Chapter 40

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 40:

SUNGJONG'S POV

"She died." 

"No hyung. Tell me what really happened..."  He looked at me with emotion filled eyes pleading for someone to listen to the words they have to say and the story they try hard to conceal. I looked at him intently and tried to express with my eyes as much emotion as there is in my whole being to get him to tell me what really happened to her. 

I don't believe that she would die that quickly. Not without a fight. 

"I can't.." He bowed his head down, suddenly focusing his strong gaze on the wooden table. 

"Hyung, you have to tell me what happened... I can't stop thinking about her." I tried again hoping my confession could change his firm decision. 

"You.. Can't stop thinking about her? That makes two of us..." He chuckled darkly.

"Please tell me she didn't die.." I whispered , feeling a bit defeated that he still refused to give out any information about her. 

"I'm sorry Sungjong—"

"Just tell me that hyung. Just tell me she didn't die in that accident..." 

Getting no response, he stood up shakily and walked towards the waitress paying for both our drinks as I just sat there motionless staring at the spot he previously was. Unable to think of anything else to try and convince him.

Should I get on my knees? Should I sell my soul? What else should I do?

But before I knew it he was gone. He left me there with no answer to my question, feeling at a loss I gathered my wits and stood up ready to leave for my hotel, until a waitress approached me. 

She was the same one that served me, but this time she no longer looked flirty but had a solemn expression on as if being respectful to me and my dejected mood.

I looked at her unsurely before notcing that she held a small piece of paper and was holding out to me. I took the paper in my hands and bowed to her before turning around to exit. The moment I stepped out of the warm and cozy establishment, I looked down at the note and with a clear intelligent handwriting on the semi-crumpled piece of paper it said:

She didn't die.

 

AUTHOR-NIM'S POV

Sunggyu chuckled as he watched the pointless banter envelop before him. Sungyeol was shouting random profanities whilst Daehyun relentlessly retorted with fairly similar insults. He contemplated whether he should break up two or go over to Soyou.

Option 2 seemed much more enjoyable.

Walking normally, confident that the arguing pair wouldn't notice a thing, he went over to Soyou who was watching with mild confusion. She couldn't really utter a word that the two would actually heard, much less listen to.

"Wanna go get some breakfast now?" he asked her politely, looking at how she closed her opened jaw and blinked a couple of times before responding.

"Umm.. sure, but what about.." she trailed off, letting her thin finger point out what she meant. Her eyes were wide and her mind still not wrapping around the thought of them going at it so very early in the morning. Shortly, she heard Sunggyu chuckle before shaking his head, his already very small eyes turning into microscopic slits.

"I'm sure they won't go anywhere." he smiled a small smile at her, which she then returned eagerly. Bouncing off the mattress with slight enthusiasm she pulled her hair up and left for breakfast with Sunggyu. Leaving a completely oblivious Sungyeol and Daehyun in the bedroom.

Walking side by side in the narrow corridor, Sunggyu and Soyou each tried their best to look straight; tried. Every once in a while their gaze would fall on the other, noticing every little detail of one another, like how Sunggyu stuffed his hand in his back pocket and removing it almost immediately after he did so or how Soyou would pick on her nails the crack her fingers every once in a while.

It was awkward. Even more so once Sunggyu figured out he unintentionally directed them to a longer route, making the time they spent together longer than expected.

Soyou broke the silence by giggling, which of course immediately gained Sunggyu's attention.

"What's so funny?" he questioned momentarily stoppingand looking over at her.

"You. Are you sure you're taking me to the dinning room, oppa?" she let out while she laughed. Her eyes became cute crescents and her cheeks rounding up as she smiled; everything about her mesmerized him and had him under her spell.

"Wha— OF COURSE! Would I get lost in my own house?!" he faked hurt in his voice and stomped onwards, eyebrows scrunching up to make a wavy line across his forehead. She watched as his bottom lip popped out ever so slightly before trudging on, leaving her standing on her own.

"Yah! Oppa!" he heard her call out, but plainly ignored it that is until he felt something warm wrap around his left arm, he then looked at her.

Flashing a playful grin she looked at him, "Why would you leave me?! I'm hungry and I don't know where the dinning room is!" he chuckled at her childishness before leaving forward to mess up her hair.

Feeling the loose strand spread onto her face she complained loudly before detaching herself from him and fixing her auburn hair. Having someone treat her very playfully was quite foreign to her. Sure she had Daehyun, but he was more of the protective kind and she knows he loves her nevertheless, but she always wanted to experience someone who would feel comfortable enough with her.

An oppa? A boyfriend? A lover?

All of the above.

 

BORA'S POV

Dragging my sorry self to the table, I tried my best to look ok. I really did. I fixed my bed hair to a nice straight do, I washed out all the dried up tears and covered it up with light blush, I changed out of my comfortable shell of loose  clothing into fashionable more preppy clothes. All to convince myself that I was fine.

That I can make it 'till the end of the day. Yeah.

Mr Kim placed down my eggs and bacon on the table before bowing deeply then taking his place in the right hand side of my seat. Standing as straight as a ruler he made no movement and waited on me patiently, as he did years before.

I poked my fork in the crispy well cooked bacon hearing the crunch of the strip of pork before lifting it up to my mouth. I savored the fatty goodness before it disappeared and is replaced with the usual bland taste I always seemed to have in my mouth.

At that moment, two people bust inside the quiet dinning room, giggling and grinning as they walked side by side. Probably unaware of their own actions. I watched quietly as she smiled and giggled at hi and he trying hard to conceal his own laughter and just opted to brush it away with a kind gesture of pulling her chair out for her. Which coincidentally happens to be his usual seat.

Now with a hint of curiosity, I watched the two continue their previous conversation; teasing and flirting as if they were the only two to them.

I felt a spark of envy at their show of affection, it makes me miss those days. Those days of shy looks, awkward silences and weird conversations just for the sake of taking to each other. I smile sadly to myself, knowing if I ever find love again, it won't be the same. It will never be. 

I chew my eggs slowly as the two talked as they ate; with no care in the world they continued. Feeling like an outsider I decided not to utter a word, so the two will be uninterrupted. But as I looked down at my plate a realization hit me.

The boy wasn't Sungyeol.


@iamKcBangs: Well, I wanted this to be a Bucket update but I couldn't finish the other chapter yet so, it'll come out later ^^

@seojjang: I'm sorry u___u I hope you don't stop supporting the story

@BABYBlueeeLOVE: nope. Since they're adoptive siblings they don't look alike xD So gyu has no idea who he his to Soyou ^^

@sapphire_flower: D'awww! Yes! I wanted to write more though u__u. Haha, thank you! I love it as well, ICTLY finally has a poster hehe. No I don't mind, I really appreciate it if you do :) And I proof read them again, I hope there isn't much mistakes. ^^a please tell me if it seems a bit too slow for you guys, cuz I planned this fic to be quite long, since there isn't much long SisFinite fics. 

@nicolezaide: here it is, with chapter 40. <3 I srsly ship Soyou with so many idols omg

@kwangyeonxluhan: Ahh! New comment-er XD haha, thank you for loving it. and for that I love you <3 


Working on next updates, I want to update it soon as well, cuz even I want to get to the interesting parts XD
Thank you for the comments everyone. It really is heart-warming to see that you took the time to comment on the story :D