You...You're...

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

Seunghee pushed her bangs away from her face with her free hand while she wiped up spilled milk tea from the tile floor behind the register counter.

 

While she sighed at the mess the café owner’s daughter made, the service bell in front of the register started to ding repeatedly.

 

Grimacing she stood up from the floor, and came face to face with a young man around her age as far as she could tell.

 

He was wearing a gray cowl neck sweater, that covered the lower half of his face, and shades indoors. Seunghee raised her eyebrows at his appearance, but then her eyes widened.

 

Although she couldn’t see her eyes or his entire face, somehow she just knew who it was.

 

“Oh my go-“She started to say, but was interrupted by Yoorin, her boss’s daughter who hip bumped her quickly to the side.

 

Yoorin smiled widely at the young man. “So sorry about that. Seunghee’s new. What can I get for you?” She asked quickly to compensate for Seunghee’s sudden blanking out.

 

“Doubleshot mocha, extra hot.” He said in an even voice. Yoorin nodded punching his order in as he handed her the money. Then she gave Seunghee a warning look who sighed, dusting herself off after having been pushed aside, and trudged to the espresso machine.

 

“Yoorin? Can you come out here for a minute?” Mrs. Kang, the owner of the café called to her daughter.

Yoorin hesitantly left the cashier station and told Seunghee to go back to her work.

 

Seunghee quickly made the espresso just as she was taught, skipping the foam art she usually attempted. Placing it into a white to-go cup, snapping the lid in place and putting a cardboard holder around it, she  slid it over to the young man, who she was surprised to find was just looking at her with a curious expression.

 

“What?” She asked, a bit taken aback. After hearing his voice she was sure she knew who he was.

 

“I’m surprised you can still recognize me like this.” He explained, as he picked up the mocha. She shrugged.

 

“And I’m surprised you’re not who I thought you would be.” She said dryly. He smirked and started to walk away, but something was ticking inside of her.

 

Frustration.

 

“Hey” She called out to him and he turned around. It was her turn to smirk.

 

“Shouldn’t I at least get a thank you for not outing you?” She asked him. He just smiled which frustrated her more.

 

“You’re new here as the manager’s daughter mentioned. I could very well tell her your customer service was less than satisfactory.” He countered back.

 

Seunghee gaped at this. “You wouldn’t.” She replied back. He shrugged. “So you’re a fan?” He asked, moving back to the front of the register.

 

She kept her face stoic. “No. I’m actually an MBLAQ fan.” She explained, as if that actually made sense as to why she could recognize him.

 

He raised his eyebrows at this and said nothing more, walking out of the café.

 

Seunghee leaned against the countertop behind the register with a sigh. She was a fan actually. And meeting her favorite member and learning he was a jerk, was such a letdown.

 

Straightening herself she went back to arranging new batches of boba in the large pot that was brewing the tapioca pearls.

_________________________________________

omo omo omo