Were They All Just Lies?

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

    With an extra spring in her step, Seunghee walked across the hallway of NH media to U-Kiss' practice room to bring a homemade lunch of kimbap and fruit for Eli. 

 

It was a spur of the moment thing, but she decided to surprise him. That HaeRi girl was only trying to stir up trouble. She trusted Eli. Smiling, she said hello to the front desk receptionist, as she was waved in through to go to the practice room. 

 

When she arrived at the door she heard voices. Eli's and another girl's...HaeRi's? 

 

She froze, trying to calm herself. "Don't jump to conclusions." She reminded herself.

 

~

 

"When you're rapping you really have to practice enunciating each word. You don't want it to sound all slurred. So you should do mouth exercises regularly. Keep practicing the raps until you get a hang of it, and follow the beat of the music." Eli instructed, staring at the long miror in front of him, nodding to himself, ready to execute a rap.

 

HaeRi nodded firmly, though a mischievious glint was in her eyes. She had come to him, saying she needed help with her rapping, but she wasn't even one of the main rappers in her soon to debut girl group.

 

Eli being a bit naive, but nice, agreed to give her some pointers.

 

From the corner of her eye, she could see a faint shadow outline outside the doorway. Taking her chances that it was who she thought it would be, she grabbed onto Eli and kissed him suddenly, as he tried to push away.

 

Gasping, Seunghee couldn't believe her eyes. From her point of view it looked like he was holding onto HaeRi rather than trying to push her away.

 

Startled she dropped the wrapped bento lunch on the ground, and ran off down the hallway as Eli finally pushed HaeRi away.

 

Hearing the noise, he ran to the doorway and saw the dropped lunch, and Seunghee's fleeing figure.

 

"Seunghee!" He called after her, agitated. 

 

He caught up to her grabbing her arm, as she turned to him, her eyes moist yet shooting daggers at him.

 

"Let go" She said firmly.

 

"it's not what it looked like" He pleaded.

 

She scoffed, and a shiver ran up his spine, remembering how she had first treated him when they first met.

 

"Right. Were they all just lies? About your girlfriends? I know that HaeRi girl is really...adventurous so I've heard. You were upset that I wouldn't put out for you, so you gave into her?!" Seunghee shrieked, revealing her fears.

 

Eli stared at her, hurt at the accusations.

 

"Is that what you think of me? After everything I've said about how I'm portrayed differently on tv shows than I am in reali life?" He asked, his voice rising as well, as he let go of her arm.

 

Seunghee became silent, wiping her eyes and trying to steady herself. "I don't know anymore." She said simply and walked off.

 

This time Eli didn't go after her. He turned the opposite way, banging his fist against the wall before walking back to the U-Kiss dorm.

 

~