Chapter 13

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 13

SUNGGYU’S POV

“Young master, it’s time for dinner. Would you like to come down to eat?” Mr. Kim told me as he stood at the entrance of my room as I told him no one is allowed to enter my room unless I asked them to. I also told some of the guards to keep my brothers away from my room under all circumstances until Sungjong begs for forgiveness at my feet.

“No, I don’t want to face that diva.” I shook my head firmly and crossed my arms across my chest. Sungjong, my younger brother decided to wake me up in a different manner this morning.

HE POURED ICE WATER ON ME

I pouted to myself as I buried myself deeper into my bed. It was so cold and not to mention I swallowed some of it, because I probably slept with my mouth open again. Why did I deserve this. At least Yeol got talking; sure it was about him being married with his psycho ex-girlfriend and having 5 terror kids that looked and sounded exactly like her but it was much better than being frozen awake. I replayed a particular conversation I had with Mrs. Kim this morning about Sungjong’s doing.

Earlier that day~
 
“C-Cold… s-so cold…..” I shivered out as Mrs. Kim put a warm towel on my forehead to prevent me from catching a fever.
 
“My apologies young master.” She suddenly said to me.
 
“W-What for Mrs. Kim?” I looked at her with curious eyes.
 
“Master Sungjong asked the maids and servants not to wake either of you two up so he may do it himself. Of course, I didn’t know what he had planned so I gave him permission to do so and ordered the maids not to interfere.” She confessed to me. It’s funny how to us three brothers she’s so sweet and caring but towards Bora noona and the maids she’s always so strict and uptight that you can practically see flames erupt from her eyes. Hehehe~ at least we have something noona doesn’t, Mrs. Kim’s favor. However Bora noona has Mr. Kim’s favor so I guess we’re equal again =_=
 
Anyway returning to Mrs. Kim “Oh, don’t worry about it Mrs. Kim.” I replied assuring her that she would not be blamed for what might happen afterwards, but it’s not like I’m that immature to blame her, the person who gave Sungjong to do that… Oh no, I’m way too old to do that…
 
I’LL BLAME THAT MAID WHO LEFT THE BUCKET THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
WHEN I FIND OUT WHICH ONE WAS IT, I’LL HAVE HER FIRED!!!!
 
Back to current time

After that I stayed in my room the whole day refusing to come out and face my brothers, so I ordered the servants to bring me my food in my room and told them to fetch me random objects I needed so that I could keep myself entertained but to no avail. I was bored. I’m still bored to be frank, that’s why I’m lying in bed doing nothing.

(The garden nor the view of the city isn't in the picture but this is the best i could find, mianhe~)

I turn my head to the right where I have a large window which had an excellent view of our mansion’s enormous maze-like garden and swimming pool, but if you looked farther and squint to a certain extent you could practically spot the main city’s bright neon lights, big billboards and tall skyscrapers.

This is one of the main reasons I chose this room as mine, apart from it being slightly bigger than the others and farther away from Yeol and Jong’s rooms /which is a good thing considering how much noise those two make/ it was because it had a small view of the city. I know you could see the city through magazines, TV, newspapers and such but I have never wandered the streets of the city by myself. Like really go wandering through its dark alleys, look around in its wide variety of shops and just relax by the park or something. I never got to experience that, all I got were brightly lit personal parks which had its own mini zoos and wishing fountains that only the rich and famous go to. Big family owned mega-malls that had all the branded boutiques in them and so on. Even though what I had was pretty damn good, I had to admit I always wondered what it would feel to live normally. It's a secret dream of mine.

I often asked my brothers what they thought of living the normal life would be like and their answers were far from what I hoped for. Sungyeol said that it would be troublesome and tiring since you had to work hard to have money and can only afford to buy instant coffee and not even the good kind. While Sungjong said it would be nice for a while but will soon turn into a nightmare when you run out of lotion and can’t buy anymore since you have to save up to buy new clothes since of course what you’re wearing is so last minute ago. I shook my head as I pushed my random thoughts and hopes away and faced the present. Just then as I was putting myself back together a knock came from my door.

“Who is it?” I asked not really caring who.

“ehem— It’s your dinner young master~” I heard a high pitched voice say from behind the door.

“Ah, arasso enter and leave it inside.” I ordered and sat up to receive my dinner, but what entered my room wasn’t my dinner but…

“Ohohohoho~ I think we forgot something, young master-nim~”

“Yes~ yes~ I believe it was your dinner, hihihi” giggled out my two annoying brothers as they entered my room wearing maid outfits, insanely thick make-up and fake colored wigs. They kinda reminded me of clowns.

“Wh-what are you—…” I didn’t get to finish as my brothers each grinned at me evilly as they revealed the buckets of ice water they had hidden behind their backs. I gulped as I took a wild guess at what they’re trying to do.

“Why, young master-nim it took us a long time to get here because of your guards” Sungjong stated.

“However we were still able to get through with the help of some people, ehihihihi” Sungyeol squeaked happily.

“Now we shall deliver your prize for successfully locking your brothers out of your room for the whole day!”

“Oh yes~ yes! How fun!” They both then changed their dorky evil grins into smirks of pure horror.

“Say ‘aaahhh’ young master-nim~!!!” they lunged at me soaking me in freezing cold water for the second time today.

 

SOYOU’S POV

I smiled widely at the girl in front of me, who I have now met as Hyorin. She had curly brown hair but straight bob cut bangs, which covered her whole forehead, big blue eyes which I assume are contact lenses and a tiny heart-shaped face. I completely forgot about eating when we started talking, we had an instant connection as if we we've known each other for ages!

"Flats or Heels?"

"Heels for life! Stick or Gloss?"

"I go for gloss most of the time. Short or Skirt?"

"How dare you ask that question! Ahh~ passsss!"

We went on and on until we managed to pull together a sensible conversation.

“Hey Soyou~ So are you from out of town?” she asked eyeing my black luggage and map of Seoul.

I nodded a little too eagerly at her which then caused her to chuckle at me. “ehehe, I mean, yes unnie. I’m from Busan.” I properly replied to her.

“Whoa, Busan huh? Kekeke, I can tell from your accent.” She pointed out for me which then caused me to giggle.

“Well, I hope to lose the accent soon though. I plan on staying here in Seoul for a while~” I told her.

“Chincha?! That’s great! Haha, and don’t worry about that, just stick with us and you’ll get rid of it soon enough” she promised.

"Oh, by the way, do you perhaps already have a place to stay?"

"Ah, ani unnie. I actually forgot that I was suppose to be looking for one right now.." I mentally face-palmed myself for getting too carriend away.

"Really?! .. Well.. Do mind staying with me then?"

"Unnie-"

"OH C'MON! IT'LL BE FUN! I HAVE AN EXTRA ROOM AND EVERYTHING! PLUS, I PROMISE I WONT BITE~!" she squealed out, not even letting me finish my sentence.

"U-uhh really unnie? I would love to! But is it ok—"

"YAYY!" not letting me finish /again/, she jumped from her seat and ran straight to the cashier where a blonde employee was peacefully working.. well until Hyorin came.

"JE-RE-MY~aahhhhhhhhhhh!" the blonde guy standing behind the counter flinched at unnie's powerful voice and looked at her with a clearly annoyed expression.

"What is it now noona? Wanna skip work again?" he bluntly said out.

"Tch! I will not skip work! .. I'll simply go home early today.. BECAUSE I have something important to take care of"

"Oh yeah? What is it this time?" he sighed out looking at her with the most bored expression he could muster.

"I will be taking my new room mate back with me and will make her feel at home~" Hyorin gestured to me and smiled brightly. The 'Jeremy' boy looked over at me and blinked slight before turning his head back to unnie with a slightly pink complexion.

"mshurfhs.. fine.." he grumbled out keeping his eyes fixed on the counter. Once hearing this unnie immediately ran inside the employee room to fetch her bag and hauled me out of the cafe without a second thought.

Soon enough the both of us were talking incessantly, giggling from time to time and walking arm in arm to her studio,  which I recently figured out she owned as a graduating gift from her dad.

“So if you own your own studio, why do you have to work more than one job?” I asked her as we brought up the topic about jobs.

“Well, we aren’t that rich but my dad wanted me to at least have my own place to stay while I work. He also said this will probably be the last gift he’ll ever give me so I better take care of it!” she amusingly told me.

“Hahaha~ oh really? Well at least he gave you something before throwing you out on your own” I jokingly mocked her as we got off the elevator they had in the building and walked around the 4th floor to her place.

“Got that right! Hahaha, the old man’s still got some humor in him” she said as she punched in the lock combination on the door for it to open. “Oops, I forgot I haven’t cleaned in a while. I hope you don’t mind?”

I smiled at her and chuckled “No way, it’s fine!” she nodded at me then opened the door wide enough for the both of us to enter. “Then welcome to Casa de la Hyorin!”

She really wasn’t exaggerating when she said she didn’t clean for a while. I saw stacked bowls and plates in a corner of the living room, still with little chunks and bit of food left in them. Her clothes and pieces of undergarments scattered on the floor and strewn on the sofa making the house look like the result of a closet bombing. Random wrappers and packets of food lying on the floor and some of many products lined up on the coffee table. I laughed when she stretched out her arms in a poised manner bowing as she welcomed me into her messy place.

“Wow, you really weren’t kidding, were you?” I asked her which then earned me a laugh from her.

“Yepp~ not at all! You better get used to it though, since you’ll be rooming with me from now on” she stated as she closed the door once we both entered her living room.

She showed me my room, which used to be her old dressing room, and told me that I would be sleeping with her for tonight since we still need to fetch the extra bed that she had moved out when she didn’t have a roommate.

“We’ll fetch the bed tomorrow and probably do a bit of spring clean while we’re at it?” she said feeling quite abashed about asking me to do so much.

“Sure, it’s not a problem. It’s the least I could do for you, for letting me room with you” I smiled at her, which she then shrugged away playfully

“Eh! Don’t even consider it a favor to stay here, you’re my prisoner! Buahaha!” she joked and held me at a head lock pulling me into her room.

We played around and wrestled with each other for a while before calming down on her bed, where we then started share more things about each other. I laid down on the right side if her bed, hugging one of her pillows while telling her my story. Me waking up in Busan, growing up with my foster family and coming to Seoul for my dream, she listened carefully as I told her the happenings in my life and from time to time she would comment on how tragic it must feel and whatnot.

"Don't you ever feel curious about your real parents? or family?"

"No. I don't want to meet or know about them at all."

"Why?!?"

"Well because they left me. And because of that I found a better family who loved me enough not to abandon me." I carefully explained and saw her nodding her head in agreement.

"Got a point there saeng... *yawn* Awww~! How 'bout get some sleep,aye?"

"Sure unnie~" I smiled at her and we both feel as sleep as soon as we closed our eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@sapphire_flower: I know T^T I was so sad when I didn't see them there! QAQ I mean all of your comments are so special to me and losing them is just ... 

  

but I guess I'll just have to deal with it... *sniff* Yeah, don't worry the missing chapters will be up soon and I might even edit a few stuff /youknowsinceI'masortofaperfectionist/ lol~ Anyway, please be patient and I will definitely give you guys more to read ^~^ 

I Love You guys a lot~! and thank you for still being with me in this fic :)