Call You What?

Hiding Away~COMPLETED

 

"So you work how many times a week although you have University still?" Eli asked Seunghee, as he sat on a hightable, drinking milk tea, while she mopped the cafe floor. Ever since she went to see him and apologize, he started coming back to the cafe more often.

 

It was a slow work hour at the moment, so she had time to chat for a bit, while she worked. Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, she glanced back at him. Doing chores in front of an idol, might've seemed weird or embarassing to some people, but for some reason she didn't really think much about it anymore. Idols were people to, so she did her best to remember that, and think of him, just like everyone else. 

 

"Four times a week, once in a rare while, five times a week." She explained, sticking the mop inside the bucket of water, and squeezing out water again, and scrubbing the floor some more.

 

Eli thought about this for a moment, then poked a skewer at some fried tofu he had ordered as well. "Okay how about.. what are you majoring in?" He asked, curious.

 

"Child development studies, and minoring in communication studies." She replied back, as he looked impressed, more or less. Then he started firing random questions, to try and get her to answer as honestly as possible.

 

"Morning or night?"

"Night"

"Chicken or liver?"

"Chicken"

"Hot or cold?"

"Hot"

"Chocolate or candy?"

"Candy"

"Taecyeon or WooYoung?"

"WooYoung"

"Me or Kiseop hyung?"

 

Seunghee caught this and stopped mopping. "Not telling you my bias in your own group." She said firmly. He frowned. "Come on." He pleaded. She sighed.

"Kiseop oppa." She said, trying to sound convincing. He gaped at this. 

"Wah. Now you're calling him oppa?" He asked, faking shock. "Just shush and eat your tofu." She said, quickly, and went back to mopping.

 

"Hey. Call me oppa too." He asked, as she looked at him with a blank face. "What? No. Of course I wouldn't really call Kiseop oppa. I'd probably call him sunbae," She explained, ringing out the mop.

 

"Hey please. Or do you just not do aegyo or anything related to it?" He asked, slightly amused.

 

"Are you kidding Seunghee does aegyo all the time to try and get out of.." Xiumin randomnly appeared, as Seunghee shot him a warning look. He quickly went back into the back kitchen.

 

Eli raised an eyebrow at this. "Dude. Just stop. I don't even call my brother oppa. My parents were very liberal about it too surprisingly." She explained, starting to walk over to the drawer where the custodial keys were.

 

"You know, we could put all this behind us if you just admit I'm your bias." He said, pretending to be cocky. Seunghee stopped in her tracks, and turned, gaping slightly.

 

She fixed her expression. "Wha. You're so full of yourself Eli really." She said, shaking her head and pulling open the drawer, grabbing the keys.

 

As she walked out of the cafe to go to the closet, she heard him call out.

 

"It's not that difficult to say you know." He sing songed.

 

She groaned, and unlocked the custodial closet, putting the mop and broom away. When she came back, Eli was finished with his food, and motioned for her to take the empty plate away. "You're unbelievable." She said, sighing. 

 

Rolling her eyes, she walked over, and grabbed the plate, her fingers brushing his for a moment, as she was dangerously close to flinching and dropping the plate. But she made herself focus, and walked off into the back kitchen to put it in the sink

 

Coming back to the front of the cafe, Eli was smirking. She gave him a withering glare. "What?" She said, trying to keep her voice icy. He took a sip of his milk tea, still smirking and then spoke. 

 

"I saw that." He said simply. "Saw what?" She said, trying to give him a  "What are you, stupid?" expression. 

 

"You flinched." He said, and she tried not to make any outbursts. 

 

She scoffed. "There was static on the plate." She explained lamely. He still loked doubtful.

 

"Is it really so difficult? Why?" He asked her, but she didn't want to elaborate. 

 

"Come on tell me right now, or I'm walking out." He explained. 

 

She shrugged. "Okay. You already paid your bill." She pointed out.

 

He looked at her in disbelief. "Is that all you care about? Your work's business?" He asked, feigning hurt.

 

"Maybe" She said lightly. He pretended to be distraught but she wasn't buying it either.

 

He got up from the hightable, and picked up the leftover of his drink, and glanced at her, before he started to walk away.

 

"Have a nice day" She called out, in the routine sing song voice.

 

Eli frowned. "Seunghee come on" He pleaded.

 

"Bye" She said, waving at him. With a grunt, he started to walk out the door, the bells chiming behind him.

 

"You were right though. But just this once." She called out lightly, but he picked up on it. He walked backwards, and turned around.

 

"Knew it" He said with a smile, as she rolled her eyes, and he walked back out of the cafe, with pretend swagger in his step.

 

"Dork" She muttered with a small smile, as she started wiping down the tabletop.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved. 

.