out for him but was answered by another question.

"Where's Soyou?"

-----------------------------------------------

Parking the car in a gangster bad guy manner in front of the masion after much hassle trying to get through the gate of the estate, Jung Daehyun opened the car door and like a lead of an action filled movie he got out of the vehicle filling the air around him with a bad boy-esque feeling and sheer confidence.

Feeling great at the moment he saw someone exit the front door in a frantic hurry, he ran towards the guy he recognized immediately (thanks to Youngjae's pictures) and spared no time at all and takled him to the ground chanting a specific phrase and he wrestled the poor man on the ground.

"GIVE ME BACK SOYOU!"


hey guys! :D
It's been so long >_< and I know this is like super super late. I just wanna wish you guys a late Happy New Year.

I hope your 2013 has been fine so far? :3

And also Happy Birthday to Lee Jeongmin (my bias u__u) 2/01/2013

So yeah, because of my disease *coughs procastination syndrome coughs*

I wasn't able to post this earlier, even though it was already done T^T

I will be uploading a bunch of chappies up to make up for lost time :) BUCKET UPDATE =3=

Will reply to all of your beautiful comments on the last of the bucket update ^u^ 

I saw all your comments and zxcfghjklasdfgasd. Thank you <3