Doubting His Words, But A New Perspective

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

                  SeungHee spent the whole week, feeling guilty about her whole fiasco with Eli, but she wasn't exactly sure why. He had been a complete jerk, yet he did leave money to pay for the drink that she had wasted by throwing it at him.

 

That had to give him some decency points in her book didn't it? But what abou the way he treated JiHae on "We are Dating?" He was cocky, and whiny, and SeungHee had felt bad that JiHae had to put up with his childish ways.

 

Other people had argued that it was just a role the directors of the show gave him. Others counter argued that it was his real personality, and that was the reason the show got canceled.

 

Seunghee sighed in aggravation. Xiumin glanced at her in concern, as he saw her stomping on the recyclables aggresively. "Uh Seunghee I think the bottles are flat

enough now." XiuMin called out to her, breaking her reverie.

 

He was pulling out the box of utensils from the storage room, and she just smiled sheepishly, stopping all the stomping and placing the bottles in the recycling bin.

 

"So what's on your mind if you don't mind me asking?" He questioned her. Seunghee helped grab another box that held the new receipt orderpads and followed him back into the cafe.

 

She opened the box and started numbering off the order pads, while he refilled the utensil holder, and she explained.

 

"It's just, you remember that guy I threw the kelp shake at right?" She reminded him. He nodded, noticing the cook had left out some food for them to try and give feedback. Mini steamed buns.

 

Seunghee rolled her eyes at this but smiled anyway as Xiumin munched on one of them.

 

"Well, he was a complete jerk, but he left money to pay for the drink I threw at him. Why?" She asked allowed, still confused.

 

XiuMin shrugged, and finished chewing before he spoke. "Guess he felt guilty?" He replied back, popping another steamed bun into his mouth.

 

Seunghee placed the order pads in a drawer, and putting one inside her work apron along with a pen for taking down orders.

 

"Yeah, but why?" She asked again, more to herself than him.

 

Xiumin shrugged again, taking a sip of water from his water bottle on the counter. "Won't know unless you ask him personally." He pointed out.

 

She sighed. "Not sure how I'm going to do that." She started to say, until something airing on the cafe's tv caught her attention.

 

"U-Kiss is having a meet and greet at 3 o' clock this afternoon. Numerous fans-" A reporter trailed off, as Seunghee had a light bulb go off in her head.

 

She glanced up at the clock on the wall.

 

Xiumin looked confused. 

 

It was a quarter till 3.

 

She hurriedly removed her work apron, grabbing her car keys from underneath the cash register.

 

"Thanks Xiumin I need to go. Please tell Manager Lee that um, a family emergency came up if you don't mind." She hurriedly explained, as XIuMin blankly looked on, but nodded.

 

"Can I have your leftover steamed buns then?!" he called out as she was leaving the cafe.

 

She nodded, running to the parking lot.

 

With a shrug, Xiumin also ate Seunghee's share of the steamed buns, having no clue at what was going on.

 

-

Twenty minutes later she arrived at the U-Kiss meet and greet, but groaned at the huge line. Instead of waiting in the line, she went around to the back door of the venue, waiting and waiting, trying to look like she was just passing through the area.

 

Finally the door burst open as Kiseop, AJ, Hoon, were ushered hurriedly into the van of their manager. Followed by Kevin, Soohyun, and Dongho. They glanced at her in confusion, but she quickly looked away.

 

Spotting Eli, she turned back to face him, giving eye contact as he looked surprised to see her. 

-

He whispered something to the manager and the bodyguards who had arrived, they looked hesitant but nodded, giving him some time.

 

Walking over to Seunghee, she could see although he was in plain clothes, instead of stage performance clothes, he still had most of the stage makeup on.

She was trying not to swoon over the guyliner, considering what she came there for.

 

"Um, so about the other week. Why did you leave money?" She whispered.

He could feel the other members eyes boring out the van's windows, wondering who she was and what was going on.

 

He shrugged. "I knew I was out of line. So I tried to do what I could." he replied back.

 

She looked doubtful. "But, um..you..Jihae.." She trailed off.

 

Now he looked offended. "Not you too." He said.

 

She glanced up at him, suprised. "It was part of the script. Jihae noona and I are actually on okay terms. Are you really going to judge me from a tv show?" He asked.

 

Seunghee shrugged. "I'm sorry. I don't know any of you personally so it was wrong of me to do that." She apologized.

 

Eli sighed. "Well, if that's all, I guess I better get going then." He said, starting to make his way to the van.

 

Seunghee was slightly torn. "No wait." She said, as he turned back around.

 

"Thanks." She said sincerely.

 

He looked uncertain, but then when he could tell it was a genuine thank you, he smiled.

 

And then Seunghee's heart just gave out.

 

Kidding.

 

She gave a small smile back, and knew she had to get out of there before the bodyguards made her leave.

 

Quickly she waved goodbye to him and the other members, and rushed out of the backlot.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.