If I Told You

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

  The longer Eli and Seunghee sat in the dark elevator, the only light coming from their cellphones with no signal, the more anxious Seunghee became. But she tried to hide it, because she didn't want to worry him. 

 

When her hand started to clam up a bit she gently released her hand from his, wiping it on her jeans. Eli still looked at her worriedly, since she wasn't saying much. 

 

"I'm fine I'm fine" She tried to reassure him but found herself panicking more by the second. Eli noticed the look in her eyes and quietly scooted closer, wrapping both his arms around her from behind. 

 

Seunghee froze, praying he couldn't feel her heart pounding quickly. 

"Um Eli? Do you think.." She started to say but Eli knew what she would say so he gently interrupted. 

 

"Just breathe. The power should come back soon" He tried to reassure her. She felt grateful, but it was hard to breathe normally when he was holding her like that so she tried to clear the air. 

 

"Um do you want to play a game while we wait?" She asked.

 

Eli raised his eyebrows. 

 

"A question game I mean" She added quickly, flushing slightly. 

 

"Oh like 20 questions?" He asked. 

 

"Yeah sure. Um do you want to start?" She asked, settling into his embrace subconsciously.

 

Eli readjusted his seating a bit, to make sure he wasn't holding her too tightly. 

 

"Uh you can go first" He replied back. Part of him didn't want the power to come back so soon, if it meant Seunghee could relax that way. But he knew it didn't mean anything unless she said something.

 

"Okay. Um do you have an ideal type?" She found herself asking, much to her horror. It did seem like an odd question to ask, considering their situation. 

 

Eli was surprised as well, but answered honestly. "Um I'd say someone nice, has a similar sense of humor, can handle my mood, and knows how to make really good milk tea" He added for emphasis. Seunghee inhaled sharply in surprise, and he could feel it. 

 

He wasn't sure what it meant. So he went on. 

 

"What about you? " He asked, curiously. 

 

Seunghee steadied herself. Could she do it? But what about that whole Jiyeon thing? It was now or never. She'd spent the last 20 years of her life wavering, but she had to own up to her feelings now. 

 

She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, and she felt the motion elbow Eli near his ribcage. Seunghee turned rubbing where she had accidentally hit him. 

 

"Ah sorry. " She said and withdrew her hand. Now she was looking at him while she spoke, making it that much more nervewrackig. 

 

"Well, like you said too. Someone nice, can handle my ups and lows, funny, knows my fears and the one secret that changed me." She added, looking at him carefully. 

 

His eyes looked warm, understanding, and pleased. 

 

All she could do is blink while he had both arms around her shoulders. She had to say something. 

 

"Eli? I know it's  bad to talk this way, but.. if we don't make it, I want to say that I..well, the truth is, the day you asked me if I could only see us as friends, I lied." She slowly admitted, gentlt removing Eli's grasp around her, but finding herself holding his hands in between the two of them. 

She looked down at their hands, steadying herself and then back at him. 

 

"the reason I lied is because, I was afraid. I'm sill afraid actually. Not just because pf the media, but also what it would do to our friendship. I don't feel the way I first did when I first met you. Not by a long shot. You've become a really close friend, and along the way, my view changed about dating idols. I mean that first and foremost I see you not as Eli from U- Kiss, but as the guy who I ended up.. falling for." Seunghee finally confessed, breathing out in relief and worry. 

 

Quickly releasing his hands, she abruptly stood up, chastising herself for her blabbering. She was out of words now. 

With that same silence, Eli stood up and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her towards him, until their faces were almost nose to nose. Looking up at him, her chest hanmered out a heartbeat. 

 

"Me too" He said softly, leaning in slowly till his lips brushed against hers. His lips were so soft, she thought her knees would give way.  His faint cologne, the feel of his cotton t shirt, she kept all these things in the back of her mind as they kissed. Somewhere within her, she summoned the courage to press lightly against him, reciprocating the kiss, as the air shifted again. 

They were no longer just friends. They were each others' rocks, pillars of support, and the most meaningful person in their lives. 

As they pulled apart, Eli held her face gently in his hands, as they smiled at each other. Leaning in he gave her one last peck, embracing her warmly as the elevator suddenly lit up, rebooting.