Flashing Lights

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

 

When they broke apart, Eli helped Seunghee off of the park bench, and draped an arm over her shoulder. As they started walking, they had a weird feeling they were being followed. Glancing around, they spotted a camera peeking out from behind the tree, and suddenly a bright flash was aimed right at them.

 

Alarmed, they quickly broke into a run towards the track and field area, where Seunghee's parents were. A lot of paparazzi and reporters popped up from behind trees and bushes, and tried to chase the two. 

 

They fired questions as the pair ran hand in hand, as Seunghee's parents rushed to the van and got it ready.

 

"Eli! Is it true you and your Miss Lee are actually dating?! Were the reports from a few months ago actually true?!" Someone asked.

 

Eli and Seunghee just kept running, towards the van. 

 

But something in Eli made him want to stop the cover ups. He gave Seunghee a look, which she understood and slowly nodded.

 

He looked over at the reporter, and stopped running, as Seunghee's parents became confused, letting the van motor run, while they waited for the two.

 

"At that time, no. But now, we are." He said honestly. Seunghee nodded to re-affirm this and more questions were fired at them.

 

"How long have you been dating?"

 

"Does your management know?"

 

"Are you sure she's not just dating you for fame?"

 

~

The last question irked the two of them, and they glared at the reporters.

 

Mrs. Lee jumped out of the van and walked over.

 

"My daughter would never do such a thing. She likes Kyongjae, as a person. Not a celebrity." She said firmly, as Seunghee flushed at this.

 

Mrs. Lee lead the two to the van to avoid further questions, and Mr. Lee quickly drove out of the park.

 

--

 

Inside the van, Eli and Seunghee sighed. Mrs. Lee worriedly glanced from the front passenger seat, at them. 

 

"Things just got serious..." Seunghee breathed out. Eli nodded solemnly, and squeezed her hand in reassurance.

 

"Do you think your manager is going to be really pissed off?" She asked worriedly, as her dad drove to NH Media building, taking a backroute.

 

Eli glanced back at her. "Probably. But I doubt he would've been able to come up with an excuse for the pictures the paparazzi took especially if they took the one.." He started to say.

 

Seunghee cleared , and stopped him, but Mr. Lee muttered. "We already saw you." He said matter-of-factly.

 

And the couple blushed crimson. When they got to the side door of the building, they thanked Seunghee's parents and waved goodbye as they drove off.

 

Taking a deep breath, Seunghee glanced at the large glass doors, feeling her stomach churning.

 

Eli looked down at her, and squeezed her hand again, and the two walked into the building slowly.

 

As they passed the different dance rooms, and office cubicles, alot of people gaped at them and their linked hands.

 

HaeRi's pre-debut group, was practicing in one of the rooms and HaeRi walked out and crossed her arms over her shoulders.

 

"Way to ruin his career." She said snarkily. The two guessed the pictures had spread fast already.

 

Instead of punching HaeRi, Seunghee smiled to her, and sarcastically blew her a kiss. HaeRi became irritated at this. 

 

Eli chuckled at this, and Seunghee waved goodbye to her as they headed toward U-Kiss' manager office, while HaeRi walked back inside the studio.

 

~

"Kim Kyongjae what is the meaning of this relationship reveal?!" His manager boomed as the two stepped into the office.

 

They both cringed. "There's no use hiding it anymore. I mean, I'm assuming the paparazzi photographed our kiss." Eli trailed off sheepishly as Seunghee also avoided the manager's gaze.

 

His manager slapped down photos of the kiss, the hug, and holding hands running, on the desk in confirmation.

 

"Maybe so, but what were you doing out in public in the first place? I and the few other staff who knew have tried our best to keep your relationship under wraps, to protect you both." The manager explained.

 

Eli and Seunghee exchanged glances. Eli sighed. "You probably weren't aware, but Seunghee and I were actually on a short break the past week, and it's been hell. I know you were trying to protect us, but I also know you wanted to keep it secret in order to better market my idol image to the fans." Eli pointed out.

 

Seunghee waited worriedly at this remark. The manager frowned a bit.

 

"You're right. I'm sorry. But now things have to change. Miss Lee, you'll have to have your own bodyguard as well at all times." He explained.

 

Seunghee's eyes widened. "What? But how am I supposed to live normally?" She asked. Eli cleared his throat.

 

"Sorry" She said quickly, realizing he was never able to live normally after joining U-Kiss.

 

The manager glanced through his rolodex of information.

 

"Don't worry, I exaggerate when I say everywhere. This bodyguard will not be with you when you need to use the restroom or changing, or anything of that matter. And if you and Eli are on a date, the bodyguard will simply just be outside of the door and near the premises." He further explained.

 

The two sighed, but nodded slowly.

 

After thanking him for understanding, the two left the office, aware of everything that was slowly unraveling.