Chapter 24

I Choose To Love You

Chapter 24:

SEE HERE FOR SITTING ARRANGEMENT: CLICKEY HEREUE~!

AUTHORNIM'S POV

Everyone sat down in their chosen seats and made themselves confortable. Bora being the host of the gathering stood up from her seat and called on everyone's attention.

"Hi guys, I welcome you warmly to the Lee's humble home. I hope we have a good and successful dinner." she smiled her one of a kind sweet smile and gestured for the food to be brought in right away. Soon enough everyone was chowing down on their food and making little small talk along the way.

Soyou looked at the food from her seat in awe, never has she seen such delicious and expensive looking food in her life. There were mouth watering dishes like Beef Stroganoff, Filet Mignon, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Lobster Newburg. However there were also dishes that weren't really that enticing in her taste, such as Canard à la Rouennaise (Duck in Blood Sauce), Huitlacoche (Corn Fungus), De Jaeger (Snail Caviar) and Live Baby Octopus. She was the only one left not getting any food for herself this gained Sunggyu's attention.

"Uhmm, Miss?" he quietly whispered only to her.

"Ah, I'm Soyou. Jung Soyou."

"Soyou-sshi, Don't you want to get something for yourself?" She blinked at him and mutely nodded. 

"I suggest you taste the Lobster... i-it tastes good." he muttered out to her before returning to his own food awkwardly. 'Geez, why did you even talk in the first place' Sunggyu mentally scolded himself for saying something stupid. Way to make a first impression.

Sungyeol who managed to peek at Soyou's plate from across the table saw that she did indeed didn't take anything yet. So being the good pretend boyfriend that he is, he stood up and grabbed Soyou's plate and filling it up with food for her.

"You should really eat now yeobo.." he said out loud and was heard by everyone who bothered to listen. Bora looked at her brother with mild shock as he never did anything like that in public much less to his girlfriends. 

"I can get my own food myself Yeol.." Soyou pouted trying to reach for her plate but was ignored by him.

"Just let him do it. Nothing will stop him anyway." Myungsoo said, completely aware of his best friends character.

"I think it's sweet~" Sunhwa cooed from the far end of the table.

"What's so sweet about getting food?" Dongwoo randomly asked out.

"Because the food tastes good!" Jiae popped in.

"He's doing it for his girlfriend that's why," Bora answered.

"So if I get my date food, will it be considered sweet or that she's my girlfriend?" Woohyun winked across the table to Hyorin which she then replied with a giggle.

"Eww, hyung please keep you grease away from the table." Sungjong complained.

"What? There's nothing wrong with it~"

"It's too greasy"

"So what, if it's to this lovely lady I don't mind being like this all the time~"

"WOULD YOU CUT IT OUT? I AM TRYING TO EAT HERE" Dasom interrupted.

"Well aren't we all" Myungsoo mocked.

"Guys I don't think we should—" Bora started but never got to finish.

 

The Twins were at it again snapping insults and sarcastic comments to each other.

"Well duh, it's a dinner."

"Technically it's a party, doofus" Dasom sneered.

"Where's the proof Einstein?" Myungsoo challenged. 

"I'll show you proof bird brain."

"Bring it Miss Goody-Two-Shoes." It seemed that nothing would ever stop these two from arguing.

 

In the mean time Sungjong, Woohyun and Hyorin where having complications of their own.

"Hyung, see what you did? Now they're fighting again!"

"I did nothing of the sort, all I did was talk to my wonderful date who has been absolutely wonderful. Unlike you."

"Yah, Woohyun~ah you shouldn't treat your dongsaeng like that." Hyorin symphasized for the maknae.

"See even noona agrees..."

"That's because you're brainwashing her! Hyorin quick drink some water!"

"Brainwashing isn't fixed with water hyung!"

"AHA! SO YOU DO ADMIT INTO BRAIN WASHING HER!"

"Ugh, G-Guys?!"

 

Over at Bora's part, things weren't going so smoothly either.

"Guys. calm down!" Bora shouted out but was ignored by everyone else because they themseves are shouting.

"This wasn't the best party, I would say." Hoya bluntly said to her whilst munching on his food.

"A-And why would you say that? Everything's fine!" she snapped back annoyed at him for critisizing her work even when he hasnt even atteneded any of their families previous parties.

"The theme is off, the guests are noisy and the planning is all wrong" That hit a nerve, every ounce of patience she had for him immediately disappeared.

"Yah! What would you know?! You never planned a party before!"

"Well even if I did, I bet it would be more successful than this one."

"As if, I bet it would end in pure disaster."

"You mean like this one? I doubt it"

"As if! Who are you to critisize my work!"

"Oh, you did this... well that explains it.."

"What's that suppose to mean!? You don't know anything you idiot!"

"As if I probably know more than you."

"I highly doubt it Mr. Jang Howon." she glared at him with intense hatred as he did the same.

 

It couldn't get any worse you say? Well there's still the matter with Dongwoo, Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Soyou.

"WHY IN THE WORLD IS EVERYONE SHOUTING!!!"

"Stop it Dongwoo! You're just adding to the commotion!"

"I am? Am I? I AM!!! hahaha!!"

"Hyung, stop laughing a swarm of butterflies could fly into your mouth!"

"Hahahahaha!"

"Dongwoo-sshi you should really keep it down."

"Hahahaha!!!"

"YO DINO, CUT IT OUT!"

"Hahah— mmmsrfhshs" Sungyeol had stuffed a piece of bread into his mouth to prevent him from making anymore noise.

Amongst all this commotion sat Jiae, Sunhwa & Minhyuk eating their food peacefully whilst Mr. & Mrs. Kim just watched as the condition worsened.

 

BORA'S POV 

I can't believe the nerve of that guy! To come to my party, enjoy my hospitality and then insults all my work?! He's seriously pushing it.

I take a break from glaring at his hideous arrogant face and turn to his brother next to me. I widened my eyes when I saw him with a piece of bread stuffed in his mouth and choking.

"D-Dongwoo?!" I slapped his back hard to help him but to my surprise the piece of bread flew from his mouth and hit Myungsoo smack in the forehead.

"Euckk~ Ackk..!" Dongwoo coughed out once the bread was gone. Everyone looked at Myungsoo with wide eyes scared of his reaction but apparently Dasom wasn't one of us.

"Hahahaha~! OMG, that's hilarious! Hahahaha—" she was hit in the face with a piece of lobster. She glared at the direction it came from and saw her twin smirking at her.

"Yah!" she angrily threw back a baby octopus but was expertly swacked away by Myungsoo and hit Hyorin from across the table.

"Ahhhh!" she shrieked when the octopus landed on her head.

"Why'd you hit my date!?" Woohyun angrily declared and threw a piece of chicken towards Myungsoo but hit Jiae instead.

"OPPA! YAH!" she threw back some fish at him but Woohyun was quick enough to duck and it hit Sunhwa.

"Hey!" she randomly threw food around and by chance hitting Sungyeol.

"Ewww! It's bloody!!" Sungyeol let out whilst Sunggyu laughed at him, thus earning him a piece of lobster to the head.

I tried my best to calm everyone but was disturbed when a certain annoying laugh rang in my ears. I shot my head across me and saw Hoya enjoying the scene he was witnessing. This angered me more, he was enjoying seeing the party crash and burn. Well that's it. I grab a handful of snail caviar and chucked it at him covering his entire face with purplish blots.

"Ew-YAH!" he glared at me through the slimey delicacy flowing down his face.

"You deserve it you jerk!" I said before being bonked in the head with some fish.

"Let's the games begin Howon."

"Bring it Bora."

Soon everyone was chucking and throwing food at each other covering each of them in delicious food, even Minhyuk participated in the mess. 

 

SOYOU'S POV

*Thunder* ... *more thunder* No seemed bothered by the sky rumbling and lightning flashing across it. Everyone was too immersed in the gruesome food fight. Food was flying everywhere. Left. Right. Up. Down. You name it.

"EAT CORN LOSERS!" Sungyeol threw a bowl of what I assume is corn all over everyone showering us.

"YAH!!!" Everybody chorused and threw food back at him.

"You jerk!" I heard Bora shout and threw food across her to it think his name was Hoya.

"Control freak!" he then chucked a piece of bread over at her. At my ignorance I got hit in the head with caviar sploshing my hair and my clothes with its gooey-ness.

"Ahh! Ewww!" I said out and Sunggyu looked at me with mild amusement.

"Haha.. Pfft-haha!" I guess he just couldn't help it huh? We'll see about that. I took an octopus, silently apologizing to it before smacking it on his head.

He blinked at me for awhile as if comtemplating to hit me back or not. Then I saw him smudge the caviar on my hair onto my face.

"Mmmrrshhhsfs!" I tried to complained but was flatly ignored.

"Yah! What are you doing to my girlfriend!?" I heard Sungyeol cry out and felt Sunggyu let go of me. I opened my eyes to find the guy next to me drenched in blood sauce glaring at the now laughing male.

 

Rain started pouring down on us slowly drenching all of us, but none made an effort to leave the table. Soon enough everyone was playing around in the rain still throwing around wet and soggy food around.

 

AUTHOR-NIM'S POV

At the far left corner you could see Bora and Hoya still at it shouting insults at each other whilst smudging the other's face with food. Nearby was Sunggyu and Sungyeol tackling each other on the ground and Soyou trying to break them apart. In the middle you can find the twins actually getting along by beating the others with food. Which were Sunhwa, Minhyuk and Dongwoo. At the end of the entire havoc was Woohyun & Hyorin, the two people feeding each other unthrown food in the rain.

Thunder and lightning flashed across the sky alarming everyone. All of them looked around and finally noticed that they were all soaking wet. As if by telepathy all of them raced towards the door eager to get inside.

But things weren't going so well in the mansion either. Once the lightning struck, by pure coincidence it hit the mansion's electricity cable cutting off the Lee's entire supply of electricity.

 

--------- Inside the house. More specifically in the living room ---------

SITTING ARRANGEMENT: CLICK~!

"It's c-cold..." Sungjong managed to squeak out. Everyone was bundled in blankets and towels on the floor surrounding the large fireplace, except for Minhyuk & Sunhwa who managed to get home because their limo waited for them all that time unlike the others'.

"I'm f-freezing.." Soyou said through her towel, Sungyeol looked at her before scooting closer, his body reacting on its own.

"I'll help you with that.." he wrapped his long slender arms around her torso enveloping her in his embrace. A warm blush went through her face from the skinship. She never had anyone treat her like that before, so the feeling of having his arms holding her was relatively new. They both know this was just for show but something else irked in Sungyeol's brain. It made him feel warm and fuzzy, having her close to him, just like when he saw her on his bed. It was a strange feeling he couldn't quite point out but he just chose to push it aside and let it be.

Sunggyu on the other hand looked upon the couple and felt somehow out of place, which he never really felt before with other girls Yeol was with. His eyes watched how they both had pinkish colorings on their faces and how warm they looked. Everything about Soyou was something new to him, he held himself quietly and stared at the flames.

Myungsoo and Dasom, being the strange people they are both bobbed their heads sleepily at the same time and Sungjong watching them do so. Finding it amusing how they do things so in sync.

Bora and Hoya was in no speaking terms with each other, scooting to the back of the pack. Both of them ignore each other's presence and focused on getting warm. However breaking the icy cold atmosphere was the forever sunshine dinosaur in the middle of it all.

"HEY GUYS!? Why so gloomy? J-Just because it's cold d-doesn't mean we can't h-have fun!" he stuttered out grinning like a frozen kid.

"What should we do then?" Hyorin spoke up from beside Woohyun.

"Wanna have a talent show?" Sungyeol said.

"Mmhh? Wha- I heard talent." Myungsoo said waking himself up along with his sister.

Soyou giggled at them and watched everyone. "Yeah, let's do it Dongwoo-sshi" she said happily.

"Call me Dongwoo~" the dino said and kissed her right hand before being slapped away by Sungyeol.

"Hands off the property hyung." he let out impulsively, he mentally face palmed himself for saying that out loud.

"You've got a protective one saeng~" Hyorin cooed at them before winking over at Soyou, which silently kicked Sungyeol when no one was looking.

"Enough with the relationship talk please! And let's get the talent show thingy started." Sungjong said annoyed with the amount of lovey-dovey talk.

"Ok~ Who's first? Hmm.. Hyorin-ssi?" 

"M-Me? *chuckle* hmm, why not~ but in one condition"

"What is it?"

"Soyou has to sing with me~" Hyorin stepped up to the middle of the room and held out her hand for Soyou.

"Uhmm, unnie, I'm not any good at—"

"NONSENSE! Come here~!" she playfully pulled Soyou away from Sungyeol's grasp earning laughs and a scowl from Sungyeol.

They each held a spoon to make-shift for a mic in their hands and began to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZp0wItqfig

Everyone watched in awe as both the girls sang their hearts out busting ranges of high notes and harmonizing perfectly. Sunggyu blinked a few times trying to decipher if he was really hearing them correctly, while Sungyeol sat next to him missing the warm Soyou had given him. Woohyun as well as Dongwoo got goosebumps listening to Hyorin whilst the three youngest waved their hands in the air to the rythmn.

Bora's eyes slowly went towards Hoya's cold back and lingered there while listening to the song. Her eyes were solemn, with a tint of sadness somewhere. Hoya listened attentively but felt Bora's eyes on him, he didn't dare turn back to face her stare. He didn't want to bear seeing her eyes in pain, again.

The evening went on without a hassle.. They all bid their good-bye's and farewells except for two. Bora and Hoya both turned their backs on each other and walked their separate ways, thus this is was how their evening went~


T^T I'm not that happy with how this chapter came out.. but I had to get over it and write on so I can write the next scenes.

Please forgive the fail sitting arrangment pictures XD I just impulsively did it on paint.

@iamKcBangs: Yeah, I've been contemplating on where to put her until now.

@sapphire_flower: Yepp^^ *bows* Thank you :D <3 <3 <3

@BabyBlueeLOVE: Then here it is~! ^^ I hope its alright? I've had a hard time writing this one ._. Hehehe~ Don't worry, author-nim also ships SoGyu XD

 

THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS <3

HAVE SOME CUTE GYU-JIJI XD