You Deserve Better-edited and updated

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

 

   "I just don't understand why you stay working here when they treat you like ." Eli said, his eyebrows furrowing as Seunghee continued to mop the floors, making sure to get all the corners around the tables. 

 

She frowned. "Because I need the money?" She tried to explain, but Eli shook his head, as he stood out of the way while she mopped.

 

"It has to be more than that. There are other places that are hiring." He explained to her matter of factly.

 

She stopped her mopping and glanced up at him, trying to ignore his steely gaze. "Fine. I'm afraid that I won't get hired anywhere else. This place hired me on the spot. No questions asked." She explained with a long sigh, and averted her gaze. 

 

Eli took a few steps towards her and lifted her chin in his hands, much to her surprise. She couldn't look away from his deep brown eyes now.

 

"Seunghee. You deserve better and you know it." He told her firmly. She gave him a small smile, and gently pushed his hands away. 

 

"Thanks but, I just don't know right now. You know you're always visiting me here when you don't have any schedules." She said, feeling bad.

 

"Not always." He insisted. She raised her palms in the air, and shrugged.

 

"Okay not always. But do you wanna go somewhere else? Or is it too risky?" She asked, setting the mop against the register counter.

 

Eli folded his arms against his chest. "Hmm. Where?" He asked, curious.

 

Seunghee thought for a moment. "Hmm pojangmancha?" She asked.

 

Eli shrugged. "Okay haven't been there in awhile." He said. Then he glanced up at the clock. "What time do you get off?" He asked.

 

"In about an hour." She said with a sigh. Eli didn't understand why she wasn't fighting to free herself from that job.

 

"Okay. I'll just sit at my usual table then." He said and started to walk towards the far corner high table.

 

"Wait." She said and he turned around. Seunghee had a determined look on her face and left the mop by the counter.

 

"You're right. It's time." She said and removed her work apron.

 

"Let's go." She said firmly and eli raised an eyebrow but followed her out of the cafe, after she clocked out.