Chapter 36

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 36:

SOYOU'S POV 

Stopping in an unknown location, Sunggyu parked his sleek jet black Zenco ST1 in front of a what it obviously looks like a Lee Corporation project.

The high rise ceiling made it hard to look up but somehow I still managed. It was a clear ceilinged building, which showed the skies above us perfectly, the sun was the only source of light in the large private facility. I don't know why did he take me here exactly but I'm sure there was a more valid reason than 'I just wanted to show you around'.

Guards on either side of the inner entrance bow and opened the door for us with what I'm certain are forced smiles which they were required to do as a protocol every time anyone worth knowing passed through the glass doors.

The inner walls proved to be a better sight than the previous room; it was large and spacious, it smelt of freshly watered plants and sweet flowers, oh and one crucially point about the location is that it was basically a large indoor garden.

Plants sprouted from their man-made beds and flowers were placed upon bizarre yet absolutely magnificent styles and designs, as if they were each thought of as a piece of artwork which some highly popular artist design specifically for it to be displayed in a place like this... which they might actually be.

"Why are we in your personal park?" I asked bluntly, whilst crossing my arms.

I hear a scoff come from behind me and see a proud Sunggyu walk off mumbling something along the lines of 'It's not a park' and 'Be grateful'.

Following him through the turns and paths wasn't as easy a task as it proved to be. It was much more confusing once the plants and trees started to appear larger or it was mainly my mind playing games with me.

"Sunggyu? Yah, where are you? I can't see you in all this green." I call out, silently hoping he wasn't far that he couldn't hear me anymore.

"Just follow my voice." I heard him from not far away but still moved my head aimlessly.

"I can't. Just tell me where you are.." 

"Errr, I can't really do that either." I knitted my eyebrows together in cofusion and instead of asking him another pointless question I listened carefully as to which direction I last heard his voice. I walked a couple of unsure steps until I came to a dead end, or more specifically a wall covered in thick curtains of vines and flowers making it seem like a rather pillowy wall.

"Sunggyu?" I called out and just then did a familiar arm came out of the green covered wall and bring me into it's embrace.

----------------------------------------------
 

He pulled me around the large what I thought was a century old establishment with blatantly obvious excitement all over his face. His hold on my hand never loosening even though mine felt wet and cold out of nervousness and embarrassment, which was mostly accumulated by the sweat my body hasn't stopped releasing every since he held my hand.

We received a lot of peculiar looks from the people around us the moment we were first spotted out side of his car.

His other car.

 I could tell it wasn't the part of the city I was more used to, which to my dismay is the part of the rich and famous. The place was more quaint and olden, and kinda reminds me of the street where Hyorin unnie's studio was, and also where the cafe was. 

Now doesn't that feel slightly nostalgic.

I should remember to visit unnie one day to see how she's been doing so far, especially after what happened with Woohyun. I, personally have never felt so enraged and disgusted at a man before. Well that is until now.

"A-Are you tired? I promise we're almost there.." I hear Sunggyu's faint voice echo in the almost empty floor we were on as he shook me out of my train of thought. 

"U-Uhmm, yeah, don't worry. I just thought of something.." I gave him a half-hearted smile and urged him to push on forward and take me to this "paradise", as he described it. 

I couldn't really get anything out of the very little description he gave me, the first thing my mind could conjure up about the word 'paradise' is a white sandy beach with a couple of small Caribbean crabs scattering across the sand, a bunch of hunched back palm trees pointing towards the sea and coconuts scattered amongst their roots. 

But seeing as we're no where near a deserted island I quickly dismissed the thought. 

"Ah.. we're here" My tall small eyed guide reached for a creaky door handle and open the door which has a spitting resemblance to our previous front door back in Busan.

The air from that place was somewhat fresher, the sky seemed closer and reality seemed to slip away. The view gave you the feeling of being in power, of being in control, the feeling of being responsible. The building wasn't a skyscraper, nor was it newly built, but it showed everything you needed to see in a small area like this.

"Wow." I said looking down the edge of the building.

"What do you think of it?" he sounded a tad less confident than he was earlier about this place, probably worried that I was a complete disappointment to my expectations. Well to be honest my expectations were already disappointments even without this place.

"I think its breath-taking." I answered him, not really looking at his reaction to my answer.

"In a good way or in a bad?" I chuckled a bit and turned around to find his face and body oddly close to mine, not that I minded, but the surprise came first as I jumped a bit in my place and lost a bit of my balance. I feel my torso leaning towards the edge as it was beginning its journey of toppling me off the building. But before my lower back could collide with the short railing I was embraced back by two warm arms.

"..In a good way." I say partially breathless, as the action pushed out most of the air that my lungs had and probably fanned across Sunggyu shirt and chest.

"Are you usually this accident prone?" I hear him joke, I push him away quickly and laughed before putting on a fake offended expression.

"I am not accident prone! You just... s-scare me all the time!" I stomp on the floor and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you implying that I'm scary?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not implying, you are scary, geez." I grinned at turned my attention away from the now in denial hamster and looked back at the view.

I see a few housewives cleaning and doing their daily chores around their flats and houses; old ladies sitting near crates of vegetables selling them to passerby's who have taken interest in their produce; kids running in and out of their houses or playing hopscotch on the empty streets. 

Looking at this sight is merely a large scale version of a child's ant farm. You can see how everything operates, how they live and work; how they strive and have fun. The community was an ant farm to anyone who was in my place. 

"Why do you like this place?" I looked at the now solemn guy watching a young couple argue in the streets. 

"It's because in the future... one of us will succeed our line and take over everything here."

I stare at him unsurely. "what do you mean 'one' of you? Won't you all be part of the same company?" 

"Not really. Out of the four of us, only one would success the company and this is the one who manages to wed and merge the strongest alliance of our company."

I felt my heart die partially at the thought, but urged him to continue. 

"Then the other three would be arranged to other lesser but still strong companies and success their line, but it's still in our name." His eyes were hard, serious and sad.

I couldn't help but feel a bit bad for them; unknowingly my hand reached out to his and grazed the soft skin on top of his hand. He didn't look at me but his fingers curled around mine and held it tightly.

Aside from the sadness of their lives they still manage to stay as fun as they are; this wasn't a bad date after all.

-Day.

 

AUTHOR-NIM'S POV

"Young master would you like another ice pack?" Sungyeol groaned and nodded his head in pain before glaring across the room for the one who caused him to be in this position.

He was sitting casually in a far enough arm chair with a few cuts and bruises and a sickeningly handsome smirk on his thick cut lips.

"Mr. Kim, please tell me why you insist on not sending this guy to jail immediately and spend the rest of his worthless life there?!" The long legged master compained throwing one of his ice packs on the carpet as soon as he was handed a new one.

"I think I would be polite to invite him for dinner, sir."

"WHY."

"He seems like a nice gentleman"  

"NICE? He almost killed me with a curtain rod."

"But sir you threw a candle holder-"

"No."

"Yes you did, sir and we need miss Soyou to explain everything clearly."

"Just tell me when is hyung and Soyou getting home." he refused to hear the rest of the argument and place the ice pack on his eyes to block out Daehyun's stare.

Meanwhile in the mansion's garage...

"We should probably enter separately. Sungyeol would whine at us both if we enter at the same time." Soyou nodded, getting herself out of his car and straightening her clothes.

"Let's go then" she smiled before proceeding to enter the back-door and to the kitchen, while Sunggyu when towards the main entrance and entered. 

Both of them expected to be bombarded by questions and accusations from one tall raven haired guy but what they found was silence. Suspiscious at the lack of noise in the household they both walked towards Sungyeol's room to mke sure... you know, he was still breathing.

But on their way was chaos and pure mayhem. Everything was messed up and certainly looked like a brawl had occured. Soyou panicked at what could've happened to the said guy and ran faster to his room accidentally bumping into the familiar Mr. Kim.

"Oh, Miss Soyou! Finally, the sirs have been waiting for you." She blinked and felt a little relief.

"Sirs?" she made sure a little unsure at who the other one would be.

"Yes miss, a visitor by the name of Daehyun-" and without letting the old servant finish, she sprinted in pure worry and fear towards the room.

BOOM!

The door slammed to the wall next to it and a loud angered voice followed.

"YAAAAAAAAH" The two, turned into three boys sat stunned and wide eyed, probably scarred for life or scared as hell.