Initiate Secrecy

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

"Looks like we're going to have to put our acting skills to the test" Seunghee muttered to Eli, as she was waiting to be safely escorted from the NH Media building.

 

She had to wait at a back alley of the building, while one of the company cars picked her up to be taken home.  

 

Eli nodded. "I think if we just act how we were towards the beginning?" He suggested. Seunghee frowned.

 

"I don't want to be mean to you." She protested. Eli thought for a moment. 

 

"Okay well, just be very casual. We both will" He suggested. She nodded, and quickly waved to him goodbye, hopping into the car when it arrived, and sending her home.

 

Eli sighed, and walked back inside the building.

 

He couldn't even hug Seunghee, in case anyone were watching or just because people blew things way out of proportion over a hug.

 

But in this case, they were together, but they didn't want the public to know that yet.

 

Seunghee stared out the tinted windows of the small black car, frowning to herself.

 

As happy as she was that she and Eli were together, the start of their secrecy, to hide their relationship was nerve wracking. 

 

"We're here, Miss Lee." The driver told her. Seunghee quickly thanked them and snuck out through the back side of her complex, quickly ambling up the steps, making sure no one had followed her.

 

When she got inside her house, she breathed a sigh of relief, leaning against the door.

 

Her parents were looking at her curiously.

 

"Are you alright Seunghee?" Her mom asked.

 

Seunghee nodded slowly. "Fine. I.. oh I forgot my stuff at In Young unni's, but.. ahh too risky..." Seunghee muttered.

 

Her father raised his eyebrows at this.

 

She smiled at them sheepishly.

 

"Oh um..I...how do I say this? You know how I was ignoring Eli?" She reminded them, slowly.

 

They both nodded.

 

"Welll..umm I decided it wasn't the right way to handle things so we talked things out and um, well...we're kind of together now?" She said, letting the statement hang like a question.

 

Her parents blinked at first, and then her mom hugged her.

 

"Well. he is a nice boy" Mrs. Lee said, and Seunghee was relieved.

 

Mr. Lee looked pleased as well, but gave her a warning look. "Yes, but be careful anyway Seunghee." He advised her.

 

Seunghee nodded and went to her room. She called up Xiumin, whom she hadn't seen since she quit the cafe, but they did talk occasionally.

 

"Hey Xiumin, what's up?" Seunghee asked casually.

 

"Well well if it isn't Miss, quit three months ago, and left me here to suffer." Xiumin joked.

 

"Xiumin" Seunghee said, shaking her head.

 

"I'm kidding, so what's up with you Miss Popular?" He asked.

 

Seunghee was confused. "What do you mean?" She asked.

 

"Saw you on allkpop, the other day. A picture of you and that singer and the headline said, "Who is U-Kiss' Eli dating?" The headline read.

 


But of course then another article came out, where the NH media denied it and your ever so used line, "they're just good friends." But anyway, so what's up?" He asked.

 

Seunghee paled at hearing this. So much for secrecy. Now she really had to keep it on the down low.

 

"Um, are you at work right now?"  She asked, carefully.

 

"On my way home. Taking the bus. Why?" he asked.

 

"Uh call me back when you're home?" She asked.

 

"Okay? Alright talk to you in a bit" he said and hung up.

 

~

20 minutes later, xiumin called again.

 

"So why did you need me to be home?" He asked her.

 

seunghee heard him setting his keys down somewhere.

 

"Well, about that headline.. at the time, the company was telling the truth but um, Eli and I are dating. it's pretty recent." She explained.

 

"Mwoh?! Dang Seunghee! You go from hating the guy to dating him. But what about all that stuff you said about not dating celebrities?" He asked.

 

Seunghee sighed. "I know I know. But he's really nice and down to earth, and I really misjudged him. But you have to keep this a secret okay?" She warned him.

 

" i know. I won't tell a soul. But be careful okay?" He told her gently.

 

Seunghee nodded to herself. "I know. Thanks XIumin bye" She said.

 

"Bye" He replied, and hung up.

 

 

A few seconds later, her phone lit up.

It was Eli.

 

Smiling she slid her finger across her phone. 

"Hey" She said casually, the smile seeping into her voice.

 

Eli laughed lightly, she could picture her smiling wherever he was.

 

"Hi. So I checked with my manager and the guys and I have a schedule during your court day. I'm really sorry" He said, his voice getting softer.

 

Seunghee was a bit sad, but she understood he was busy.

 

"It's okay. I'll know you're right there with me, anyway." She told him brightly.

 

Eli laughed. "I wish I really were though. I miss you." He said.

 

Seunghee smiled, propping her head up with another pillow, as she lay on her bed, talking to him.

 

"It's been an hour." She said with a laugh.

 

Eli whimpered jokingly. "The proper answer is, I miss you t0o." He said.

 

Seunghee cringed at his attempt at aegyo. "Oppaa, I miss you tooo." She said sweetly.

 

"Aigoo yahhh so cutee" She could hear Kevin in the background, and then a thump sound.

 

"Out" Eli said firmly.

 

Seunghee chuckled, picturing Eli glaring at Kevin to give him some privacy.

 

"Fine. I created this." Kevin said with emphasis.  And Seunghee imagined Kevin gesturing at Eli's phone.

 

"Whatever. Love you boo." He said to Kevin jokingly.

 

"Whaa" Seunghee said in mock surprise.

 

 

"Whatever babe" Kevin said, and left Eli's room.

 

Seunghee chuckled at this.

 

"Elvin bromance strikes again." She said with a sigh.

 

"Jealous?" Eli asked, jokingly.

 

Seunghee wrinkled her nose at this.

 

"Not a chance." She said, smiling widely.

 

~

"Seunghee ah, dinner's ready!" Mrs. Lee called to her.

 

 

"Gotta go. Talk to you later." Seunghee said.

 

"Okay. um.." Eli stalled.

 

They didn't feel it was right to say "i love you" after they had just gotten together.

 

"muah" Seunghee said with a laugh, and then hung up.

 

She left her room happily to eat dinner with her parents.

 

~

 

Eli stared at his phone in surprise, and then smiled shaking his head.

 

He really wished he could be hugging Seunghee after that cute antic, but a later phone call would have to suffice.

 

Sighing he left his room to see what everyone else was up to. 

 

When he opened the door, the other members, fell to the floor.

 

He glared at all of them.

 

"Eavesdropping?" He asked.

 

"No no no" AJ quickly said and walked out the hallway.

 

Kiseop Kevin, and the others shook their heads as well and scattered.

 

~