They'll Never Learn

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

“Miss Hwang. Why did you try and kill Nam Ji Hyun?” Officer Choi Siwon asked seriously, leaning against a small black table in the interrogation room, a flickering light bulb overhead on the ceiling.

 

Tiffany sat cross legged, and smiled at him, batting her eyelashes. “Officer Choi. You’re much too handsome to be an officer. Why didn’t you become a model or an actor?” Tiffany asked him coyly.

Officer Choi looked agitated. “Miss Hwang I’m asking you a serious question.” He repeated, firmly.

 

Tiffany shrugged. “JiHyun wanted to swim. Jessica and I simply, helped her.” She said simply.

Officer Choi banged his hands against the table, but Tiffany didn’t flinch.

“I’ve had enough!” He bellowed, and called in someone to her back to her cell.

“Call Dr. Shim as well. This woman clearly needs psychiatric help.” He added.

Tiffany looked unfazed and merely blew him a kiss as she was escorted out of the room.

~

Meanwhile Jessica was being interviewed by Officer Lee Donghae, as they sat across from each other, a small table in between them.

 

Jessica tapped her perfectly manicured hands against the tabletop, smiling at Officer Lee.

 

“SooYeon ssi. Miss Jung. Why did you try and kill Nam Jihyun?” Donghae asked in a serious voice.

 

Jessica smiled at him, twirling a lock of her long blonde hair around her slender fingers.

 

“Aw oppa, I only wanted to give her a little wake up call, that’s all. I forgot how attractive and charming you were, and I made a mistake trying to get Taecyeon oppa’s attention.” She said sweetly.

 

Donghae let out a long sigh. “SooYeon. Miss Jung. I don’t care that we have a past. This is strictly business. And I just can’t believe I went out with a psychopath. But it seems that is the case. Now I’m going to ask you one last time, why did you try and kill Jihyun?” He asked, incensed, since Jihyun was a close dongseng friend of his.

 

Jessica pouted at this. “Oppa. I didn’t. She simply wanted to go for a swim.” She answered back with a shrug.

Donghae rubbed the side of his face and then spoke into the intercom on the table, agitated.

 

“Miss Jung fails to cooperate seriously, take her back to the cell.” He instructed the cell guard.

 

She was led away, waving with her fingertips to Donghae who sighed.

 

~

“Jiyeon is going to ask Eli out”

 

“That girl, is going to ask him out?”

 

“Of all the people that are after him, it had to be her?”

 

“Why should I care? Eli’s a good judge of character. He should know a lying..”

 

“No. But I have to warn him as a friend right? But how do I make it seem as if I’m not jealous?”

 

“Ah. What am I saying? I’m not jealous. I can’t be. I’m simply concerned.” Seunghee thought to herself, as she paced in front of the lobby elevator.

 

The door dinged, opening to reveal Eli standing in the elevator, looking surprised to see her so soon.

 

“hey you wanted to see me?” He asked.

Seunghee nodded.

 

“Yeah but, can we talk somewhere private?” She asked, hesitantly.

 

He nodded back, and led her back to the elevator.

 

One of the vacant meeting rooms should be okay to talk.

 

As they slowly ascended the floors, the air was slightly awkward.

Seunghee was trying to think of a way to warn him, without seeming jealous.

 

Eli on the other hand was trying not to think of how he thought, that she had no feelings for him.

 

They hesitantly smiled at each other, as they stood side by side.

Someone needed to speak up.

 

Seunghee let out a breath.

 

“Eli I…” She started to say, as he looked at her patiently.

 

She was interrupted when the elevator abruptly stopped, and the light went out.

 

They both yelped in alarm, as they tumbled to the ground.

 

Slowly standing up, Seunghee remembered it was better to sit and wait if an elevator suddenly stalled.

 

Pulling out her phone from her pocket, for some light, she saw Eli sitting beside her, looking worried.

 

“Oh god. Are we stuck?” Seunghee asked, trying to keep the panic away from her voice.

 

Eli sighed. “Hopefully not. Hey, didn’t you mention you were claustrophobic?” He asked, carefully.

Seunghee stiffened. “Um yea, but I’m..I’m okay” She said meekly.

 

Eli stretched out his palm in front of her. “You can hold my hand if it makes you feel better.” He asked.

Seunghee blinked at him, and gently placed her hand over his, as he securely wrapped his fingers around her own.

 

They stared at each other for a moment, but then both felt embarrassed, so they looked away from each other, while they waited.

 

“If it makes you feel better, I can squish myself against the other wall so you have more space.” He joked.

 

Seunghee chuckled lightly, imagining him pressed up against a glass wall like a starfish.

 

They both smiled, catching each other’s eye, and then looking away again, their hands still intertwined.

 

~

 

“Kevin! What are you thinking?” Soohyun asked as he watched Kevin remove the power for the elevator in the electrical room.

 

Kevin sighed. “What must be done, must be done. If those two don’t end up together in one hour, I’ll myself.” He said.

 

Soohyun frowned at this.

 

“What? I’m saying how can they not? He’ll comfort her, and she’ll feel touched, and feel compelled to confess to him. It’s surefire plan.” Kevin said nodding to himself.

 

Soohyun sighed.

 

“But it could’ve been done some other way right?” He asked, unsure.

 

Kevin shrugged. “Well, drastic measures, is for drastic problems.” He explained, and left the electrical room, with Soohyun in tow.

 

He explained to the building custodian the situation, and placed a “no service” sign on the elevator door.

 

“Ah young love. Well holler if you need anything” The custodian said, wrench in hand, as he went to fix the vending machine.

 

Kevin whistled triumphantly, as he walked across the lobby, while Soohyun shook his head in disapproval.